“Something beautiful in Bangkok...”

Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia
Ranked #429 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
“Something beautiful in Bangkok...”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

At first, I was reluctant to go to bangkok to accompany my husband....but after surfing the Internet...then I come across this small beautiful hotel with so many great reviews........and I started to dig for more...and the more I read the more I fell in love with the Euginea even before going ......we stayed in 2 other hotel/b&b khlong house......and finally into the Eugenia......yes it does impress me.....the rooms, the food and the ambience..........the moment we enter the Euginea room....so many things that I love.....the details make me excited......the staff, Tul was very helpful.....but I would love if the staff can at least call us by our name.....just like any other luxury hotel we stayed for example the Danna in Langkawi......that's all of my sincere review......

Room Tip: Luv the breakfast......and room 202 is quieter than 201......
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MaiMini
Eugenia-HM, General Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear MaiMini,

You are greatly Thanked for your kind words, particularly “yes it does impress me.....the rooms, the food and the ambience”!

Kindly know, here in The Eugenia, the staff and I feel all our esteemed guests are our honored family and we desire to make your stay comfortable and special.

Thank you also for also for your suggestion about calling by name. WelCome again Khun (Thai term of respect) MaiMini and you will be called by name.

Please at all times feel you may e-mail me personally when you have any input, suggestions or ideas at: gm@theeugenia.com

Olga Kovshanova,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
Washington, DC
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great boutique hotel with lots of colonial character. The front desk staff tries very hard to be helpful and responsive; they assisted us with reservations, provided local recommendations, and made sure our cab drivers actually knew where they were going (though they did not succeed in fixing a broken safe or faulty shower-head during our three day stay.) Lovely pool and welcoming bar area. It's possible to order breakfast a la carte if not included with your room package, though the coffee is expensive and can add up. Alternately, there are a number of cafes within a 5-10 minute walk. Wifi is available but slow and somewhat spotty.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Eugenia-HM, General Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Natasha96,

You please us very much with your kind words about the staffs helpfulness and concern plus that The Eugenia is the Great boutique hotel with lots of colonial character —Thank You!

Also Thanks for your appreciation of The Eugenia’s lovely pool and welcoming bar area.

Please know that all the staff and I here feel like our esteemed guests are our family whom we desire to please.

Thank you for bringing to my attention the items which need mending. Welcome visit us again and you will see that all has been attended to!

Kindly at all times feel you may e-mail me personally when you have any input, suggestions or ideas at: gm@theeugenia.com

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had a great time at the Eugenia Bangkok due to staff flexibility. My daughter was too sick to
take the promotional tour included with our room and when the hotel manager found out we were given a complimentary ride around the city in the hotel's vintage car. My daughter was in heaven and I was impressed by the service and attentiveness to our needs. Besides this, the pool and rooms represent a unique oasis in this bustling city. The Eugenia with it's antique charm is located in an interesting part of town, good for boutique type shopping.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has a good AC unit.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Eugenia-HM, General Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear JohnDurant52,

You touch our hearts very much with your kind words about our staffs’ help—Thank You!

We are very Happified to learn that your daughter was in heaven and that you enjoyedThe Eugenia’s antique charm and proximity to boutique shopping.

Kindly know that I and my team are always trying to not only please but also increase service to our esteemed guests

Please always feel you may e-mail me personally when you have any input, suggestions or ideas at: gm@theeugenia.com

Big hellow to you daughter! Tell her when she gets you to bring her to visit us again here in The Eugenia I will try to arrange another ride in our vintage Mercedes Benz.

Burlington, Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I arrived at 7 a.m. after a 24 hour flight. My luggage was missing somewhere between Dusseldorf and Rome. Somewhat surprised when I arrived at the hotel as it isn't on the nicest of streets. Walked into the lobby and was very impressed. Feels like you're back in another era. The decor is eclectic. All of the staff is charming and go out of their way to cater to your needs. My room wasn't ready but they gave me access to another room to have a shower and a bit of a rest. The spa opened at 10 and a four hour treatment did a world of good at helping to get over jet lag. The complimentary breakfast was very good. I'd heartily recommend this hotel to people who want something different. Certainly not a Sheraton or a Hilton experience-----you can get that anywhere. Only thing to be aware of are the floors that can cause splinters if you're not careful

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank scollinson79
Eugenia-HM, General Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Scollinson79,

Your taking the time to post your words of praise for The Eugenia is greatly appreciated by my team and I who always feel that our guests are “Family” and we are honored by your visit and kind words—Thank You!

