“Best place to stay at in bangkok”

Ascott Sathorn Bangkok
Ranked #110 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This service apartment is conveniently located in the central business district near many big names like RBS BOC PwC Deloitte...and its just 5min walk from the Chong Nonsi skytrain (2 stations away from Siam station). I was travelling with 3 other friends and we booked the executive 2 bedroom suite. The room was good in size with a fully equipped kitchen (with all utensils, coffee machine, toaster, oven), 2 toilets and a balcony. We can see W hotel across the street from our balcony. Ascott also has a concierge desk which can help you to book restaurants, massage / spa and flight confirmation. The staff at the concierge desk was really helpful and friendly (and handsome too haha). I really appreciated the help of all staff which made our trip in Bangkok very pleasant and enjoyable. There is also a convenient store just below the apartment (but not sure when it closes). Ascott also has its own spa but we have not tried it this time. We have tried their room service and the food is decent.

Just a reminder, if you plan to go to hotel, you better start making your way at least 2 hours ahead your check in time cos traffic in Bangkok is really bad and we couldn't get any cabs if Ascott tried to order one for us and we ended up going up the skytrain with all our luggages which was really awful.

All in all I love Ascott and will definitely consider them if I travel to other places.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom serviced apartment here last year. The apartment was spacious with a living room, dining table and a built in kitchen with a full size refrigerator. The master bedroom came with a bathroom and attached and there was a Jacuzzi styled bathtub and a screened shower enclosure. The other smaller room had no bathroom attached and guests would have to get out of their rooms to get into the bathroom outside, a feature which we find inconvenient.

Having said that, we found housekeeping to be efficient in keeping our apartment clean and tidy. Buffet breakfast was good and had a variety of Western and Thai cuisine.

The nearest train station is about 10 minutes walk away.

In conclusion, we found our stay here comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GlobeTrekker6
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Staying in this Serviced Residence is one of the most amazing experiences I had abroad. The lobby was not crowded with many staff unlike your usual hotel lobby. The front desk staff would go and get you a refreshing drink while you check in. We stayed at a One Bedroom Executive unit. The apartment was just awesome! Everything you need was all there! Well I knew what I booked for but I was pleased that I was not disappointed. The living room and the dining area were spacious enough to walk around. The kitchen was complete with the utensils and cutlery. The bedroom was very spacious and the bed was comfortable. And the bathroom? Perfect! We stayed there twice and the second apartment we stayed at had a very interesting bathroom. I know some hotels have the same design but I just loved their sliding window effect right next to their tub. It very spacious too! I actually have a feeling we were upgraded on our second stay but was not informed.

I would also agree with some peeps comment on their Fitness center. The moment you step into that area? It would make you feel as if the place was meant for a world class gym facility! If I were to stay in Bangkok long term, I would prefer staying in this place.

Location wise, quite distant from the main tourist destinations. But the closest subway station would only take you about 10mins by walk. You may also try their bar and resto. They offer good food and the view of their majestic swimming would complete your dinner.

Room Tip: Try to visit their Residence Lounge too. You will get to enjoy their pool table for free :)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have tried to book here several times before for my annual Songkran visit, booking early I got a nice 1 bedroom suite this year.
I was not disappointed, spacious room, comfortable bed, nicely equipped kitchen with washing machine too. Room service prompt with nice food, good breakfast, but paid extra. The hotel staff are courteous & friendly, I felt the warmth of the famous Thai smile.
It was by far the best hotel gym I have ever used, 10 our of 1o, great pool area too. The hotel was full and they coped very well.
Well done Ascott Sathorn ;) I will be back next year.

Room Tip: Book early, busy hotel ;)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank tonycelfit
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I always stay here when in Bangkok on business. The location is fine, although can become one of the most congested parts of the city during peak hour. The rooms a very spacious, and the 2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartments great when travelling with a colleague or family. The staff are friendly, breakfast adequate but not great, pool is very good & poolside bar & restaurant very high quality. Has the best Gymnasium & Spa I have found anywhere, so good it attracts many regulars from outside. However with the excellent Healthlands Spa across the road there is no need to use the in house Spa facilities.

Room Tip: I always go for a high floor to escape the road noise as the windows open.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter C
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked a 3-bedroom executive residence for a family of 7 at the Ascott Sathorn Residence about 6 months in advance as that was during my 40th bday. I verified the reservation twice before arriving but when checked in, the room was not available after all. Instead, we were given two room connected to each other but of less quality. The rooms were ok but not really the level what I had expected for this trip. Only compensation (in addition to the very slightly reduced price due their rack rate was less), was a free return to the airport...

Apart from that; the pool was good for a city hotel, the breakfast was nice although noisy and the japanese restaurant was great! The location of the hotel was another slight disappointment; the walk to closest train station was a bit much with heavy bags and tired kids. Next time, I'm having a 4 day shopping stopover in BKK, I surely will book something closer to the actual shops!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Good location. Very friendly and cordial staff.
Nice and comfortable rooms. Stayed here when travelling with a tour group, so can’t comment on value for money. But I would recommend this place because of its convenient location in the city and for the comfortable stay it offers.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family