“More than expected” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #409 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
“More than expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I'd like to thank you first for welcoming us so warmly.
Everything was just like a fantasy in our memory including your thoughtful services.
It was even more than we had expected by looking on the Internet.
Somewhat more was their in your place that i cannot exactly describe but it surely stimulated our own fairytails.
I'd definately like to introduce The Eugenia to the people who can find your value.
Please do maintain the atmosphere as now so anyone can feel what I have felt whenever they visit.
Again, thank you very much for everything.

J

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 17_1217
Eugenia-HM, Hotel Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear 17_1217,

We thank you for being a part of The Eugenia family ! It was a pleasure to have you and your partner in our little oasis for a short getaway.

We are proud to know that we have sketched beautiful memories in both your lives and have impacted you well. I thank you on behalf of the whole hotel for the kind words towards The Eugenia.

We are most appreciative of your kind gesture to spread The Eugenia to your friends and family and we cannot thank you enough.

Once again, it was our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to having you again in the near future at The Eugenia Hotel.

Yours Sincerely,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

A unique experience in a unique hotel. Quite a small hotel with a homely / family atmosphere. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The room was nicely decorated with antique furniture and was nothing like a standard hotel room, like you see in most 5-star hotels. I would recommend a stay at Eugenia for anyone who likes their hotels to have most class and character.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eugenia-HM, Hotel Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear kit-kat-girl,

We love your feedback. We appreciate it tremendously.

At the Eugenia, we give it our best to make it a home away from home for all our guest. Indeed our hotel is unique with the architecture, fixtures and fittings of post colonial style. It is a delight to know you liked it.

Also, I am very happy and satisfied to know you are happy with the service of my team. I have passed on the good work to them for further encouragement.

Once again, The Eugenia hopes to see you again in the near future!

Yours Sincerely,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

My fave hotel in whole South-Eastern Asia. Beautiful colonial house (although Thailand has never been colonised:) and the unbelievable feeling some noble man like Mr. Darwin or Mr.Kipling has just left the building. Copper bathtubes, 4-poled beds, cute little tea room/breakfast hall.
If you ask the stuff they will show you the shortcut to the river shuttle boat stop (when we've discovered it our bangkok live became much more easier - like, Jim Thompson House is only few stops away and you don't need to spend time in traffic jams).
The whole area is very nice too: green and quiet and the prime minister lives next door.
If you won't stay in Eugenia, come for high tea/dinner/lunch to experience this fairy-tale place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarushaMarusha
Eugenia-HM, Hotel Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear MarushaMarusha,

We are most delighted to have made it number 1 in your favourite hotel for the whole South-East Asia. It is truly an honor for the whole team and myself.

We thank you for the kind words that you have ushered towards our location,surroundings and service. I have encouraged my team with your kind words to keep up their good work in assisting our valued guest as much as we can.

Indeed, our signature afternoon tea sets are a delight and must have. We are happy that you have mentioned that. We hope to be able to convert many more like yourself to be Eugenia fans.

Once again, we hope that we will be able to serve you in the near future. The Eugenia is happy to be your home away from home.

Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

We have just returned from Bangkok and I cannot stop thinking of the every great element I have encountered in Eugenia Hotel.
When I first step into the hotel, the greeting from the staff and the atmosphere give me a total different feeling to many other hotels and resorts I have tried all over the world. The decoration and atmosphere there are classic and heartwarming. And after I start appreaciating the furniture of the room, John, the hotel manager and his nice team knocked my door, offering a big surprise including a bundle of flower, cake and cocktail for celebrating the anniversary day of us! I have requested before but honestly I did not expect the picture of the final version. This shows how tail-made the service which eugenia provides.

The foods including dinner and breakfast are fantastic too, both the quality and quantity. I feel sad that I did not have a chance to try the afternoon tea there.

The Spa and Tour they offer together made our journey a very special and fruitful one.

As they have thought and prepared various elements for a tourist, including foods, Relax, Spa, Tour, etc, I here strongly recommend this hotel to everyone who wants a set of special and valuable travel experience.

Thank you one more time, John and every staff in Eugenia!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kingston K
Eugenia-HM, Hotel Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear Kingston K,

We cannot thank you enough for such a beautiful feedback from you.

The entire team of Eugenia thoroughly enjoyed themselves making this stay in our hotel memorable for both your wife and you. I have passed on these comments to the entire team for future encouragement to continue providing these very true essence of hospitality ; from the heart.

Kingston K, we wish the very best to the both of you and may you continue to enrich the lives of each other as you have did with us at The Eugenia. We thank you for a friendship forged here and our doors are always open to welcome you back.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you ever come to Bangkok again. We look forward to hosting and serving you once again. Take care and all the best.

St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

We have just returned from Bangkok, where we spent 4 nights in the Eugenia. We were delighted by every aspect of this charming and peaceful hotel, full of period furniture, fittings and decoration. there are , mo doubt, many hotels in Bangkok which will provide multi-storied steel and plastic. The Eugenia provides none of these. It is a deliberately retro haven of peace and charm. The bedrooms and bathrooms were magnificent, the food and service excellent and the care and helpfulness of the staff was outstanding. We all, including our 2 teenagers (who might have been expected to prefer something more glossy) , loved it and highly recommend it.

One small bleat; the coffee should be hotter ; but that was a trivial fault in a memorable stay. Jo and Jeffrey Burke, Hertfordshire, England.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear jeffreyburke,

What an absolute suprise and privillege it is to receive such a positive feedback from you.

Your family was a delight to have over at The Eugenia and I am happy to know the product and services were up to your standards. I have taken note of the coffee and have passed this comment to the F&B team.

I enjoyed the company of both your wife and yourself and it was indeed a lovely chat. We should have more of that in the near future if time permits. Please do not hesitate to contact me at hm@theeugenia.com should you come to Bangkok again.

Till then, take care and send our well wishes to your entire family.

New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We had a really nice stay at the Eugenia. We loved the beautiful colonial-style decor and architecture. The room was wonderful -- big, comfortable bed and luxurious tub. Service was excellent; extremely helpful and considerate. We had a very early morning flight, so they packed 2 breakfast boxes for us to go.
Only a few minor issues; the wi-fi was a bit spotty, the cocktails were quite expensive and though we were tickled to get breakfast delivered to our room -- there was nowhere to put it! We had to perch it awkwardly on the bench and desk.
As I said, those were minor in our eyes and I would love to return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear chompchompNY,

Together with the entire of The Eugenia, we are appreciative of the feedback that you have given.

We are most delighted to know that you have enjoyed the hotel, product and most importantly service. We strive to provide the very best to all the guest that walks through our doors.

I apologize for the connection of the WIFI. We have acknowledged that and I am proud to announce that we have already changed our supplier, installed fiber optic lines and increased our bandwith. Majoirty of our rooms have dining tables already, however we will look into the furniture arrangement for future cases like yourself.

We are happy to know that we have managed to won your heart and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back. Should there be anything, please do not hesitate to contact me at hm@theeugenia.com. Till then, all the best !

Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Our issue was that the room was totally different from what we expected. The web site puts nice pictures of other rooms and claims that there will be dining table, a chair, etc.

The room details we stayed in, 303 was not included in their web site like other hotel would do with lay out, a simple picture and summary of details.

It is not just airbrushing issue. The room was totally different from pic from their web and pics included in this trip advisor.

When we first saw the room we asked for change but the reception said the hotel was full. So we had to tolerate our disappointment.

The room was small with the cheap, loud, old style Aircon making the room even smaller, the floor looked and felt dirty, no view unlike other reviewers raved about , a simple rusty metal rack is our closet, a bathtub to shower in functionally very funny and have the bathroom flooded whenever we showered. And I needed to climb up the bed.

After getting up, we realized we got lots of bites. We didn't see anything flying in ourroom before and after sleep: what can the biting insects be?

Them being in R&C made me very excite before check in and now got me even more disappointed. I felt like I was conned into this hotel ending up spending stupendous amount on food while suffering in their horrible room with the standard of 3 star guest house.

Dinner which we paid for was delicious but nothing special was the breakfast.

Apart from criticism on the room, I didn't like their deco with the big dried insects on the wall or dead animals as deco.

The swimming pool was ok to glance at together with other stuff but looked very dirty to me.

It was a very very sad experience to me.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank canter0614
Eugenia-HM, Hotel Manager at Asia Herb Association Spa Auberge Eugenia, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear canter0614,

I humbly apologize for the total opposite experience that we strive for here at The Eugenia. I hear the disappointment from your partner and yourself clearly expressed in this feedback.

We appreciate the effort taken for to write this feedback and acknowledge your expression of thoughts towards The Eugenia. Allow me to re-clarify on the points that you have brought up.

In regards to the rooms, do take note that we have 12 suites which all possessed their own individual personalities. That being said, each room is different from one another and has only of a kind furniture. This would explain the misunderstanding of the rooms with the pictures online.

As for your feedback on the product of the room, the style of our hotel is based on a colonial home of the 60's. The product has been made in such a way with its attention to detail following the style of the generation back then. I must apologize if the expectations were of a common modern hotel with big glass and carpeted flooring. All the products in the room including the flooring are personal products of the previous owners on his adventures around the world.

It is indeed difficult to receive such harsh criticism, but I value your opinion and will definitely improve ourselves together with my team. However, I must strongly refute on your statement of suggesting that there are bed bugs in the room of 303. In The Eugenia, we hold a strict policy that the comfort of our guest remains our top priority and there is no compromise.

The team and I appreciate your feedback on your theme of the hotel, products, decor and food.
Once again I apologize that it was not up to your expectations. We will use this lesson as a team to only grow and improve ourselves.

Thank you and we wish your partner and you journey mercies in your future travelling.