“Far from the madding crowd - in Bangkok!”

Baipai Thai Cooking School
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Baipai Thai Cooking School Class in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: A Unique Thai Cooking School in Bangkok. If you keen on learning new experience, love cooking or finding fun activity to do and enjoy eating your good Thai Food. Baipai is offering you the cooking experiences.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed July 24, 2012

As a first-time cooking class attendee I wasn't too sure what to expect, but this was a great experience for my entire family. The instruction was most entertaining, and I picked up quite a few pointers about Thai cooking. But the hero of the afternoon was the location. While you start to wonder where you are going to end up as the bus winds through increasingly narrow suburban streets, the journey is worth it. The villa and surrounding gardens are beautiful, and provide a relaxing backdrop to tasting your own cooking. If you are planning an afternoon session, plan for a late dinner afterwards!

All reviews
"making coconut"
"fun cooking"
"fridge magnets"
in 5 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
in 12 reviews
in 10 reviews
"morning session"
"private class"

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Other people have written about the course, which we also thoroughly enjoyed. We were collected from our <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">hotel</a> the central part of Bangkok and I found it really interesting to be driven to what seemed to be a suburb of Bangkok, down narrow winding roads until we arrived at the very pretty building where the classes were held. I felt we saw a bit more of the real Bangkok than we otherwise would have.
The classes were great and I loved that they followed up once we were by emailing some more photos they took.
I highly recommend this as a real taste of Thailand in more ways than one.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

This was our first time trying a cooking class and couldnt have had more fun. They picked us up/dropped us off from our hotel which was nice and easy.

Nice small group, with a hilarious double act of Head Chef and her assistant leading the class that wouldnt have been out of place on morning television.

Good mix of food to learn to cook, from spring rolls, a curry, nice salad.

My wife is a vegetarian and we had let them know in advance, so they ensured she had plenty of substitute veggie ingredients.

The class is set in lovely ground, with a very modern and clean cooking area. They took some great photos of us throughout the class and emailed them through after.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is a very popular cooking school in Bangkok. I tried to book for it at least a month before the course and was told that the day I wanted was full and was placed on the waiting list. Fortunately there was a cancellation and was able to jump in.

So we went for the Saturday morning class and was picked up at 8:30am at our hotel, arrived at the school and saw this beautiful garden with herbs and vegetables. We were served with a cooling lemongrass tea immediately.

The class began promptly after everyone arrived and started a tour around the garden and was introduced some of the commonly used herbs in Thai food. Everybody had their own stations and was given a glass of iced water throughout the class.

The demonstrations were quite clear and I had no problem following the instructions. We even cooked our own lunch!

The only little complaint I would have is that everything was pre-cut and didn't take part too much, but I guess the focus was on the cooking technique and it was more of an introduction to thai cooking.

I would recommend this class to you if you are keen on Thai food and cooking.