I don't usually write Hotel reviews because most hotels are decent. This hotel seems to find new ways each day to piss me off in small and annoying ways. But first, the positives:
+ In-Room free WiFi - unlimited devices.
+ Suites are fully furnished, but basics like starter packs of kleenex, sugar, etc. not provided.
+ Traffic noise from street reasonable but if you're a light sleeper it could be disturbing because the windows are nothing close to sound-proof.
+ In-room fax machine (does anyone use these anymore?)
- Area with few restaurants and services - no grocery store within 15 minutes except 7-11. When I arrived at 22h00 and asked the receptionist where to get food late night, she suggested McDonalds. No orientation map or helpful suggestions on reasonable options provided.
- Restaurant open only from 06h30 to 14h00 with no evening or room service.
- Fat pillows that strain the neck. No thinner pillow replacements available.
- No iron or washing machine in-room. Nearest laundry is at Thanon Saladaeng / Thanon Silom. Washing machines downstairs cost 4€ / $5.50 for a wash and dry - exorbitant for Thailand.
- Asked staff to remove old stereo and TVs from room - they declined so I put them under the kitchen sink.
- Design aesthetics - Don't like that the pool and fitness room are essentially "in" the lobby.
- Room aesthetics - colour scheme is year round "Christmas" - green and red. Ho-ho-ho.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here you can live life to the fullest. You can enjoy a lifestyle with all the advantages of a major city center. Cool modern decor reflects your personality in style. And your individual privacy is unequivocally ensured because the restriction of only 5 units per floor. The central business district is right on your doorstep, along with, the major tourist entertainment areas, as well as, all the benefits of living downtown. For the energetic and for those who like to green areas, Lumpini Park is just a step, skip and a jump a way. In town, very private, exclusively where you call it home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire and HRS so you can book your AT EASE Saladaeng by Aetas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centre Point Saladaeng Hotel Bangkok
- Centre Point Saladaeng Bangkok