“Very special”

Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia
Ranked #455 of 884 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Recently attended an event here, which was my second chance to look inside (after meeting a friend who was staying here in the summer). This time I got to know more about the hotel and it is really is a great story and such an interesting place. It is a unique (one of a kind) hotel with lovely staff. I still haven't seen the guest rooms but I am sure they are good, as the public areas are all decorated wonderfully with interesting antique artefacts from around the world.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank BritBangkok
Eugenia-HM, Hotel Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear BritBangkok,

Indeed we have been having many weddings, birthday parties and corporate events at the Eugenia. We are happy to know that we have successfully managed to impress and satisfy both the organizers and the individual guests.

Thank you for your kind words towards our hotel, decorations, fixtures and service. My team is encouraged by your positive remarks and it will only drive us to perform better each day.

Should you ever need anything in the near future for events, to dine or to stay, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at hm@theeugenia.com . We look forward to having you over at our home in the near future!

The Eugenia

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Although only for 1 night, my experience at Eugenia was very good. As a fan of the Asian-colonial fusion style, the hotel's design really impressed me. The best way to describe is that it was like a grand mansion from the colonial era. The theme was supported by the staff's smart uniform, as well as the professional service. In addition to being professional, the staff made me feel welcome with their friendly smiles. I also loved the beautiful shaded area around the pool, as well as the fantastic dinner.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Mark B
Eugenia-HM, Hotel Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear Mark B,

Thank you for your kind review.

We are very happy to know that we managed to capture your heart with our colonial home despite it being 1 night only. We are most appreciative of your kind words towards our hotel, fixtures & fittings, food & beverage and service.

The team is encouraged with this review and we will continue to up our standards of excellence at The Eugenia.

We hope in the near future you will be able to stay with us longer than 1 night and we look forward to welcoming you back. Till then, all the best and take care.

The Eugenia

Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Eugenia is a gorgeous old colonial house and it really does make you feel like you are in a home away from home. I didn't even know there were hotels like this left in the developed cities of Asia! I loved my antique stuffed bedroom with huge 4-poster bed and the old copper bath - so much character.

I also very much enjoyed the restaurant - very quirky decor (i loved the stuffed peacock) - and with really fantastic french-influenced food. There were people waiting for tables when I was there, so I am guessing that this is quite popular with people living in Bangkok too.

The cherry on the cake here is the service. The welcome is so friendly and the manager came to chat with me at dinner to make sure I was having a good time and that all my needs were being met. The thing that made it all just that bit more special was that it felt that the staff really cared and they were not just doing it because they had to.

It is a sweaty 15-20 minute walk to the nearest sky train stop and the very swanky Emporium mall, but there are interesting shops in the area and it is quite fun just to wander around and see what is around there and the fabulous Oasis spa is only just around the corner (try the 4-hand massage). Taxi are pretty cheap though so it is no problem to get around - just make sure the cabs put the meter on.

The only downside for me was that the pool is very shady, so if you do want to do a bit of sunbathing, this is not the right place for that.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank LisaJane072
Eugenia-HM, Hotel Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear LisaJane072,

Thank you for writing such a fantastic review for our hotel.

Indeed I do remember you and it was a nice conversation that we had in the lounge. Again, it is such an encouragement to my whole team with your 5 star rating and comments on the product, restaurant, location and service.

I apologize on the comment made for our poolside. As we are a little oasis in the heart of Bangkok, we want to keep it as cool as possible with the natural coconut trees and palm trees. I do apologize that you were unable to get a full sun tan.

None the less, it was a pleasure to have you at our colonial home. Should there be any opportunity to stay again in the near future, please let me know!

We look forward to welcoming you with open arms! Till then, safe journey for your travelling!

JohnHans

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We love everything, old style Thai house with a comfortable bed makes us feel like home, nice decoration, very good service, quiet place but convenience because it's only takes less than 5 minutes to get to the Skytrain which you can get to big shopping area like 5minutes toTerminal21,5minutes to Sukhumvit Area(all kind of restaurants and nightlife), 15minutes to Siam Paragon so we probably coming back again for our next trip to Bangkok.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Eugenia-HM, Hotel Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear Noel M,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review and giving us perfect scores.

Together with my team, we are so encouraged by your notes on our location, product and service.
Indeed, our colonial home is strategically nestled in the heart of Bangkok.

We cannot be happier to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and would like to come back. Our home is always open for you and cannot wait to welcome you back.

Should there be anything at all, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Till the next time we see you, all the best!

JohnHans

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I can't express just how fabulous this hotel is, a real find! I stayed over my birthday and they brought up champagne and a wee cake! The pool area is stunning and the staff are very friendly. The cocktails and food are super too and I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Eugenia-HM, Hotel Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear Jane P,

Thank you for your lovely review!

We are so thankful that we were able to be apart of your memories for your birthday this year.
It is a joy to know that you liked our hotel, service and food.

I have passed on your comments to all the staff to further encourage them.

Once again, we thank you for choosing us and we look forward to having you back again!
And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONCE AGAIN FROM US AT THE EUGENIA!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

As soon as you step in this mansion, you get the sudden chill down your spine, it like stepping back in time of the olden generation of Thai cultures, when servants and maids were commonly used amongst the Thais. This sophisticated hotel will provide you with the knowledge of the old times in Thailand and if you do not believe in ghosts 1 night will tell you a story, I have heard creeks and steps walking around at night, some other guests would say their is a child standing by the pool where they built a veranda around. But don't let this place creep you out, it an amazing hype feeling to be staying here! Enjoy yourselves first timers you will get the most surprise of your life.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank kcwickii

Dear kcwickii,

Thank you for your feedback.

We indeed want to transport anyone back in time to the era of the olden generation and colonial times the moment the person walks through our door. I am happy to know our decor and theme is successful.

We do try our best to stay true to its original theme and that includes having antique fixtures and fittings. I must clarify that our floors indeed creaks on each step due to the original teak wood flooring imitating the olden generation of colonial wooden homes.

I am not too sure where you got your story of the child and veranda, but none the less, it brings me great pleasure to inform you that there has not been any sightings of a child except for physical ones that is brought in by physical parents.

Apart from that, we are happy that you had a great time at The Eugenia and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back! Till then, have many more great escapes!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

As soon you step inside your trip back in the past start !!!! All of you, that like 5 star modern, marble, huge hotel better don't go to Eugenia. The exclusivity of they 12 room (one different from the other), the amazing design of the restaurant and the incomparable service of the Staff make your stay a unique experience. Morning breakfast with freshly backed bread, home made jam and a selection European and Asian style dishes is served directly at your table with out fight for the last pancake as some time happen in a buffet breakfast. Concierge was able to help us in any request and a tuk tuk can bring you to the sky train in 2 minute (Free Of Charge). So prepare your Panama Hat and book !!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gibbon68
Eugenia-HM, Hotel Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Dear Gibbon68,

I am happy to know our deliberate actions to transport you back into colonial times worked! On behalf of my team, we are delighted to know that you enjoyed the decoration, theme, food, breakfast and service.

It is a spirit booster to my whole team to receive such feedback. I have encouraged the chef and his team to keep up the good work especially in breakfast as we all know it is the most important meal of the day. We will continue to assist and help in whatever way that we can to enhance our guest experience.

We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our home in the near future.
Till then, take care and we all wish you the best!