“hotel eugenia”

Ranked #426 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“hotel eugenia”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I had heard about the Eugenia Hotel and was happy the opportunity of a business trip to Bangkok allowed me to stay there. To begin with I like the name, as it evokes a bygone era of elegance and discretion.The Eugenia, while being in one of the busier parts of the capital, is a charming house located on a relatively quiet and leafy road. It is like entering an oasis of calm away from the hustle and bustle of a big city and is small enough to feel as if you are entering a friend's home enhanced by the wonderfully eclectic décor and collection of bric a brac.

The staff are welcoming and friendly and were very efficient at sorting out a small glitch in the shower the night I stayed there. The service is friendly and discreet.

I could easily imagine spending a few days here as it has none of the anonymity of a large hotel. A most enjoyable experience.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Karina Z
Eugenia-HM, Hotel Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear Karina Z,

What a lovely and detailed feedback you have given despite it being brief. You have managed to sum up your experience in such a wonderful way.

My team and I are certainly grateful for it. I encouraged them this morning with your review and will continue to strive to provide a memorable service to all our guest.

Karina, it was our pleasure to have had you here and we look forward to serve you again. I hope in the near future we will be able to convert from 4 stars to 5 stars in your review!

Till then, be safe in your frequent travels and all the best in your work.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
Noosaville, Australia
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at The Eugenia on a long trip back to Australia after 5 weeks in Europe. The staff made our few days so relaxing and beautiful. One thing that stood out was: Some friends called by early the morning after our arrival - until we were ready to come down The Eugenia's staff showed them to the pool area, served them tea and made them comfortable. Lovely. Such an interesting place with many personal antiques as decoration, and we would definitely recommend it, and long to visit again.

Room Tip: Our room was at top of a couple of flights of stairs - OK for us but maybe not for elderly. Loved th...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JULIEH752
Eugenia-HM, Hotel Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear JULIEH752,

What a lovely feedback you have given to my staff and I.

Thank you for the encouragement to keep us going to provide the highest quality of service that we continuously strive for each day. I have passed on this comment to my F&B team and rewarded them accordingly for their efforts.

I am very happy to hear that we have left lasting impression on your memories and look forward to welcoming you back when possible. We will certainly strive to improve day to day.

Till then, take care and all the best with your endeavors.

Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I'd like to thank you first for welcoming us so warmly.
Everything was just like a fantasy in our memory including your thoughtful services.
It was even more than we had expected by looking on the Internet.
Somewhat more was their in your place that i cannot exactly describe but it surely stimulated our own fairytails.
I'd definately like to introduce The Eugenia to the people who can find your value.
Please do maintain the atmosphere as now so anyone can feel what I have felt whenever they visit.
Again, thank you very much for everything.

J

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 17_1217
Eugenia-HM, Hotel Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear 17_1217,

We thank you for being a part of The Eugenia family ! It was a pleasure to have you and your partner in our little oasis for a short getaway.

We are proud to know that we have sketched beautiful memories in both your lives and have impacted you well. I thank you on behalf of the whole hotel for the kind words towards The Eugenia.

We are most appreciative of your kind gesture to spread The Eugenia to your friends and family and we cannot thank you enough.

Once again, it was our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to having you again in the near future at The Eugenia Hotel.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed August 29, 2012

A unique experience in a unique hotel. Quite a small hotel with a homely / family atmosphere. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The room was nicely decorated with antique furniture and was nothing like a standard hotel room, like you see in most 5-star hotels. I would recommend a stay at Eugenia for anyone who likes their hotels to have most class and character.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Eugenia-HM, Hotel Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear kit-kat-girl,

We love your feedback. We appreciate it tremendously.

At the Eugenia, we give it our best to make it a home away from home for all our guest. Indeed our hotel is unique with the architecture, fixtures and fittings of post colonial style. It is a delight to know you liked it.

Also, I am very happy and satisfied to know you are happy with the service of my team. I have passed on the good work to them for further encouragement.

Once again, The Eugenia hopes to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My fave hotel in whole South-Eastern Asia. Beautiful colonial house (although Thailand has never been colonised:) and the unbelievable feeling some noble man like Mr. Darwin or Mr.Kipling has just left the building. Copper bathtubes, 4-poled beds, cute little tea room/breakfast hall.
If you ask the stuff they will show you the shortcut to the river shuttle boat stop (when we've discovered it our bangkok live became much more easier - like, Jim Thompson House is only few stops away and you don't need to spend time in traffic jams).
The whole area is very nice too: green and quiet and the prime minister lives next door.
If you won't stay in Eugenia, come for high tea/dinner/lunch to experience this fairy-tale place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarushaMarusha
Eugenia-HM, Hotel Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear MarushaMarusha,

We are most delighted to have made it number 1 in your favourite hotel for the whole South-East Asia. It is truly an honor for the whole team and myself.

We thank you for the kind words that you have ushered towards our location,surroundings and service. I have encouraged my team with your kind words to keep up their good work in assisting our valued guest as much as we can.

Indeed, our signature afternoon tea sets are a delight and must have. We are happy that you have mentioned that. We hope to be able to convert many more like yourself to be Eugenia fans.

Once again, we hope that we will be able to serve you in the near future. The Eugenia is happy to be your home away from home.

Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We have just returned from Bangkok and I cannot stop thinking of the every great element I have encountered in Eugenia Hotel.
When I first step into the hotel, the greeting from the staff and the atmosphere give me a total different feeling to many other hotels and resorts I have tried all over the world. The decoration and atmosphere there are classic and heartwarming. And after I start appreaciating the furniture of the room, John, the hotel manager and his nice team knocked my door, offering a big surprise including a bundle of flower, cake and cocktail for celebrating the anniversary day of us! I have requested before but honestly I did not expect the picture of the final version. This shows how tail-made the service which eugenia provides.

The foods including dinner and breakfast are fantastic too, both the quality and quantity. I feel sad that I did not have a chance to try the afternoon tea there.

The Spa and Tour they offer together made our journey a very special and fruitful one.

As they have thought and prepared various elements for a tourist, including foods, Relax, Spa, Tour, etc, I here strongly recommend this hotel to everyone who wants a set of special and valuable travel experience.

Thank you one more time, John and every staff in Eugenia!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kingston K
Eugenia-HM, Hotel Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear Kingston K,

We cannot thank you enough for such a beautiful feedback from you.

The entire team of Eugenia thoroughly enjoyed themselves making this stay in our hotel memorable for both your wife and you. I have passed on these comments to the entire team for future encouragement to continue providing these very true essence of hospitality ; from the heart.

Kingston K, we wish the very best to the both of you and may you continue to enrich the lives of each other as you have did with us at The Eugenia. We thank you for a friendship forged here and our doors are always open to welcome you back.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you ever come to Bangkok again. We look forward to hosting and serving you once again. Take care and all the best.

St. Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We have just returned from Bangkok, where we spent 4 nights in the Eugenia. We were delighted by every aspect of this charming and peaceful hotel, full of period furniture, fittings and decoration. there are , mo doubt, many hotels in Bangkok which will provide multi-storied steel and plastic. The Eugenia provides none of these. It is a deliberately retro haven of peace and charm. The bedrooms and bathrooms were magnificent, the food and service excellent and the care and helpfulness of the staff was outstanding. We all, including our 2 teenagers (who might have been expected to prefer something more glossy) , loved it and highly recommend it.

One small bleat; the coffee should be hotter ; but that was a trivial fault in a memorable stay. Jo and Jeffrey Burke, Hertfordshire, England.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear jeffreyburke,

What an absolute suprise and privillege it is to receive such a positive feedback from you.

Your family was a delight to have over at The Eugenia and I am happy to know the product and services were up to your standards. I have taken note of the coffee and have passed this comment to the F&B team.

I enjoyed the company of both your wife and yourself and it was indeed a lovely chat. We should have more of that in the near future if time permits. Please do not hesitate to contact me at hm@theeugenia.com should you come to Bangkok again.

Till then, take care and send our well wishes to your entire family.