“The most amazing views of Bangkok!”
Review of State Tower

State Tower
Ranked #37 of 537 things to do in Bangkok
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
London, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The most amazing views of Bangkok!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Wow! This place is incredible!
If you're in Thailand this is a must!
The staff were a little impersonal but the atmosphere of the place made up for that!
We came for drinks before dinner in the city. It's a place I will be going back to in the future.

Visited December 2012

• Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Stunning View but Expensive Drinks”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Of course, I had to go to the State Tower Sky Bar...it was in the Hangover II. Overall, I was impressed with the atmosphere and the stunning night view of Bangkok. But, I was shocked to see that our two mojitos cost over $47 USD. So, I would definitely recommend for you to go for the experience but just be ready for an expense drink bill.

Kandy, Sri Lanka
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“A-maaazing”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The atmosphere is amazing! The view is amazing! Definitely a place to visit in Bangkok. You need to make reservations to have dinner there but you could walk in if you just plan on having a drink.

Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Beautiful views and relaxing atmosphere”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Reading the mixed reviews of the bar here, we were a bit nervous about what to expect. However, we were pleasantly surprised and this was one of the highlights of our time in Bangkok. The views are incredible. We went just before sunset (which beat the crowd), got a spot along the wall to watch, and enjoyed a drink until it became dark.
Advice: go early to get a good spot, plan on staying for 1 or 2 drinks, and enjoy the view. Don't overthink it!

Port Fairy, Victoria, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“very special”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I read mixed reviews so my husband and I packed some nice clothes and after being dropped off at the wrong place first (the bariyoke) we hopped into another taxi and asked for the bar from the hangover movie. Easy peasy! I felt so special coming from a small country town in Australia this was special, romantic and oh so glamorous. Expensive by Thai standards yes, but I would expect to pay $40 for three drinks at home. We weren't rushed as I had read in reveiws. I felt very welcome and enjoyed our couple of hours there and the view was breathtaking on a warm sultry August Bangkok night. I would definitely visit again.