All reviews chong nonsi bts station premier room quiet area large fridge ironing board good size shower curtain small gym minute walk bigger room night market tour desk walking distance swimming pool star hotel non smoking room the main road
Reviewed April 19, 2009

I have been to Bangkok numerous times (being that much of my family resides there), and I found that for the price, there are few other Hotels in Bangkok that can compare to Furama Sathorn. Whenever I needed anything, a kind attendant would arrive (seemingly spontaneously) and politely assist me with whatever I needed. My room was spacious, clean, and nicely decorated (not to mention the very comfy bed). On my trip I also traveled to Tokyo Japan, and in just one night in Tokyo at a 4 star hotel I got a pint box room for the same price as 5 nights at Furama (also a 4 star) in a deluxe suite, of which there was no comparison in any respect. Also, breakfast is included everyday, which is quite nice seeing how most other hotels charge.

The staff at the front desk at Furama are multilingual, and will gladly assist you in finding and/or recommending any restaurants, venues, or whatnot as well as get you the best (and safest) travel arrangements right away. During my next trip to Bangkok (which is soon), I will definitely be at Furama again. I was very pleased.

Additionally, there are countless venues within walking distance to shop, dine, party, so on and so forth. There is even an art gallery/wine bar right around the corner! Also, the SkyTrain station is right around the corner.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank rok_nok82
Reviewed April 9, 2009

There are lot of cheaper hotels in Bangkok of course, but I was looking for a nice place to spend last days of vacation in Bangkok after a 4-weeks-trip. And really- I got it! The Furama Xclusive Sathorn is a perfect harbour for Bangkok tourists as well as for business stay. It is perfectly clean, the service is great and the rooms coming with complete furnishing. The included breakfast is multifarious and tasty. The location is central, it is just a 3 minutes walk to sky train. But you should not plan to go by taxi - there is a traffic jam around the clock. Once we needed 40 minutes for 3 km! Check out time is so as common at noon. Because my flight was at evening I asked if I can hold the room longer. The friendly stuff at reception allowed to use the room until 3 p.m without extra charge. Affability generally is terrific in this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yalowa
Reviewed March 31, 2009

It wasn't my first visit to Bangkok but most of the times I was staying in Asia Hotel which was actually pretty crappy, if not for its location and direct access to the BTS station. When I managed to spot a good deal for FuramaXclusive Sathorn on an online booking site, which had Deluxe room going for around av US$75 per night with free breakfast, I decided to give it a shot. We booked three double rooms for the six of us. The hotel was also prompt in their response when we emailed them on some queries.

We arranged for two-way transfer of a van with the hotel, which cost Bt1,300 per way. Van takes up to 10 pax so if you have a big group, the transfer is worth going for. Think the van was of Toyota Alphard make, so it was pretty comfortable.

As they could only offer two non-smoking rooms at the point of check-in, we had the 3rd room upgraded to Premium as we did not want a smoking room. Upgrade was at just Bt300 per night so it was pretty reasonable. All the staff we encountered were very friendly, efficient and helpful with the check-in and other requests.

Our room was roomy and comfortable. Cable TV was available and the hotel provided two complimentary bottles of water everyday. Our room also came with a little kitchenette but who uses it in a food haven like Bangkok? There was a small service balcony too, but the view of our room was mediocre - not a problem for us since we were not in the room most of the time.

Breakfast was a simple, standard fare in a relaxed ambience but you can still get filled up. Suggest you can put in order for congee which was pretty good. Egg station was not bad too though egg with cheese was a little dubious. We also tried the foot massage (Bt 300 for an hour) at the Pachara Spa & Massage in the hotel compound, which was pretty decent.

Walk to the nearest Chong Nonsi BTS station took merely 3-5mins. However, as the hotel is located in a small soi near to the financial district and many motorists use the soi as short-cut to enter the area on weekdays, so navigating the soi during peak hours can be a little tricky, but just watch your step and you should be fine. The area also becomes a little deserted at the end of the day but given its proximity to the BTS station, it should not be a major concern.

Overall, it was a great experience staying with the hotel. If I want to stick to a tried and tested place, I will definitely go back to FuramaXclusive Sathorn, or perhaps give its other branches in Asok or Sukhumvit a try.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Je T
Reviewed March 20, 2009

We arrived in the middle of the night and our taxi driver had no problems finding the hotel due to the map I printed off of the hotel site. I can see where it might be difficult to locate because it is pretty much hidden. Checking in was quick and painless. Your hotel key will be used to activate the elevator. I found that out after standing in the elevator for a minute. When I walked out of the elevator I realized the hallways leading to the rooms are not air conditioned. Not a big deal since the rooms are very close.

Our room appeared to be clean, but didn't give me that cozy feeling I was looking for. It had a refrigerator, microwave, and stocked minibar. The air conditioning was controlled by remote and the t.v. provided engish channels.

We had a tub/shower and it was hard to position the shower head so that water wouldn't flow onto the floor. I guess that is why there was a drain next to the toilet.

The breakfast was inexpensive and very good. A wide selection of cereals/fruits, breads, and asian style extras. I especially liked being able to order eggs to my liking.

The free wireless internet was a great touch. After staying at a few hotels during my stay in Thailand I found out that most want to charge daily for internet.

Location is perfect. The station is almost right around the corner. It made it very easy to visit all the hot spots.

Don't miss out on the massage place right outside the hotel. It is very cheap and wonderful after a day of shopping.

The only problem I had with this hotel was roaches. Not in our room, but in the restauarant area. I seen a roach on two seperate occasions. The first was while serving myself food during breakfast. I seen one running on the buffet table. The second time was on my table. I grabbed for my coffee and there it was. I had to move and notified one of the hotel personnel. They came over and noticed it had made its way into the coffee creamer. Basically, they apologized and I couldn't eat anymore.

Overall, good deal minus the roaches.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debrina1620
Reviewed March 6, 2009

This hotel is close to the sky train and Silom Rd so access is good, though the little lanes leading to the hotel can be crowded with cars at peak times. The staff were wonderful. They are friendly and they remember your name after a day or tow, which makes for a nicer, more personalised stay. They also host an evening "cocktail" party, where the only alcohol is beer, but there are nice snacks to go with it and the fruit juices.

The restaurant offers a pretty good breakfast with eggs cooked individually for you and some decent noodles in addition to breads, cereal and fruit. The rooms were OK and I could not hear anything from the neighbouring rooms which is a real plus. So was the big TV and DVD player. The bathroom had water issues - it wanted to be on the floor not down the drain, but this was overcome with some strategically placed towels by the housekeeping staff.

The pool is not very big but does not receive too much direct sunlight, so it doesn't get as hot as many other small pools in Bangkok do. The sauna is small but hot enough and the gym room was fine.

The location is relatively quiet, also a plus, yet close to transport and the action of Silom.

All up this place is good value, has professional yet friendly staff and has a lot going for it. It is not 5 star, so don't expect that, but it is reasonable and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2009