“Nice place to stay!”

Evergreen Place Bangkok
Ranked #21 of 1,335 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed June 2, 2013

It's my first overseas trip and I chose Bangkok which very exact for shopping! I booked Evergreen Place Bangkok from agoda.com. It's very easy to find,fast check-in,lobby interior is good, I got room on 9th floor, the room included with kitchen and I like that. The room is nice and face city view. About cleanliness it's okay but I'm having little problem with their clean service, one morning I put sign "make up my room" then got some little shock about clean service after got back to my room, all of my cosmetic tools were soaked ( I put them on the corner of wash basin table) and still much of dust on the TV's table. The next day, I put away my dried cosmetic tools avoid something happen again.I agree with some other review of this Hotel, there is a freebie who is little annoying and didn't help much. Beside my complains, it's nice hotel to stay, a doorman named Sam is very friendly and he helped me much, first he helped me to find nearest mall and how to get there,then he arranged my tour trip to Safari world, get information about ladyboy's show at Asia Hotel, he is very nice.The general manager on hotel is very friendly too. This hotel is very close with minimarket,cafe,mrt,shopping place,and has very good street food! I recommended for you who travelling with friends,or family to stay here.In conclusiion,I hope this hotel would improved about room cleanliness more, I would stay in evergreen place too if I go to bangkok again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Staff very friendly, conveniently located in CBD bangkok, 5 minutes walk from MBK and SIM Discovery, big swimming pool and lots of varities on breakfast buffet.Came to Bangkok just because i saw the low budget chinese comedy movie LOST IN THAILAND. Pitifully didnot try thailand style SPA in the hotel and will definitely check out once back in thailand for some sightseeing again .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Moved in room and found dark hair on ground and bed. Cheap and used furniture, shower with mouldy corners, shower head not fixed. Towels grey with spots here and there. Low ceilings everywhere. Breakfast more Asian, but overall quality poor: overcooked meals, dry fruits. Whole place needs a total renovation, don't know where the 4 stars come from, will cancel the remaining days and move to 5 stars.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

A lot of positives with this place like less than 10 minutes walk to big shopping centres and 2 minutes away from the monorail.
They have a above average buffet breakfast,nice outdoor swimming pool and plenty of treadmills and a small weights room

Most staff (apart from this chubby female worker who didn't seem interested) and staff Sam the doorman who felt like he went out if his way to help you.

You can also borrow DVDs And the tv has / English movie channels.

There is complimentary water and street food and massage places close by

I enjoyed eating at "puff and pie!" Which was close by

The negatives are minor like out room was leaking water but they promptly came to fix it

Enjoyed my experience here

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed with my family at this serviced apartment over the recent long weekend holiday.

Fast check-in. We liked the place; near the mrt and major shopping areas.
Breakfast menu were quite standard for the past three days. Room service were efficient. The only complaint that I had was to ask for the freebies which came with my booking with the front service personnel.

Btw, must try the Japanese eatery near the hotel. It was good but quite expensive for a local. And, the massage place located in the building is much better than the one located near the 7-11.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank siyimi
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Actually I didn't want to write this review, but the more i think about the service the more i felt i really should take some time out from my busy schedule to feedback.

Prior to my stay, I had indicated to them that my flight is arriving early and informed them to help to arrange for early check-in. They had promised to help and I understand that such arrangement depends on the situation.

Upon arrival, my child felt sick and vomited on the cab and also vomited on me as well. I told them about my situation, they just avoided this issue and just replied there was no room and no assistance was given nor any help. I was lost caught up in such situation. All they told me was to wait till there is available room.

I had no choice but to clean up myself and my child in their main lobby washroom then and waited for hours and hours! I waited for 2-3 hours and returned to check if there was any available room but to my disappointment, none! At this point of time, my child was feeling sick and i could do nothing.

Then I waited for another 2-3 hours and went back again, still no room! At this time, it was past the usual check-in time. I thought at this time, there should be rooms as I had made prior booking! But how come I saw travelers arriving in travel groups but they were able to check in and get rooms?! What is this?

No assistance nor help was given! At this time, my child is really in a terrible state. So he was sleeping on the sofa in the main lobby after his vomiting. And for me, I smelt of his vomit, also starting to feel lethargic and feeling sick too but still there was no room.

I waited from morning 9am plus till past 4pm then they had no choice but to offer me their suite room when I start to question them why this is happening?! What is this kind of hotel? Their service really sucks! They are not helping when guest really needed help.

When I got into the suite and after settling my sick child, i finally can get some rest but the tv was not working with all the white streaks on the screen when on. I really can't imagine that this is happening. I am already so tired and worn out with all the incidents, I just can't be bothered with it anymore.

If my child is not sick, I don't mind leaving my luggage behind and go out to somewhere else. If my child is not sick, I would have brought him out to find another hotel. It's because he is so sick, that's why all the waiting time only make him suffer much more.

Room Tip: If you are fit and healthy you may book this hotel. Should there be any mishaps or unexpected stuff...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank bloodymiko
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Just a 3-5 min walk from the Ratchaweri BTS, the location is simply great. Its just a station away from Siam & Chit Lom (major shopping districts). The hotel is bit off the road so getting there may a challenge in the beginning. The room layout are like a apartment, we really enjoyed the sitting room, kitchen, bed room suite. Good view and had Wifi too. The pool is on the 8th floor along with the Gym, spa etc, really good. Overall, real value of money. Street food below the hotel was awesome too.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family