“Great retreat in the middle of a fantastic (if a little crazy) city!”
Review of Rompo Mansion

Rompo Mansion
Ranked #308 of 881 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed March 12, 2013

On our way to Sydney we stayed in Rompo Mansion for three nights in one of the executive rooms on the 11th floor. We used the hotel as a base to explore Bangkok and the surrounding area, as well as to get over jet lag from our flight from London.
On our arrival at the check in desk the high standard of Thai hospitality, which we were to experience for the duration of our stay, was set. Everyone was incredibly helpful, polite and went out of their way to make even our short stay a memorable one.
Key highlights for me included the Bonafide restaurant, the fantastic pool and the snooker room (12 full size tables). The Travel Agency beside reception took care of all our sightseeing needs.
Overall a great retreat in the middle of a fantastic (if a little crazy) city! Recommended.!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rompo Mansion

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from our first holiday (3 weeks) to Bangkok and recommend it to anyone who enjoys good food, shopping, nightlife and sightseeing, away from beaches. We were so so lucky to have found Rompo Mansion; it was the icing on the cake.
When we arrived in Bangkok we were staying in a 5 star hotel, but like most 5 star hotels it lacked character. Yes, everything was as it should be, and as expected but something was missing. Luckily we met an Australian guy in a restaurant and he recommended Rompo Mansion, we tried it, loved it and will certainly return in December this year. (Thanks Fred)
Rompo provided us with all the benefits of a 5 star accommodation at really unbelievable prices. We stayed in the Tatami rooms for 18 days,and just loved it.
The coffee shop near the reception is a great place to meet people. Unlike a 5 star hotel there is a friendlier ambience. We made so many new friends. Hi to Louise, Laurence, Margaret, Fred, Patrick, Alf, Dee and Jodie.
We loved the staff and the pool is huge with a monstrous Jacuzzi. The Bonafide restaurant is classy and every day and night we either eat there or at the literally loads of restaurants just up the road.
Getting around was great fun. There are motorcycle taxis and meter taxis at the front gate and for 1 euro we were delivered to the underground and sky train stations. I loved the motorcycle taxis, scary but great fun.We used the on-site Travel Agency for daily sightseeing tours.
As my husband says I talk too much so, Enough said.
Thanks to all the staff and the residents for making our holiday such a success.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amy T
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I've stayed at the Rompo many times, and each year there are noticable updates. The pool
and an upper floor was getting an update when I was there in January. The staff is friendly, the front desk can translate and write anything for the taxi drivers, and the housegirls take care of
anything that i thought they missed. The restaurant has free WiFi and serves a wide variety,
including american breakfast at reasonable prices. The subway is about 10 minutes walk,
which makes the whole city accesable. Two large malls are just around the block, and theres a convenience store, travel agents,laundry ect on site. The Rompo has been a great value for me
The owners and management seem dedicated to making the Rompo a hotel where people
want to stay whenever they are in town.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms seem a little quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Alan C
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I have stayed at Rompo Mansion 3 times over the past 6 months. The rooms have been refurbished and are very good. I stayed for 8 days on the 11th floor in an executive class room. My subsequent stays were 1 month in a Japanese style room and 1 month in new studio room. I have no complaints whatsoever. Any problems were promptly dealt with by the staff. The pool was large, the gym and steam room good too. I used them most days. The staff were very helpful. I regularly used the coffee shop and ate in the restaurant.
I am going back in February!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank pehnunyud
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Dishonest concerning the price, web site very misleading, no restaurant!! 65-70 baht to sukumvit 11 one way, no street venders here! If you take a chance and stay here, get every word in writing from them. Locals say it is not a safe area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank VisitThailand
Genglaw, General Manager at Rompo Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2015

On behalf of the management and staff of Rompo Mansion we would like to apopogise for the fact that your experience of Rompo Mansion was not to your satisfaction. Since your visit we have carried out extensive renovations to the accommodation and the facilities. We also have a new website and the on site restaurant is actually ranked in the top 10 eateries in Bangkok. We would like to assure you that the area in which we are located in one of the safest in Bangkok and we have never had any incident involving a customer in the 20 years we have been in operation.We would love to have the opportunity of showing you our 2015 much improved Rompo Mansion.

Reviewed March 25, 2010

I have been travelling to and from Thailand for about 10 years. about 2 years ago I was introduced to Rompo Mansion by a friend who lived there and I have never been any where else since. 10 months ago I made the decision to live in Bangkok and Rompo was my choice.

Some of the reports indicate that Rompo is a bit run down, all I can say is try it now. It is having a huge makeover and some of the executive suites on the 11th floor are breathtaking. I live in a standard room with a large balcony that overlooks Bangkok without the intrusion of a huge skyscraper next to me. Wi Fi is available in every room at a price depending on the package required (2 days, 5 days or a month)

The staff are really friendly nothing is too much trouble, and believe me I do put this to the test. Many residents have either lived there continuasly or return very frequently that it is like a large family but without any intrusion on your private life.

I have just payed for the next 6 months in advance which shows you something. If you want a good apartment in a good location (not far from Sukhumvit and near Carefour and Tesco Lotus) at a good price then don't look anywhere else.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gaijun
Reviewed January 22, 2009

A friend of mine has an apartment in Rompo so it was convenient for me to stay here whilst visiting him. On the plus side, the room I had was pretty large, clean and the bed was comfortable. Rompoo has internet available downstairs (40 baht/hour), has a large swimming pool and a gym is available. The staff are friendly and there are a few shops in the complex.

On the negative side, the location is a bit away from all the sights and it's not particularly close to the MRT/BTS stations so you'll spend a fair bit of time in taxis.

However, at 700 baht/night (booked direct with Rompo), it was pretty good value for money.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank freescreenname