Lowest prices for your stay
$16
Free cancellation until 12/11/21
Hotels.com$16
Booking.com$16
FindHotel$10
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 26, 2016

About 8-10 min walk from BTS On Nut in a small alley. Hotel has 2 building , we stayed in the second. Room is clean and size just fit. Cleaning service daily and all essentials replace. We stayed for 2 nights before heading to Koh Samui, overall it is a good stay.
Nearby On-Nut station you may find everything you need, food stalls, shops, street market Big C & Tesco and a lot of fast food restaurant.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cal G
Reviewed August 23, 2016

The hotel is a good budget hotel. Its clean and cosy. The rooms are small but has the essentials that a guests needs. The front desk staffs were friendly and helpful. The hotel is quite in hence there is a free tuk tuk service to send you till the end of the road. The MRT is nearby.
There are shops and eateries nearby.
Great location. Good for a short stay or a budget holiday.
There are breakfast available, not that bad but the selections can be better.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2016

I stayed 2 nights Solo Express. Initially I was a bit disappointed because the first impression was more basic than what I expected. Sure, it's a budget hotel (or maybe a boutique budget hotel) but yet fairly new and even though the rates were low, the location a bit further away from the action still made me feel as if it was slightly overpriced for Bangkok during August (I also have stayed at the other Solo hotel in the past, which was only slightly more expensive but offered much better value).

I had the suite which is mostly characterized by some weird planning leading to a bunch of additional but awkward because unusable square meters. Other points of criticism are a rather basic breakfast with the choices of rice soup or "american breakfast", a rather reserved welcome by the reception staff and the fact that the Wifi router on my floor did not work, which meant that I had to use the router from the floor below which had an obviously rather weak signal. I reported the issue but was only told that this router on my floor didn't work.

On the plus side, the cleanness of the room was above Thai average, the bed was super comfortable with a nice blanket & plenty of pillows, the booking of the taxi to the airport went smoothly (500 bath flat including tolls - little bit more expensive than a metered taxi but I like having peace of mind) and the location still is totally ok considering that it's only a 600 m walk to the nearest metro station. Also, the transport to and from BKK airport takes less time than if you would stay in a more central area.

In the future, I'd probably try out another hotel in Bangkok. However, if you are in between flights and want to stay 30 min by taxi from the airport but close enough to central Bangkok for a quick visit, then Solo Express might be a good choice.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank martinweigert
Reviewed August 19, 2016

Rooms are kind of small but it had everything we needed for our short stay - we felt very comfortable in this hotel. Everything was clean and the view from the room was nice.

Their internet connection was fast and steady, which was good when you need to work. Hotel was only a 6-8 min walk to On Nut Bts station and it was in a "quiet" neighborhood. Staff were helpful and friendly.

We think this hotel is good value for your money - we would stay again for few days.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2016

The lobby and rooms at Solo Express were clean and bright. Not a far walk from the BTS, and they have a shuttle bus that can bring you the 200m up the street. Affordable and overall highly recommended.

• Trip type: Traveled on business