I have stayed at Royal Ivory a few times and found the staff to be very pleasant and polite, the location is great, in the middle of everything with close proximity to BTS. you are along Soi4 far enough to be quiet and peaceful.
the maintenance on the rooms seems to have been forgotten a little, with the TV cabinets and chairs looking a little the worse for wear but the rooms are still kept very clean and the beds are large and comfortable.
the biggest complaint from most people who stay there is the terrible WIFI. it is near impossible to get Wi-Fi in your room so you are left with no option but to sit in the open foyer downstairs subject to the elements and totally lacking in privacy with no air-conditioning. while there on many occasions I have heard clients complain about the Wi-Fi and the poor staff are not in a position to offer a solution as the owners refuse to upgrade the system, so if you hope to conduct any business over the internet while there, think again and choose another hotel.
the staff in the businesses downstairs are great very friendly and a pleasure to deal with.
I hope the owners read this and lift their game on the issue of Wi-Fi and basic maintenance because other than these issues the hotel is quite good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located walking distance to Bangkok’s Central Business District of shopping malls, office buildings, dining and entertainment outlets. Royal Ivory Bangkok also offers a free shuttle service to Nana Skytrain station, Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre and Benjakit Park. Royal Ivory offers three types of rooms; Superior, Deluxe and a Presidential Suite. Rooms are contemporary in design with tea and coffee making facilities, satellite and cable TV, internet connection, a kitchenette (deluxe only) and more. The Presidential Suite has two bedrooms, a lounge with Plasma TV, dining area for 6 and more. Other facilities of the hotel include a swimming pool and a restaurant where you can enjoy a delicious meal, play a game of pool or watch a football match on the wall-mounted TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Ivory Sukhumvit Nana By Compass Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Ivory Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Royal Ivory Hotel Bangkok