Hotel is conveniently located near both the MRT subway and BTS skytrain. Both are 10-15 minutes walk away. There is also a 7-11 one block away. Near the BTS station is Silom Complex (mall) where you can buy groceries at Tops Market. We loved Silom Complex for cheap, clean, fast meals and snacks. Getting to the hotel from airport is very easy, cheap, and you won't have to deal with the traffic congestion. Take the blue rail (City Line) to BTS Phaya Thai (cost should be 45 baht) and then from there take BTS to Saladaeng exit (approx 30 baht). Once you get off the BTS, you can negotitate with the tuk tuk driver to take you to hotel for 20-30 baht. Walking to the hotel can be a pain if you have luggage since the sidewalks are really small, dirty, and there's lots of curbs to deal with. Make sure you get the location of this hotel in on a map or in Thai, because this chain has a lot of locations nearby and your driver (taxi or tuk tuk) could easily get it mixed up with another one.
We reallly enjoyed our four night stay in Bangkok at Centre Point Saladaeng. It was a great value for our money. We paid less than $80USD per night and it included breakfast for two people! The hotel is spacious, clean, and EXTREMELY quiet. It seems like this particular one is catered more towards the business traveler. We never ran into anyone except in the morning when we had breakfast at their Blue Spice restaurant.[Restaurant tip: Do not order the European breakfast - pancakes, eggs, sausage, and beans. The food did not taste like we were are used to in the States. The Thai breakfast set is very delicious.]
Our only complaint was that there is only one roll of toilet paper in the room. We don't like to have housekeeping come in everyday. So when we ran out of toilet paper the second day, we had to call down at the front desk for another roll. Staff was very prompt in giving us that second roll - in less than 3 minutes! Kudos to that, but sucks we had to call in the first place. We'd definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here you can live life to the fullest. You can enjoy a lifestyle with all the advantages of a major city center. Cool modern decor reflects your personality in style. And your individual privacy is unequivocally ensured because the restriction of only 5 units per floor. The central business district is right on your doorstep, along with, the major tourist entertainment areas, as well as, all the benefits of living downtown. For the energetic and for those who like to green areas, Lumpini Park is just a step, skip and a jump a way. In town, very private, exclusively where you call it home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your AT EASE Saladaeng by Aetas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centre Point Saladaeng Hotel Bangkok
- Centre Point Saladaeng Bangkok