“Ascott Sathorn…Bravo!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #97 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Ascott Sathorn…Bravo!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

The Ascott chain is an established one and we booked a 2 room executive apartment at this property which sits smack on Sathorn Road as they had a very special offer going on. In the holiday apartment industry the Ascott group perhaps stands as one of the top ones.

The 2 room executive apartment was fully and tastely furnished and clean (with lots of storage space for long stays), even though I reckoned that a refurbishment would be required in the near future. We had at least 1,200 sq feet of living pace with a fully equipped kitchen and washing machine and dryer and a balcony. The living room/lounge space was ample and came with a working desk and dining table. Each bedroom had its own bathroom which was well appointed, including L'Occitane toiletries - my favourite.

The salt water pool was adequate in size for my laps and had a great view. There was a jacuzzi located next to the pool and both were well maintained.

The staff at reception and at all levels were very professional and efficient.
In particular I tried to test the knowledge of the concierge known to me as Tim and he really seemed to know what was going on and where and when given a number of tasks, he got them done promptly and efficiently.

Being located on Sathorn, there was no problem in getting a taxi except perhaps during rush hour. The property is also about a 5 to 10 minute walk from the nearest MRT station.

The buffet breakfast which was included in our package is the best so far that we have had, within the hotel apartment category of properties. The quality of the food was high, fresh and tasty.

Yuet Mei, my cousin was pleasant surprised one evening when they brought up a birthday cake and a little teddy bear to celebrate her birthday.

On departure I remarked that the Ascott Sathorn polo t shirts that were worn by some of the staff looked really smart and that I wanted to purchase one. I was told that the shirts were only for staff and that they were not available to guests. About three weeks later after reaching home, a package arrived for me and in it was an Ascott Sathorn polo t shirt in the right size just for yours truly.

Ascott Sathorn…Bravo!

Room Tip: Once again take the highest floor possible for a great view and for max quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

feel like home @ Ascott Sathorn Bangkok. The MRT station is nearby and quite convinient for the customers. Food, massage and night street is available just a station away. In fact this is a first time i stay hotel plenty of facilities,such as microwave, washing machine, iron, bread toaster, banana fruit, fridge, tv, cooking facilities (full set). Plus the hotel do have gym, swimming pool and spa. Food for room services are extremely cheap.

Room Tip: choose a nice MRT view head to West...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Cairns, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

We have been guest for the past 8 years and have seen bars/restaurants and staff come and go. Personally, some of the best staff, who actually had that personal touch are now gone.

I think personally it is the use of Cascade Club gym, although the constant preening and self-image-in-the-mirror stares are a bit much, although the wonderful massages at the Green Leaf Spa are a positive that bring us back.

The rooms are getting tired and fixtures are starting show there age, with the old box TV's pretty hilarious.

I have to also agree with previous Trip Advisor comments about service at the pool. You really do have to seriously launch a missile into the Aldo restaurant to get service.

The prices for Ascott are starting to rise which astonishes me and I must admit maybe this is the last year we stay with them as they never seem to recognise returning guests nor seem to value maintaining or updating the apartments.

Ascott is truly a lovely place and great for business travellers, I just wish management would get their game together and start looking at what their long term guests are saying.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SaL26Cairns
SG
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Do not stay. Just don't try to stay. One of the worst choice of SEA region. Bad staff, hotel too hot. Unfriendly not at all kid baby friendly place. I mistakenly book it for 1monthly. Totally bad option to choose.
Baby suffered from fever and vomit. Hotel staff too uncooperative to change rooom. All 3room west sun from 12-6 burning hot full day
Instead giving weird suggestion

Staff don't even apologize and cooperate never care to ask how it's going

No refilling of toiletries not even earbuds. no utensil cleaning,dirty housekeeping. Everyone looking for extra top all the staff

All in all don't waste money try something better. Not refunding money so no option but to stay

