“Recommended”

Grande Centre Point Hotel Ploenchit
Ranked #147 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed August 29, 2011

This hotel is a good choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Situated in a nice part of Bangkok right next to the US Embassy, it is a couple minutes walk to a BTS station and you can also walk to a shopping mall so accessibility isn't an issue. Rooms were clean and comfortable and the room service menu was decent. The breakfast buffet became a bit dull after a few days as the spread doesn't change much from day to day and there wasn't a large variety to begin with. Nevertheless, it is a very good hotel for the price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Daniel P
There are newer reviews for Grande Centre Point Hotel Ploenchit

Reviewed August 19, 2011

We booked a three room suite for 2 families (We were 7 persons in all). Quiet location, very relaxing. Very near the Skytrain and walking distance to the shopping areas, if you have the energy. Since it was newly renovated, the linen, carpet and furniture were very fresh! Amenities were really good, and staff were friendly. Highly recommended, wouldn't want to stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2011

The hotel is very clean, modern and in a great location, short walking distance to sky train Chidlom station. The staff are very friendly and will help you arrange tours and give advise good places to eat and shop There are so many to choose from!
I was travelling with my sister in-law we decided on a 2 bedroom suite with living area and kitchen, it was perfect and very spacious. We each had our own bathroom, large bedrooms, well appointed kitchen (no oven) and great view from the balcony.

Tip - Print out map of hotel location and carry with you, makes getting transport easier. there are more than one Centre point hotels in the same area!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We (me, my wife and 3 kis) hosted in the hotel for two nights in our way to NZ.
We got huge apartment, very well equipped and very clean. The staff was very friendly, we enjoyed the poll, the playground and jim.
So our general emersion was very good.
The only negative point that I can raise is that we reversed transportation (in relatively high price)from the airport to the hotel while we booked the accommodation.
The driver didn’t wait for us and it’s took much time after we contact them until the transportation arrive. Otherwise we highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2011

It was not the first time I stayed at this location, though it may be the last. Definitely the property has seen better days and little signs of wear and tear abound. To my personal dismay I discovered that since October 2011 Centre Point Wireless does not sell any alcoholic beverages n the restaurant or through room service. I was advised that this is due to the buddhist beliefs of the owner. As I had not yet encountered buddhism as a religion forcing itself upon others, I did have some concerns about being woken at 4am to partake in some buddhist chanting. Fortunately that did not happen. Centrepoint management has neglected to feature it's new no-alcohol policy on it's website.
To cap the experience the, free, wireless internet kept malfunctioning throughout my 23 day stay. Assurances that a technician was working on/or had solved the problem was invariably overtaken by an inability to connect to the web.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank atgkc
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Centre point Wireless is in a good location close to the Skytrain station. I ahve stayed there on business over several years and I must say that the rooms get a little worn and dated. Yet everything works fine. Free wireless (pretty fast) and breakfast inclusion in the room price are additional positives. However, there is an improvement required at check-in: I was asked to sign a credit card slip for THB 3000 (which I refused) for possible 'side charges' (the slip would be destroyed on check-out) although the room bill for the whole period was already settled. There is nothing to say against a CC print at check-in but asking the customer to sign 'blanko' is rather annoying.

At check-in I was asked to sign a credit card slip covering THB 3000 for possible 'side charges'; the hotel bill was already settled via hotels.com. Of course I refused and it was no longer an issue.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank edswi
Reviewed March 11, 2011

We stayed in a Centre Point Apartment Hotel for the first time and we were pleasantly surprised. While this is not a 5 star place, comfort and standard is adequate especially for the very competitive rates of the hotel. Our room was in a high floor and we had a great view. The hotel also comes with pool of course and a gym. Will come back.
Only the breakfast selection and quality is a poor, could be improved.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barnskybeat
Travelers also viewed these Bangkok hotels
Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri
Sivatel Bangkok
Sivatel Bangkok
#64 of 879 in Bangkok
Oriental Residence Bangkok

Been to Grande Centre Point Hotel Ploenchit? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Grande Centre Point Hotel Ploenchit

Address: 100 Wireless Road | Lumpini, Patumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand (Formerly Centre Point Hotel Ploenchit)
Location: Thailand > Bangkok
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
#76 Spa Hotel in Bangkok
#82 Business Hotel in Bangkok
#125 Luxury Hotel in Bangkok
#126 Family Hotel in Bangkok
#129 Romantic Hotel in Bangkok
Price Range: $87 - $183 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Grande Centre Point Hotel Ploenchit 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grande Centre Point Hotel Ploenchit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Centre Point Wireless Road Hotel Bangkok