Four Sons House
$117
$465
$77
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 25, 2010

Stayed in this place for a total of 2 weeks, had a very enjoyable time, very clean, stayed in 3 different rooms in total and all were okay and clean. The AC doesnt exactly work all the time so you wake up hungerover feeling like your going to die in the Bangkok heat, but overall it is good. The internet is cheap as well, with the best AC in Bangkok in that room! HOWEVER, unless you keep money hidden or locked very very well (no safes in our rooms), your money will get stolen. 50 baht i dont mind really to begin with, but at the very end of our time a lot of money went mysteriously missing, in total me and 2 friends had over £60 (3000 baht) stolen! Thats the not the end of our troubles, a day after we left we arrived in Cairns, Australia I found that my card details had been cloned and that they had stolen all the money I had on the card £350 (16593 baht!) from the account. To sum up, nice place, not so nice thieving staff. Oh and a little tip, carry more than 1 card on your travels, dont be an idiot like i was!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank browniecb
Reviewed October 28, 2010

The most unplesent hotel experience in Thailand ever.

The manager, and staff were rude and arrogant.

The receptionist lost my key in the reception, and when we tried to view the videorecordings of the reception area the film suddenly froze. The took my deposit, and refused to aknowledge any responsibility.

They gave me an extra key but there was no electricity.

I spoke with the staff at other guesthouses at Khao san Road, and they told me that they had heard similar stories from other backpackers about 4 sons place.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 5, 2010

i stayed for 25 days from sept 2 to sept 27th the small room cost me 300 baht a night.it had AC And a good shower with plenty of water pressure.the bed was good and the tv had 4 or 5 chanels and 3 in english the surrounding area is full of restaraunts and food stalls so you can eat relatively cheap and you can also eat in more upscale restauraunts.to me the food in thailand is just average not impressed with it.you will be hassled by the tuk tuk scammers and the indian factions lurin you into there crappy suit shops they may try to talk to you and even offer there hand for you to shake,but the suits are crappy thats why they are so cheap.the weather was really nice there it stayed partly cloudy and rained 5 or 6 of the days i was there to at least cool dow,.there are a lot of good massage places nearby the give facial's and manicures and pedicures also.if you need to go to nana plaza for the girls or ladyboys you need to take a cab over there and it should run you about 90 baht make sure the cab driver uses his meter if he does not just get out.because he will try to charge you 200 or more baht for the 90 baht trip and vice versa on the way back to your guesthouse.i might advise on your way back from nana plaza to give the cab driver the hotel business card for directions just in case he attempts to drop you off near khao san road.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 17, 2010

This is the worst place to stay in all of Bangkok. Worst service I have ever received. I am travling with 2 other friends. After they showed us a nice clean room we went down to pay for ours. All of us got our own room for 550 we threw our bags in the rooms witch smelled like cigs... Then headed out for the day. Two hours later when we came back it looked like a bug farm had hatched in each room. We told management that we would like a refund for at least one room they said no... would not let us call the real management instead connected us with a rude manager who ended up hanging up on us. We found other people to take our rooms (offering them half the total cost) then the staff (Ladyboy) told us the rooms were not transferable. Trying to get our deposite back (500) the Ladyboy grabbed the key out of my hand and scratched me with his fingernails. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2010

What I liked about this hotel was the location, which is at the corner of Khao Sarn Rd. It’s situated away from the bedlam starting from Soi Rambutree onwards.
It’s not so much of a guest house, but more like a budget, no frills hotel .
Clean and sparsely furnished, which is pretty normal for hotels in the area.AC wasn’t that great and it’s best to get a room with a window, for better ventilation and views, if you like, as it’s facing the inner roads. You could see all the activity going on pretty much.

Service wasn’t that great either. When checking in, we experienced an argument between the male reception and an Italian group of backpackers. Argument was heated and I felt that it wasn’t appropriate to have it there, when others are checking in. It wasn't very impressionable.

As per a few reviews by fellow travelers, yes, the mood shifts when the shift changes. Some staff are plain rude and bark at you, when they don’t understand what you are relaying to them, whilst another batch will pleasantly surprise you with their warmth and all the conforming of your needs.

This might come as irrelevant, but, the only good memory I had of that hotel, was the “pad-thai “push cart parked in front of it. It was the tastiest and cheapest Pad Thai’s in the whole of Bangkok and it didn’t give my sensitive tummy any qualms.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends