“Wonderful Stay in Bangkok”

Ascott Sathorn Bangkok
Ranked #111 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I have travelled in groups to Bangkok for many many times. This July 2011, with my Company staffs, I have decided to stay in Ascott Sathorn Bangkok for a change. To my surprised, the two beded and three bed rooms are maevellous. The apartments are big and clean, the staffs there are wonderful and helpful too. During the night we can gather together is the living hall watch television together and have supper together in their big dinning hall.Over all we have a worderful stay in Bangkok.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed July 21, 2011

Great stay for 5 nights in an executive apartment on 11th floor overlooking pool. Apartment large, clean and spacious, wide range of breakfast choices, fantastic spa / gym and pool areas, short walk to nearest skytrain station. Would return.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Excellent value for money. Service staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Gym was huge and very well equipped with the latest stuff. We really liked the spa and massage. Having been to many in Bangkok, the masseurs here are extremely well trained and good. The best 90 minutes for me.

Room Tip: If you cannot understand the washing machine instructions, call for help. Don't mess around wit...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Jason C, Residence Manager at Ascott Sathorn Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Dear Pakwen,

Thank you for your review of Ascott Sathorn Bangkok and am happy that you enjoyed the facilities of the Cascade Club and Spa. We have also noted your feedback regarding the user manuals and will review them as necessary however you have rightly noted, our service team are readily available to assist in providing in-residence assistance.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you and regards.

Reviewed July 16, 2011

sawadika..a word i always hear from them..genuine smile..a not so crowded place..room on a high floor, good rate, well cleaned 2 bed room suite..i cannot ask for more..with the 4 nights i had stayed..free internet..nice restaurant by the pool..it was just fabulous! will definitely recommend..im thinking to be Ascott fanatic now :) Service residences are just so good :) the Green Leaf SPA is just out of this world!!amazing thai message made my day!

Room Tip: get a 2 bed room suite if with family on a high floor..nice view over the city
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
RM_ASB, Residence Manager at Ascott Sathorn Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2011

Dear ecohotelier,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at Ascott Sathorn. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Jason

Reviewed July 13, 2011

We had a great time staying at the Ascott in Bangkok. We arrived the first night at 2am tired and exhausted but were greeted warmly by the reception staff. The check in process was simple and short as they already had all my information printed out. We were then lead up to our room on the 8th floor. We had rented the 2 bedroom suite and were so glad to find that it looked just like the pictures on the website. The space was just big enough for the 4 of us and we had everything we needed in the apartment. We also had a HUGE balcony all to ourselves! The Ascott also has one of the best gyms I've seen during my travels and it was a pity I didn't check it out sooner. The staffs were helpful and friendly and provided us with very very good customer service.

We truly enjoyed our stay at the Ascott and I will definitely be looking to stay with them during my future travels.

Room Tip: Check their online promotions for deals such as stay 2 nights and get 1 free!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay in our 2-bedroom suit. It was an excellent experience. staff is extremely helpful. Breakfast was fantastic and the retaurant beside the pool nust be tried. Every thing was just perfect. You feel like you are at home. The location is excellent and close to the sky line train. Conciege was excellent. Definitely I would stay at this hotel again in my next visit to Bangkok.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I just sent email below to hotel (although I do not think they will take it seriously) -

******************************
Please forward this email to Mark Chan, Eddie Lim and those for whom it may concern

Dear Sirs,

I checked-in Ascott Sathorn Bangkok today - I booked from hotel.com for 5 nights, but after receiving unfair treatment from your hotel, I managed to cancel my bookings for the coming 4 nights and decided to check-out tomorrow - not withstanding I have to pay a penalty to hotel.com.

I am a returned customer. I have stayed in Ascott and Somerset in Asia, such as Thailand and Beijing. My former employer's office is in the Empire Tower so I recommended Ascott Sathorn to them - of course now, I will recommend them not to stay in your hotel unless an sincere apology in writing is received from your hotel.

I booked a room from 30 June to 5 July (5 nights) in rush, and made a request of high floor. I know Sathorn can be noisy. However, upon check-in, your staff told me that the only room available in the hotel is on the third floor. I accepted it without any choice despite what I formerly requested. What shocked me was that the room assigned to me is not only on lowest floor, but it faces the corridor - that people can pass by my room and look at me from outside as if I am an animal of a zoo. I felt furious and went back to lobby and refused accepting such sub-standard room. Your staff told me there was no room available. I told them I could not accept a room like that - I felt I could not have any privacy with people just walking outside the windows of your living room and bed room - in addition, I made request in my booking clearly. They then told me to wait for 30 minutes for a room to be cleaned (right, there is a room on higher floor available). Suddenly, they told me there is a room available and there is no need to wait - right, your hotel has tried to made me accept a sub-standard room in dishonestly way. I have serious problem with that !

I felt cheated and thus I went to business center and cancel the bookings of remaining 4 nights - having to pay a penalty, but feel much necessary to defend my dignity and to leave these dishonest people and cunning hotel.

I am writing you this email because I feel I am unfairly treated by your staff (and yet no one feels an apology is owed to me) - this is a big disappointment : I will leave Ascott Sathorn by noon tomorrow, and despite I am sure I will not be returning your hotel, I hope at leave the people who is responsible for managing the hotel could do something to avoid similar problem and if you feel your hotel has done something inadequate, may be an sincere apology.

Regards,

Room Tip: No tip - not a good hotel
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo