Rambuttri Village Inn & Plaza
Ranked #278 of 890 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We booked this hotel to start off our trip in Asia and I can recommend it. The location is very good, far enough from Kho San Road so you won't get disturbed by the noise but close enough to go out there and have fun. Lots of food and souvenir stalls. The further you walk away from the hotel (to the right in stead of the left where KSR is) the cheaper food/drinks/laundry get so make sure to wander down there as well. We stayed in a double room which was fine, and upgraded to a Deluxe the next time which was indeed more luxurious and worth the money.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anna V
Write a ReviewReviews (3,983)

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Have been travelling through Asia for the past 10 years , this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in .left the hotel 30 minuted ago, Extremely rude staff , filthy room (vomit up the door way from previous guest) I cannot understand some reviews on tripadviser are they blind. Rooms are so noisy you can here everything, people yelling and doors slamming through the night . Left to stay somewhere clean , lost all our money . Worst ever hotel if you could call it that

• Stayed: June 2014
8  Thank buzzaround
Reviewed June 12, 2014

When staying in Bangkok you can often wander into a maze of confusion, with cheap quality, dirty hotels the norm and overprized, over rated hotels the only alternative.

With exception of this place. Located 3 or 4 minutes walk from Kho San road, the location is perect. At the prices paid, the cost is affordable.

The rooftop pool is a wonderful benefit.

The perfect way to book end a trip to thailand

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel before and was very happy with it, however this time they made me very upset. I booked a room for 2 nights and then made another booking for another 3 nights and accidentally 2 of the nights overlapped. For this mistake they charged me 850 baht. I love this hotel, however I would not stay here again for this money grabbing act that has let down the hotel and it's staff who were not apologetic in the slightest

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are basic and accommodating with a bed, window, desk and wet room which is all you need.
The staff are the rudest staff I have ever come across which is very unlike Thai staff in hotels. Completely unprofessional and didn't believe me that when I moved rooms THEY lost a form during the process and then charged me to photocopy my passport!
I did not come across one member of staff thaf was nice or pleasant to talk to. I feel sorry for the rooms to be under such bad staffing, as really they are absolutely fine to stay in.
If you're a non-smoker, like I am, you need to be aware that this a smoking hotel and if you want your room to smell like a chimney at all times, then stay here.
I was shown to one room and someone clearly had been smoking in it previously and I told the guy (only male at reception) it was smokey and he said "No, not smokey" yet it clearly was. I complained to reception and said it is too smokey for someone with asthma and they said they would clean the room- no air freshener would get rid of that smell. I complained once again and they moved me to another room which wasn't smokey from the inside but the smell was coming in from the hallway. Eventually during my stay I learnt to shut the bathroom door and only the bathroom will smell of cigarettes rather than your bed and clothes.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and I'm someome who writes faur reviews but the staff need to take some courses in customer care before they shout at clients and expect the hotel to keep being popular.

If you're a smoker this hotel is for you but one would hope that there would be areas in the building where it is non-smoking so you didn't have to breathe in second hand smoke all the time.

Just down the road is Chillax resort a 4* hotel I would recommend a million times that although pricier than here, is totally worth your money. I stayed here with a friend because I didn't want to stay at Rambuttri and even left a day early from the hotel because I couldn't wait to leave.

Pros of the hotel are good location to restaurants but the best restaurants and cafes are located around Chillax such as Snack Bar, Wunderbar, Ricky's, Cozy House and Joke (something) which does the best ThaI food you'll come across.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Sythey
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Great place to stay if you are looking for cheap accommodation. Don't expect too much, you get what you pay for. Rooms are tidy and it's close to Kao San Road and all the mayor tourist attractions (Wat Pho, Grand Palace and Wat Arun).

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2014

If you want an adventure trip and you dont wanna pay much for stay the night, this is your place. Cheap and funny. Have a lot of people like you, adventurers, great food in the restaurant nearest the hotel. And one of the best streets in Bangkok is in front of the hostel!!! Kah Shan Road!!!! For us is the best place to stay in BKK, but if you want luxury maybe not is your hostel!!!

Room Tip: If You can take the double room, its cheaper than the others.