Babylon Bangkok
$162
$146
$462
  • Pool
All reviewsgarden suitegay hotelbarracks roomthe penthousesauna facilitiescommunal showersbreakfast tablespa areashared bathroomlarge poolcleaning staffstandard roomtuk tukbulgarisilombahtluxury
Reviewed December 12, 2008

As another reviewer did, we also requested the car service from the airport to the hotel, but ours did not show up. No matter, we found a taxi with no trouble for 600 baht which we were told was cheaper than the private car service. Once at the property, the staff was cheerful and welcoming. Though not quite as fluent in english as I would have liked, we were able to get what we needed with no problems. We stayed in one of the garden suites which I would highly recommend. They're behind the main building across from a small parking lot and offer the most privacy in the place while still being able to converse with other visitors as there are 4 garden suites. There is a shared living area and outdoor patio garden that serves the 4 rooms. The housekeeper was there before 7am every morning to make sure we had hot water for coffee or tea, and some cookies. The room itself was relatively spacious and immaculate. Beds are quite firm, but made up with very luxurious linens. There was a digital safe in the room, which unfortunately wasn't attached to anything. We put our meager valuables in there anyway and never felt there would be a problem, but for utmost security it's probably best to use the front desk safe for very valuable items. As for the main property, the breakfast was more than adequate providing several choices of eggs, toast, fruit, cereals, and soup. The spa area itself is extremely clean. Some areas are very cruisy, some not so much. The massages at around $10-$15 US are definitely a bargain and highly recommended. There are several dining options on-site, we were even able to order food at the front desk and have it delivered back to the room. All in all, I would highly recommend this property to any gay singles, or couples. Be sure to ask for a couple of their business cards. They have the directions to the hotel printed in Thai in case you get one of the many taxi drivers who don't speak much english. We carried these with us at all times, and they were invaluable.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2008

I can only comment on the basic rooms located top of the building.

It has very calm, peaceful, beach-resort-like feeling, even though it is in the middle of bangkok city. Beautiful View of trees everywhere. Very very clean 5-star quality bedsheets and mattress. No TV. How zen ! Has electronic safe.

Shared showers. And with beautiful view too.

I absolutely love it!

Not convenient to get around. It "may" be difficult to get taxi. I'd say, 30% of the time.

Can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank zzzxtreme
Reviewed September 13, 2008

Stayed at Babylon in March and was very impressed by its cleanliness.
Staff were very friendly and the food was more than acceptable
Plan to return next Feb/Mar for some sun and fun

Martin

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Crosby60
Reviewed August 12, 2008

I recently stayed at the Babylon Bed & Breakfast during a stopover for a few days in Bangkok, en route to Cambodia. I had first heard about the place after finding it listed in the reputable Time Out City Guide, which had described Babylon as “the world’s best gay sauna.” Curious, I visited their impressive and informative website, and made my reservation online, booking a standard room which, given the prices of many other hotels rooms these days, even in relatively inexpensive Bangkok, seemed quite a bargain. As I was arriving late at night, I was pleased to find that this small hotel even had a pick-up service that was waiting for me as I emerged from customs and immigration, looking somewhat tired and dazed. The wide smile that greeted me from the driver, not to mention the even warmer welcome that awaited me from the staff at the check-in desk upon arrival, all boded well for my stay. To be frank, I was somewhat surprised at the cleanliness and décor of the hotel. In my experience, many gay friendly hotels are often rather seedy affairs. Not only was my standard room more than comfortably furnished, I later took the trouble to check out some of the other rooms in the hotel and these took my breath away. They looked as if they belonged on the Asian version of Architectural Digest magazine. Next time I shall definitely book a room at one of the Botticelli Suites. Even the five star Peninsula and Ritz Carlton hotels would struggle to compete with this in terms of space, comfort, or design – and definitely price! As a seasoned traveler, I was truly impressed. The hotel tariff included a delicious breakfast each day, cooked and served by a very attentive staff. Overlooking the leafy suburbs of this upscale party of the city, and munching on my fresh muesli and either Western or Asian fare, I felt truly pampered. As if that was not enough, adjoining the hotel, is the main sauna and spa complex that provided enough distractions of a different kind, and offered free access, as part of the hotel package. With a swimming pool, several bars and restaurants, massage facilities, a fully equipped gym, sauna, and steam room, there was almost enough to see and do not even to leave the complex and venture out into the city. A tropical oasis, if you will, in this chaotic city! By the time my stay had come to end, I was truly sad to leave. I could not recommend the Babylon experience more highly. I shall be back soon!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
4  Thank AJ_Wiorld_Traveler
Reviewed July 22, 2008

It was my first time in Bangkok and at the Babylon so I splashed out and stayed in the Botticelli Suites. A dream world of sumptuous yet tasteful art deco colonial Thai interior decor complete with devoted maid service. The sauna and spa expereince (once I got past the breathtaking erotic and fantastical design) was the best I've ever known. I was so pleased that at last someone has decided to provide gay men with the best we deserve - place, style and ultimate expereince to have fun and absolute pleasure. Bravo Babylon - I'll be back.......

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business