Ascott Sathorn Bangkok
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsliving roomempire toweramazing gymwashing machineserviced apartmentchong nonsi bts stationwell equipped kitchenlaundry roomfull kitchendining tablehealth landhealth clubbusiness districtone bedroom apartmentconvenience storehome away from homebusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The Ascott Sathorn is truly wonderful. We spent a few weeks in Bangkok again recently, stayed in three different hotels and Ascott was the standout. The apartments are roomy, modern and well maintained. Full kitchen facilities allows for home cooking if you are that way inclined, although the room service menu is very good. Just booked another seven nights for next trip and hope to spend some time in the amazing gym next time. We also love the Eastin Hotel just down the road, however the rooms here are bigger and the kitchen/lounge is a bonus.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AussiePG
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family of 5 stayed in the two bedroom apartment for 2 nights, and it was much more than we expected. The apartment was huge! Bigger than most two-bedroom condos back home. The shower/bathroom was nice and clean; the beds were very comfortable. A/C worked well and the temperature of each room could be controlled separately. The hotel should update the Wifi as it is slow. Also, the hardwood floors need updating (gaps in floor boards), but these are minor issues. The staff were friendly and helpful, though we did experience some delays in checking-in and checking-out. We would definitely stay here again, especially great for longer stays.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lara987
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My recent stay at The Ascott Sathorn Bangkok was extremely pleasant. I was on a short trip with my wife and we stayed a total of 3 nights in a One Bedroom Premier apartment. Floor space was extremely generous. There was a huge dining cum living area which we loved because we can have our own space. While one is surfing the web on the desk, another can watch tv without much interfering each other. There was also a nice little kitchenette which I know will be extremely useful for families travelling with young children.

Location wise, the residence was location within 10 minutes’ walk to Chong Nonsi BTS station. The main shopping area of Siam is 3 stations away without having to change trains. It was extremely convenient for our shopping itinerary as we circumvented the infamous Bangkok traffic gridlock especially during rush hours.

Service was good. Check-in was swift and hassle-free. There were nice welcome drinks for us at the reception which served as a good solace from the unrelenting heat of downtown Bangkok as we arrive from the airport. Conceirge service staff were friendly and informative. We gotten a whole lot of useful travel tips from them as to how to spend our time and where to go for the best foot massage in the vicinity.

In a nutshell, I would most definitely return to The Ascott Sathorn when I go back to Bangkok. The stay has helped me obtain a relaxing break from the usual grind at the office and it truly rejuvenated me from top to toe.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I just finished 2 weeks into a 4 month stay at the Ascott. I would not have checked in again had it not been a great hotel. The staff here is amazing and try to work with residents in order to make sure they have everything they need.

The gym is called the Cascade Club. It is amazing and beautiful. The hotel has 3 restaurants and all are good at what they do.

The rooms are big and clean. My only complaint is the TV's are really out of the 1980's. They look so odd in a nice hotel. I would not even have one of them in my cabin in the woods. But, other than that, the rest of the furniture works well and the staff is always willing to try to make your stay more comfortable.

The Internet is limiting at only 4MB max but so far, it has been good and consistent.

The area is a business area and the hotel has many business guests. I really like the van that the Ascott offers each day at 1 to take residents to the malls in the area. We use it often.

The hotel is always clean. The common areas are always clean. The pool is always beautiful. The gym is always spotless. I guess you get my drift here in that the place is always very well maintained.

So far, my 2 weeks have been great and I want to commend the front desk staff and housekeeping staff on jobs well done!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed here with the wife 2 weeks ago - over a wkend. Warm and friendly staff, superb room and amenities, less than a kilometer walk to the BTS trains, near Health Land Spa (great place for a massage) and great value for money. I will stay here everytime I visit BKK :-)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple