Lowest prices for your stay
$16
Free cancellation until 12/11/21
Hotels.com$16
Booking.com$16
FindHotel$10
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2019 via mobile

Great little hotel in a good location (5mins walk from Skytrain station On Nut) there’s a free tut tut which will drop you off at the main road, cheap and cheerful, rooms are clean. WiFi, Tv with 3 or 4 English channels. Staff were extremely helpful. We stored our big backpacks there whilst we went off to the islands for a few days with smaller ones, better than lugging stuff around that wasn’t needed. Plenty of street food/markets in walking distance (turn right over the bridge and there’s a lovely little cafe for breakfast/snack in the morning or there’s the Bar Sawatdee which is buzzing in the evening and offers different foods including pizza).

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2018 via mobile

A nice, basic hotel with very, very clean rooms. Front desk staff are extremely helpful and pleasant with pretty good English skills (especially Noina).  Housekeeping staff are efficient and always smiling. Tuk tuk service was unavailable during my stay but did not bother me. Breakfast was adequate with eggs cooked to order and kitchen staff are more than helpful (I have restricted mobility).
Plenty of food vendors within easy walking distance as well as a couple of 7/11 stores.
Only downside is there's no kettle in room which would have been nice (they don't advertise that they do so can't really complain).
They have quietest elevator I've ever used.  Bit of street noise in morning but hotel itself is generally very quiet and peaceful.
Fairly stable wifi provided free of charge.
Nice to have assistance with luggage and a reasonably priced cab arranged for an early morning flight to Laos.

Would happily stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2018

Formerly known as Hotel Nida (On Nut), the Solo Express Hotel is a wonderful 3-star hotel located on a quaint street within Sukhumvit area. Stayed with my family (wife and 1-year old child) for a 4-night holiday.

Room (Signature King):

While simple in outlook and design, the room delivers exceptionally in terms of functionality. Along with the basics, it was further equipped with a small kitchenette area, microwave (which was perfect for us since we had to prepare food for a child) and an extra coffee table and cushioned chair. Bed and linen were very clean and comfortable (with only some slight stains on their small cushion pillows - others were spotless) and the room was generally very fresh and well kept.

The bathroom was acceptable but not without its faults. One minor observation: the water temperature of the shower was inconsistent, constantly fluctuating from hot to cold back and forth, which was not very comfortable and even posing a danger for our child when the water suddenly turns hot. Other than that, everything was generally fine.

Location:

Everything you possibly need is within close proximity, with plenty of eateries and a 7-11 along the same road, and On Nut BTS station, Century Plaza and a huge Tesco Lotus just a 5-minute walk away. Minor problem: the access road towards the main road is slightly narrow, where you might find yourself being quite close to passing vehicles. While not extraordinarily dangerous, it would be in your interest to be more cautious when walking along that road. That being said, the hotel provides a free tuk tuk service to the main road which is very, very helpful and understanding of the hotel. Overall, I personally feel that the hotel's location is excellent.

Staff and service:

Exemplary. Reception staff had outstanding English proficiency, and all staff were extremely welcoming, warm and accommodating. They did the best they could to make our stay as pleasant as possible. Highly commendable.

Conclusion:

I would have no hesitations giving the Solo Express a perfect score if it weren't for the minor issues as presented above. We especially loved the location and the abundance of amenities in close proximity. Overall a well-run hotel - would have no hesitations coming here again for a repeat stay.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank TL7
Reviewed October 26, 2018

The hotel is well located and has good facilities. The rooms, beds, washrooms are all nice. They give free 2 bottle water daily. Room cleaning is very efficient. The rooms in the second building are very comfortable. I had room 2501 which had a nice city view, particularly at night; when you can pull off the curtains and lie in bed admiring the night lights. The traffic on the road is a lot during all times, and also at night, so it can be annoying, even on the fifth floor room! The shower place is nice with hot water available at all times. The staff is very good and helpful. Every morning I used to get my hot water from the kitchen, for my coffee!!
However, I had a disappointing experience during checkin. Their card machine would not work. So I offered to pay them 1000 THB as advance cash, and the rest i offred to pay the next morning. The receptionist refused and wanted the full 8 nights payment upfront. So I had to go out to a nearby ATM, at 9 pm, and withdraw cash to pay them. As a result I had to spend extra 1000 THB as ATM fees, card-fees and Tax. This was a big loss for me as my stay cost me 1000 THB extra, just because their card machine was not working. So, I am upset about it and feel cheated that my stay cost me more.

Room tip: Rooms in the new building and facing the road have better views.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank JAYANTBISWAS
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

I booked a room via Agoda,for sure I already paid everything for it! And when i check in,the staff told me they no longer Nida hotel since today! The day i check in! My friends just get their rooms yesterday and everything totally fine! Now it's "just not works " for me! And when I asked them about the money I already paid,the staff just throw me Agoda numbers and "you call by your self " ??????? So now this is my problem ??? You guys took my money and now my job is fix it!?!? What kind of service is this???? This totally scam i will do everything even sue you guys to take back the money!

Date of stay: October 2018