“Outstanding Stay With MIND-BLOWING Buffet Breakfast”

Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #219 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Dadeville, Alabama
“Outstanding Stay With MIND-BLOWING Buffet Breakfast”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

When I give a hotel 5 stars (circles;), it is based on my own criteria. I'm certainly not stating that this is a Michelin rating top hotel in the universe (I am a retired school teacher but even if I could afford one of these hotels, I'd never stay there.
When we go on a vacation, we are there to see the sights, not to spend the day in a hotel.
My ratings are always based on the following specifications:
1. Location
A. This means, can you walk to venues, restaurants, shops, antiquities, or proximity to transportation. We were a tad over a block from the sky train. I had received the wrong charger from Apple and couldn't use the free internet with a dead computer (*&^%#@! Apple--but it was a happy accident because we were able to take the sky train to the malls (would you believe the apple stores in the malls did not have a charger for the 'air'?) and since we were there during the protests, we got to walk back with the nicest people you could imagine. I even bought some of their whistles in support. One of the funnest things we did while in Bangkok on our own). We took a taxi to the gigantic electronics mall and became true tourists by returning in a tuk-tuk. How fun!
B. Is this a safe area because we do a ton of walking whilst on holiday. We loved walking through the area with the transvestite massage therapists. A lot to see. We bought several shirts from the sidewalk vendors also.
2. Price
A. I generally rank the top hotels on TRIP ADVISOR and stop at the first one that I can afford. Since we were staying at this hotel while with a tour, we had no choice however we arrived a day early and the rates were unbelievable.
3. Cleanliness--if everything else is great, and the hotel is filthy, I would never stay there again. This happened to me only one time in Rome and this hotel received my only 1 circle review. I do my homework prior to a trip and am ultimately extremely happy with my choices.
4. Everything else is icing on the cake but here are some other reasons why we loved the hotel:
A. The room ended up being a huge suite--a large bedroom, great bathroom, a kitchenette/dining room/living room. Because we only stayed here to tour Bangkok for a week, we stuck a bottle of wine in the refrigerator (and oh my goodness, here's a warning--wine is EXPENSIVE in this city), but never ate in the room. We also never sat in the living room and I don't think we even turned either of the two TVs on. We only slept here.
B. Quiet

BUT, I can't even begin to describe the buffet breakfast. We did eat one dinner here and were very happy but that breakfast, INDESCRIBABLE!!!! Probably the most amazing buffet I've ever seen. Maybe 10 stations with even Asian/Middle Eastern stations. The fruit is something to dream about but everything was amazing.

I can't recommend this hotel enough!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank lindypc
GSHBGMPAThailand, General Manager at Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear lindypc,

Thank you for taking the time to write your excellent detailed review of your stay at Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok.

We are very happy to hear that we have managed to exceed your expectations while staying with us and are very pleased that you enjoyed the hotels location, facilities, your spacious room and our friendly staff.

It's always makes our day when we hear that we have made our guest's stay memorable and it is our pleasure to have had you stay with us and we will look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip to Bangkok.

Suresh Subramaniam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Please know we are still here and loving everyday.

I arrived here on Friday from a hospital in Bangkok. We were greeted and walked inside. Before I blinked I had a wheel chair bought to me straight away. Then a shot of orange juice to follow. Check in was quick and easy. ALL STAFF were very friendly & helpful also asking if I'm ok.

They try there best to understand you, however, if they can't they work as a team to try.

Our room is amazing, very spacious, amazing views too. bedding is so comfy. You just melt into it. My bed had wheels on it which was hard for me as I was sore. The maintenance staff came up and took all the wheels off and fixed the problem ASAP.

Room service food is very yummy and affordable, didn't take long either.

7-11 is just down the road so you can stock up on snacks & water etc.

The restaurant food is amazing. Buffet breakfast caters for a few nationalities. Lunch buffet was delicious and very affordable if you have an Accor Card.

Location is AMAZING and close to everything. Shopping, nightlife, restaurants. Train station is just there too.

I can't fault this hotel at all and we still have 5 more nights here.

I have 2 kids and I wouldn't hesitate to bring them back here to this hotel for a holiday. Very safe and luxury hotel.

1 Thank tinarocket
Dear tinarocket,

Thank you for taking the time to write your detailed review of the hotel. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok and that you enjoyed the spaciousness of your room and your quality of sleep. Our friendly staff are always ready to assist you at anytime.

We do hope you have recovered and that the rest of your stay was as memorable as the start. We look forward to having you stay again on your next holiday in Thailand.

Best wishes,

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 17, 2014

The hotel staffs all are really nice, helpful and polite especially receptions and door girl. This is the mid sized hotel in the midtown location. Easy to access by sky train and also surrounding with shopping mall and restaurant. I've been stayed in many hotels in BKK but this is the most greatest one with excellent and unique service style. I will come back here again in nearly future. See you there

1 Thank aimjt
Dear aimjt,

We appreciate you taking the time to place an excellent review of your stay. We are very delighted to learn that your experience has exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel.

We will look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bangkok.

Kind regards,

Kunming, China
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Booked room with deluxe room, early check in at 10am (feel so good)There are very beautiful rooms! Good location, 5 mins by walk to the sky train(nana station), breakfast is very delicious and service also great! I'll chose this hotel at next time!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear kimiliang90,

Thank you for taking the time to write your excellent review of our hotel. We are happy to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and that you enjoyed the hotels location, breakfast and our friendly staff.

We will look forward to having you stay again in the near future.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I and my husband went to stayed to celebrate our 5th year wedding anniversary.

Bed is really comfortable, A/C is great, shower room with bathtub and convenience location near by BTS Nana.

We had dinner at the hotel which was perfect. great service and delicious cuisine.

All the staff always say "hello" and acknowledge your presence. F/O staff really pro and nice.

We only satyed 2 night but would've loved to stay more.

Cheers

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear jjuunnee,

We appreciate you taking the time to place your excellent review of your stay. Happy anniversary to you and your husband. We are so happy to learn that you had a memorable stay and that we managed to exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed the hotels location, food and service provided from our friendly staff.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay at Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok and we will look forward to having you stay again on your next trip to Bangkok.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I love the hotel so much. It is wonderful service and good location. Quality foods. Room is really clean. The best choice for who love to drink and hang out with friends. I like Breakfast Plan to go back again soon.

Dear wanly,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotels location, quality of food and spaciousness of your room.

We will look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Bangkok.

Kind regards,