Welcome Sawasdee Inn
$200
$608
$442
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 23, 2012

It was my first trip to go out of the country with no adult supervision and very limited money so of course, my companion and I chose a 'cheap' accommodation, which we booked online. The photos there showed satisfactory pictures of rooms and facilities and for such a low price! Of course, my relative and I decided to go for it.

We arrived at this place at around 3:30 a.m. The receptionist was there to receive us, but she was quite cranky... After dealing with her, she told us that our room was on the second floor so we looked for it on our own; the way to the rooms is really scary-- as in, it looks like a setting for a horror film. Imagine, that was around 3:30 in the morning and the lights in the hallway were rather dim coupled with creaky stairways and walls that had peeling paint, it just looked plain scary. Not to mention that it smelled quite musky... Upon arrival, that was the time we realized that the photos online were not an accurate representation of what you'd see and experience in real life.

Upon arriving at our room, we were surprised to see that it looked quite OLD; it even smelled old. But, the good thing is that the room is spacious and it had an air-conditioning unit. The headboard of the two single beds were also distinctly of Thai culture so it added a kind of charm to the otherwise minimalistic design of the room... The bathroom is clean and quite big, but again, it looked old.... All in all, I guess this would do for a backpacker since you would not really stay around here for a long period of time. It's only good for sleeping and taking a bath. I can't really complain-- other than the obvious disregard of the staff for us-- since it IS quite cheap. All I know is that this accommodation really fit in on our tight budget, but next time, I probably would try another inn or hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Ojaesama
SawasdeeHotels, Operation Officer at Welcome Sawasdee Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

On behalf of Sawasdee Group , please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at the Sawasdee Welcome Inn on 23 May 2012
Your comments will help us serve you and all our guest better in the future.
We apologise for the annoyance/inconvenience that this may have caused to you. The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

We continue to be committed to provide you and all our guests with the highest standard of service in the industry. We look forward to your continued patronage and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.
If you have any clarification please don’t hesitate to call us.

Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

I was booked into this hotel by the travel agency that organized my trip to chiang mai. I was told I would get a "superior deluxe", very comfortable room with air condition. When I arrived at this lousy place, I was barely greeted and had to find my room by myself. The room was supersmall and really filthy: no bathtowel, aircondition not working, the bedsheets were dirty, there was no window, and the bathroom was not only covered in dirt, but also full of fungi. Moreover, nobody seemed to have bothered flushing an earlier guest's remainders down the toilet, which tells me that a room cleaning never actually happened. Moreover, you'll find you have to share your room with ants and cockroaches (approx. 5cm long), and maybe other animals. Finally, the inward locks are all rusty and old, so that you won't be able to lock your room properly.
Down in the Lobby you get observed bY the staff. Indeed, one of them always follows you around and constantly is in hearing distance, which creeps me out. In the lobby you'll find cockroaches ants mice,geckos and I even noticed a rat right 10cm from the entrance (there are no doors, it's all open). I spent the night down in the lobby, trying not to fall asleep while waiting for the time to pass. I had to check out at 6am in order to continue my trip, so I decided not to sleep at all so that I wouldn't have to go back to my room at all. I felt quite uncomfortable, though, as I was constantly observed by the staff.
All in all, this is the worst hotel I have ever been to and I wouldn't recomend to stay there at all. You'll easily find cleaner and friendlier places near khaosan road wirhout actually paying more for a room.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Lucky150411

On behalf of Sawasdee Group , please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay at the Sawasdee Welcome Inn on 15 May 2012
Your comments will help us serve you and all our guest better in the future.
We are currently updating the facility to provide the ultimate relaxation.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

i booked this hotel online - believing their false photos of the place. the room looked like a 1960 bangkok prison cell. the staff was careless. the toilet was gross. do not book this hotel. we could not stay there and had to go look for another hotel.

Room Tip: take a room somewhere else...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dror p
Reviewed February 17, 2012

It starts off with the unhappy receptionist who could care less if you stay or go.Then comes the trip up the dirty stairs to to dirty room.On the plus side the rooms are well ventalated because the windows are broken.My wife asked me to stuff the dirty towells in the holes in the walls to keep rats from comming in. IMPORTANT TIP!!!
insist on a room on lower floor because if the place catch on fire ,those people in the upper floors are toast.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank stacey s
KhaosanArea, Area Director at Welcome Sawasdee Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Dear Stacey S,

On behalf of hotel management , Please kindly accept our sincere apology regarding your dissatisfaction with our facilities & services during your stay we hasten to apologize for the inconvenience caused . Please, rest assured that remedy actions are under way to avoid reoccurrence of similar situations.

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking time and trouble to inform us about your experience. It is only by these kind of comments that we are able to constantly improve our services and standards.

We would like you to faith in our services & product improvement and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sawasdee on Khaosan Road , Bangkok , we remain.

Yours sincerely,

Daranee Thipsathien, Ms.
Area Director

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Cramped, dingy, dirty. Nothing like what their website photos show. Holes in the windows, shower/toilet area only barely big enough for the toilet to fit in. Would only recommend it for an emergency 1 night stay. A slight step up from sleeping in the gutter but only just !

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank RavinNutter

Dear Ravin Nutter,

On behalf of hotel management , Please kindly accept our sincere apology regarding your dissatisfaction with our facilities during your stay , we hasten to apologize for the inconvenience caused . Please, rest assured that remedy actions are under way to avoid reoccurrence of similar situations.

Yours sincerely,