All reviewschong nonsi bts stationpremier roomquiet arealarge fridgeironing boardgood sizeshower curtainsmall gymminute walkbigger roomnight markettour deskwalking distanceswimming poolstar hotelnon smoking roomthe main road
Reviewed March 22, 2014

A while ago I stayed at this hotel and thought it was good value for money and I still have the same opinion.
The AC is still making a lot of noise also in my new room. Maybe it´s due to the construction.

It´s nice to be in the middle of Bangkok with walking distance to many things. BTS station is just a couple of minutes away.

Unfortunately the internet is not fully stable. That is not ok in the year 2014 when most people use a lot of internet related equipment like phones and computers.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2014

1) Staff is a little cold at reception. But overall ok.
housekeeping did react very promptly to my request for extra pillows (which is always so essential to me in hotel stay)
2) Breakfast is not bad for a 100 plus room hotel. Only unfortunate was they did not replenish many of the choices as the hotel occupancy rate was probably low at this period in Bangkok (due to the political riots)
3) Read somewhere (cannot remember where) that this is a gay friendly hotel. Indeed I notice there are visible gay couples living in the hotels. Reckon there are some good attractions nearby for gay tourists. I am not bothered with this at all which I think it should not bother anyone else too.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The FuramaXclusive was a comfortable place to stay to start off our Southeast Asia trip. The hotel is close to all public transportation (very easy to get around). Our room was comfortable and clean. The food was good as we were there only for breakfast. The staff was very helpful and had great communication skills. We were not far from the areas of unrest but did not impact our stay.

Room Tip: Our room was 603. It was smoke free and comfortable. Air conditioning was great.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2014

All the hotels we stayed in across our two weeks in Thailand were great, but Furamaxclusive was my favourite. A huge king size bed filled the room with far more floor space than we would need for just one night.

The bathroom was huge, with a large walk-in shower, and the room of course included the two key essentials – mini fridge and air-con. These became out best friends as we realised adjusting from freezing London to sizzling Bangkok wasn't going to be as simple as we thought.

Great location - close to the Sky Train with links to the Metro. Close to restaurants - particularly recommend 'The Foodie', a one minute walk from the hotel. We actually didn't make it in time for breakfast (a tad hungover...) but the buffet lunch was delicious.

To view my full review of Bangkok including photos and what to get up to, please visit my blog post here: http://lorileysesh.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/thailand-part-1-bangkok.html

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Good: 24 hour staff. Good safe area. Staff was helpful with maps, directions, guidance, etc. Close to some restaurants. Close to the BTS. Clean sheets and towels. Sort of buy itself, but somewhat close to bars and restaurants and Patong night market... roughly 10-15 minute walk. Note: Bar area being Gay area and Japanese Adult entertainment.

Bad: Somewhat outdated... probably early 90s. No view. Needs remodeling. I got a super stinky room which reeked of smoke... smelt it instantly. :( AC didn't work too well. Shower not made correctly so leaked into floor ALOT even with shower curtain closed... bathroom mat soaked. I asked for a big bed but got two beds stuck together. In bathroom box with complimentary travel goods/toilletries, ie comb, tooth brush, was wet and so were all the contents. WIFI was spotty.

Room Tip: Get non-smoking room. I think I was in room 403.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo