The inn is located near Khaosan road, the famous party block, in Bangkok. Locationwise, it is very convenient. Food vendors and massage parlors are everywhere within 1 minute distance.
It is basically a quick stayover for many backpackers. The price per night depends on fan or air conditioning, shared bathroom on private ones, including breakfast or not. After all, the price in Baht is not expensive compare with dollars in US.
The pros and cons of this particular hotel:
1. location - food and fun
2. rather cheap but not the cheapest
3. choices - what you pay is what you get
4. Not too noisy even close in the proximity of the party screamers block
1. rooms are quite dirty with holes on the wall
2. no room services until after you check out, asked the bedsheets changed twice but nothing got done
3. front desk personnel is rude and unfriendly
Usually the hotel front desk personnel takes turn according to their shifts. During my stay there, the person called Kob was there all the time. Her english was not perfect but the worst was her temper. Asking her questions seemed like bothering her. And her responses were always like "You CANNOT this, you CANNOT that.." without understanding the questions thoroughly. She was a big talker and seldom listened. Quite irritating.
I had emailed my complaints to the hotel's customer service but not much help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sawasdee Smile Inn is located on Rambuttri road . It is a 10-minute walk from Khaosan road . With a cozy rooms Sawasdee Smile Inn is offer value-for-money accommodations. It features 24 hours reception , open air lobby and free wifi a in public area . Featuring Thai modern décor . All the rooms are equipped with air conditioning and flat-screen TV . Some rooms feature a private bathroom with hot shower . Smile Bar &Restaurant open at 7 am-midnight .There’re serving varieties Thai & international cuisine. The A la carte breakfast offers a choice of Asian or western style and room service is available on site .Sawasdee Smile Inn is a 300 metres away to the Grand Palace , Wat Pho and easy access to get public transportation to downtown . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sawasdee Smile Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawasdee Smile Hotel Bangkok