You being very impressed when you walked into our mansion and felt like you were transported into another era is exactly the kind of relaxation for which we strive. In addition, we are very happified that out spa treatment that helped you over your jet lag.

As the leader of the Eugenia team let me assure you we are very much dedicated to seeing that our valued Guests have all they want when staying with us in the greatest comfort!

United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Sadly what could be almost a perfect boutique hotel is fraying round the edges. The good news is that the staff are excellent, the food is good and value for money, the public areas are charming and there is a lovely courtyard with a swimming pool - sadly, overlooked by a block of flats but very pleasant as the sun starts to set. Our room could have been wonderful - full of period colonial ambience but now rather run down, poorly decorated, with lots of niggly things wrong including a/c which made you think you were sleeping beside a working jet engine!
Outside was a terrace with a broken lounger and not much else where we had to sit on our first night as the hotel was hosting a teenage party and we were told that there was nowhere else and by the way we couldn't have a meal either - not a good start.
Help may be at hand - the hotel has just appointed a new Manager who listened carefully to our comments and hopefully has enough about her to start sorting things out. So who knows ... it may turn into a new beginning.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank JandPEngland
Eugenia-HM, General Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear JandPEngland,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment and for your generous praise of our staff, food, public areas and lovely courtyard!

Yes, the good news is that we are initiating a program of improvements for all the small items you mentioned and hoping that you will soon again be our honored return guest to enjoy the remedies and our friendly Colonial Era Tranquility in the heart of Bangkok.

Please feel free to contract me directly by e-mail if you have and more sage suggestions or questions—your input is most welcome! gm@theeugenia.com

The entire Eugenia team and I are eager to please and are looking to serving you again soon!

Hudson, Quebec Canada
Reviewed March 17, 2013

6th time to Bangkok, so we decided to skip the big hotels and go "Boutique" A very enjoyable experience. 4 nights stay.This hotel is located in a more residential area, with upscale neighbourhood bars and restaurants within an easy stroll. But its still a bit of a walk down to Sukhumvit Rd. shopping & Sky train(20 minutes) and several times the taxi driver could not find it even with the instructions written in Thai! We stayed in the Eugenia suite, a very generous sized room. If your familiar with the company "Restauration Hardware" its just like their catalogue, but the real thing! You really get the feel of the old colonial days. A few negatives to mention. The holding clamp for the shower head was broken. When we reported this, the desk clerk shrugged and said just to take a bath! TV had limited channels, and the pool looked a bit dirty and unattended. Breakfast was great (Buttery Croissants & Eggs Benedict) and we had dinner one evening. A bit pricey, but worth every Baht.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Devon2325,

Thank you very much for your kind words about our Eugenia, particularly that it is real colonial with very generous sized room and that the food was great and worth every Baht.

Also, we appreciate your comments for improvement and action has been taken.

I and all our staff are always trying to make your visit feel like your comfortable home in The “City-o-Angles”. We hope that you will return soon and honor us with another visit.

Please, if you have any more comments or questions e-mail me personally at: gm@theeugenia.com

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights here and we simply love the place. Every nook and corner of the place is beautifully decorated and it just feels like home because it's so comfortable. It's about 20 mins walk to BTS but the good news is they provide free tuk-tuk ride. If all else fails, the butler will actually hail a cab for you. Service was superb and courteous with a smile.

Breakfast was amazing. You get to select based on the menu provided under different categories- healthy option, oriental etc. We chose egg benedicts, healthy oats, American breakfast and French toast with maple syrup during our stay. Every breakfast came with a set of fruits, yoghurt, croissant with butter and juice should you wish.

Room was spacious, four poster bed was comfortable and clean, came with welcome fruits, cookies and coke in the minibar. Nice touch.

The spa was good too! Another plus point.

A true colonial charm.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jan1ce_csh,

You are you very much thanked for your kind words complementing The Eugenia’s superb and courteous service with a smile and amazing breakfasts.

The staff and I are always trying to pleasurefy our guests (whom we feel as special “family”) to the utmost.

We are hoping that you will soon return to us like a long-time guest, and we will have the honor or serving you again!

Kindly contact me directly by e-mail if desire more communication or have questions—will always be happified hearing from you! gm@theeugenia.com

The entire Eugenia “family” team and I are eager to please and are looking forward to serving you and your friends again soon!