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Shefali S
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have been staying at the Ascott off and on for the past year. On a short visit it is one of the best service residence apartments around, with the Best Gym for working out, better then any other in the city ! Recently I rented an 1 bedroom Premier apt monthly for an agreed lower price of 70,000THB. This does not include breakfast, though they have a nice breakfast also. But I asked for a Non Smoking Apartment, since I have asthma. I had just left the Ascott about 2 weeks prior and upon my return I was given an apt on a smoking floor. In addition the Air Conditioning in my living room did not work properly. The Ascott charges extra for electric usage for a monthly rental, but when I checked in they never showed me the meter reading nor did they show me the meter reading upon check out. They consider free internet at 512 KB per second, which is slower then dial up from 10 years ago. That forces every guest to purchase "high speed" in my case was an additional 2500 THB, the high speed internet never works and they consider high speed to be 4MB per second. The problem is that the signal does not reach the back part of any apartment. The pool staff were very rude. I went to eat dinner one night, they served me drinks at 9:45 pm and then when I asked for the dinner menu, I was told the kitchen closes at 10pm. So I had to pay for drinks, and had not dinner. The hotel claims that this venue has nothing to do with the hotel even though it is on the 6th floor of the hotel. Complaint after complaint and management is absent. The last time I rented monthly I was told upon check out that my electric consumption was higher then the lease allowance of 5000 THB included in the 70,000 THB so I was forced to pay an additional 7000THB for electric. This is extremely high. So this time when I checked it and complained that the Air Conditioning was not working they gave me an electric credit for the first few days of my stay. But even thought I rented the apartment for a month. I traveled to Singapore, the Maldives and upon my return to the Ascott again the living room air conditioning was not working. In a whole month they could never move me to a No Smoking floor, upon my return from my trips, I had only spent 17 nights at the Ascott, again the Air Conditioning was not working. So instead of complaining because it was so late at night, I choose to stay at another Hotel for 2 nights, Lebua State Tower was beautiful. After 2 nights at Lebua, I then checked into the Shangri-la Bangkok while still paying for the Ascott. I checked out of the Ascott 5 days earlier then what my lease actually said. But the hotel did not actually know that I had not been in the apartment for almost half of the leased time. A week after checking out 5 days early, I got an email saying that the hotel made a clerical error in my electric usage and that they are now going to charge my credit card and additional 2750 THB. I had already closed out my bill, paid for my extra charges, room service, internet ect. This hotel thinks it is okay to advise me that they are going to charge for their mistake on an electric usage that I can not prove or not. But one thing for sure is that the Ascott needs an entire make over ! Air conditionings that don't work and eat up your electric, and free internet that is so slow, that they make you pay for "high speed" which is not even high and does not work any better then the free service, in addition the cost for the 4MB per second is almost 100 US Dollars for 4MB per second. This Hotel is a RIP OFF. I love a serviced apartment and I like both the 1 and 2 bedroom apartments at Ascott, but if you stay for a month for sure you will be ripped off. As for kitchen utensils, you best be prepared to buy a sharp knife. The Ascott Group just lost a huge account. No longer will associates of the US Embassy Bangkok use the Ascott or their sister hotel the Somerset Saun Plu Plaza. Be cautious when a Hotel like the Ascott makes you pay your entire bill upfront when you check in, even by credit card. They know there are major problems in here !

Room Tip: There are many other service apartments hotels in the area. Marriot has one on Saun Plu, and the Sh...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NiceGringo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

This service apartment is conveniently located in the central business district near many big names like RBS BOC PwC Deloitte...and its just 5min walk from the Chong Nonsi skytrain (2 stations away from Siam station). I was travelling with 3 other friends and we booked the executive 2 bedroom suite. The room was good in size with a fully equipped kitchen (with all utensils, coffee machine, toaster, oven), 2 toilets and a balcony. We can see W hotel across the street from our balcony. Ascott also has a concierge desk which can help you to book restaurants, massage / spa and flight confirmation. The staff at the concierge desk was really helpful and friendly (and handsome too haha). I really appreciated the help of all staff which made our trip in Bangkok very pleasant and enjoyable. There is also a convenient store just below the apartment (but not sure when it closes). Ascott also has its own spa but we have not tried it this time. We have tried their room service and the food is decent.

Just a reminder, if you plan to go to hotel, you better start making your way at least 2 hours ahead your check in time cos traffic in Bangkok is really bad and we couldn't get any cabs if Ascott tried to order one for us and we ended up going up the skytrain with all our luggages which was really awful.

All in all I love Ascott and will definitely consider them if I travel to other places.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom serviced apartment here last year. The apartment was spacious with a living room, dining table and a built in kitchen with a full size refrigerator. The master bedroom came with a bathroom and attached and there was a Jacuzzi styled bathtub and a screened shower enclosure. The other smaller room had no bathroom attached and guests would have to get out of their rooms to get into the bathroom outside, a feature which we find inconvenient.

Having said that, we found housekeeping to be efficient in keeping our apartment clean and tidy. Buffet breakfast was good and had a variety of Western and Thai cuisine.

The nearest train station is about 10 minutes walk away.

In conclusion, we found our stay here comfortable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family