“A lesson in manners to the reception staff wouldn't go amiss”

Rambuttri Village Inn & Plaza
Ranked #280 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The hotel was convenient, well priced, nice clean rooms.
However the reception staff need to learn some manners.
About 5 of them mingled and chatted and did whatever, completely ignoring me; the only person waiting to check in.
For this very reason I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Good location near Kho San Road, easy access to all interesting places in Bangkok. Free WiFi access, clean room and nice swimming pool at the roof of the hotel. Only the staff is rather unfriendly and unhelpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have stayed at the Rambuttri twice in Feb 2014 as it was recommended by a friend. The rooms are clean and cheap and I didn't have any problems. Nice pool, good buffet breakfast and is in a good central location. The construction work in front of the hotel had started as I left, and was noisy but I couldn't hear it from my room.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in! Nothing like in the pictures, and to top it off there was construction going on outside the room from 6:30 am! Just checked out don't want anyone to fall in to same trap, so wrote this as quickly as I could, book at your peril!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dannycoates1975
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We are leaving today and I just noticed that someone has stolen all my money. We tried to talk to the people in the front desk, but they where just rude and didn't put any big effort to help us. They also got frustrated when we stood up for ourselves. And it's really obviously that someone has been in our room, even thou we didn't wanted it cleaned, bc our things weren't where they supposed to be! Do yourself a favor and find another place to stay! There are other hotels with the same good location!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Liiiiinnn
Reviewed March 4, 2014

a reasonable "Thai" hotel. BUT, use cash only direct at reception. DO NOT use a credit card at reception.
this was the only place in Thailand and Cambodia I used my Visa directly and where someone had access to the three "security numbers" on the back. after using my Visa at this hotel, my account was compromised and illicit charges were made and attempted!
caution.....VERY noisy construction next door!

Room Tip: rooms facing the construction site are inundated with very loud noise starting at 8:00 AM!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was very accommodating especially after our long travel by giving us our room a little early to crash. Pool is fantastic to cool off after a day in Bangkok. Very well situated if you want the hustle of khao San road but quiet enough to step out of the noise if you want to.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple