“Very Good Valuefor money”

Dynasty Grande Hotel
Ranked #265 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
Chandigarh, Chandigarh, India
“Very Good Valuefor money”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The hotel is is a great location, very close to restaurants and BTS Nana skytrain station.
The gym is big and well equipped, room service was quick and efficient.
7/11 shop just at the entrance was very convenient, rooms are spacious and very clean.
I

Room Tip: Choose the pool facing room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I don't think you will get much better for the price in Bangkok, The rooms are well presented and nicely furnished and the service is pretty good, It is also located in a good position as it is in a Quiet street but is only a 3 minute walk from the Sukhumvit road and Nana station. There are lot's of good bars and restaurant's within easy walking distance.
For the best deals go to there own website.

Room Tip: There all good so only depends on what you want to spend
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have stayed several times in this hotel. The location in Soi 6 is excellent, Nana skytrain station ab 200 m and Sukhumvith too.

Hotel has 2 buildings, so remember where your room is. Rooms are big and expecially bathroom with separete shower and bathtub. Rooms are well eqipped and have free wifi too.

Breakfast is not included price and might be a little bit overpriced. In the nearhood there are places for breakfast.

Swimming pool is small but nice and you can get sun shine too.

Staff is nice and ready to help

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Dynasty Grande was the first hotel I stayed at in Bangkok and holds many pleasant memories for me. That was back in 2005. It used to be good value for a nice comfortable, friendly hotel well placed for the Buzz of Bangkok. It had nice little touches like a glass of fruit juice brought to you at reception on arrival and a bell boy to take your cases to your room. Not anymore. I would stay a week and if the hotel wasn’t full I could negotiate a discount. Not anymore. Back then the price included a breakfast. Not anymore.

They have the once impressive reception area. This has now been considerably reduced in size and put collection of shops in the car park. The whole place looks hemmed in now. And has lost the little Grandness it once had.

The rooms are pleasant enough having recently hand a much needed lick of paint applied and a flat screen tele installed. However, this doesn’t disguise the fact that the fabric of the building is starting to look old and tired. This is most noticeable in the bathrooms. The beds and bed linen are definitely in need for some attention. I bet I slept on the same bed under the same now paper thin sheets I was given seven years ago.

One point I miss is the Cat5 internet point in the room. This way of immense value to me to plug my VoIP phone in. That also gone. Just the usual browser login WiFi now.

This last time I stayed was with my wife and daughter. They charged us 500 baht (over £11 at the time of writing) for a not very enticing child bed and no extra towels.

There are worst places to stay but as I now consider this place to have lost its sparkle and too many things chipping away at the value for money and what used to be a pleasant experience. That will my last stay the Dynasty Grande. I have also recommended it to many friends over the years and had good feedback. But I cannot recommend it anymore. There are other much nicer and better value for money hotels within a few hundred meters of this place.

Farewell old friend

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Martyn B
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have stayed at the Dynasty Grande twice over the past couple of years. I find the rates reasonable, the hotel quiet, and the rooms very clean. I booked my last stay on their website and pre-paid which should have afforded me a 12% discount after my first night's stay for each additional night. When I checked out I paid for the extra charges and then realized I had been charged for the 12% discount that I had been credited when I pre-paid. I could not resolve the issue with the staff at the time. I returned in a week and spoke with the duty manager who acknowledged that I had been overcharged but she did not have the authority to refund my money. I would have to return after the hotel manager returned from holiday the following week. I returned the following week and spoke with the manager, Tassanee Chantarat, who advised me I would have a credit on my credit card within 5 days. That was February 18th and my card still has not been credited.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Keith B
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I recently stayed at the Dynasty with my husband,for 1 night, prior to flying back to the U.K.
We have stayed a couple of times previously, but not for a few years - the hotel was as comfortable as I remembered.
The deluxe room was attractive, clean and the bathroom was excellent, with a good walk in shower and a bath.
The pool was clean with plenty of sunbeds, although the area tends to be quite shaded, but nice for an hour or so's relaxation after shopping ( pool towels are available at the pool side).
We booked directly with the hotel and had breakfast included in the rate - if you are expecting a buffet breakfast, as in most hotels, you will be disappointed. You only have a few choices and it is served to you - It suited us, as having spent several weeks travelling in thailand, we were glad to order bacon and eggs - this came with some small potatoes, which were not to my taste, toast, marmalade and tea or coffee, which you could have refilled.There was also supposed to be fruit, which did not materialise ( we did not chase this up, as neither of us felt like eating it)
As has been stated in previous reviews, the Dynasty is in a good position for getting around Bangkok.
The reception staff were very helpful and printed our boarding cards for us - we were also able to arrange a late check out at 18.00, for a charge of 1,240 bht.
I was not disappointed in returning to the Dynasty, and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Request a room in the first building, overlooking the pool, or the road
1 Thank Lynn2508
Bristol UK
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We only stayed one night on a return trip. The room was located on the 3rd floor. Decor was fine, clean and good size room good shower with seperate bath. Check in and check out was quick and the staff were very polite. Location is good not far from the sky train and lots of bars and places to eat. would consider staying here again