“The BEST FRIENDLY Hotel in Bangkok”

Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #187 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Please know we are still here and loving everyday.

I arrived here on Friday from a hospital in Bangkok. We were greeted and walked inside. Before I blinked I had a wheel chair bought to me straight away. Then a shot of orange juice to follow. Check in was quick and easy. ALL STAFF were very friendly & helpful also asking if I'm ok.

They try there best to understand you, however, if they can't they work as a team to try.

Our room is amazing, very spacious, amazing views too. bedding is so comfy. You just melt into it. My bed had wheels on it which was hard for me as I was sore. The maintenance staff came up and took all the wheels off and fixed the problem ASAP.

Room service food is very yummy and affordable, didn't take long either.

7-11 is just down the road so you can stock up on snacks & water etc.

The restaurant food is amazing. Buffet breakfast caters for a few nationalities. Lunch buffet was delicious and very affordable if you have an Accor Card.

Location is AMAZING and close to everything. Shopping, nightlife, restaurants. Train station is just there too.

I can't fault this hotel at all and we still have 5 more nights here.

I have 2 kids and I wouldn't hesitate to bring them back here to this hotel for a holiday. Very safe and luxury hotel.

1  Thank tinarocket
GSHBGMPAThailand, General Manager at Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear tinarocket,

Thank you for taking the time to write your detailed review of the hotel. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok and that you enjoyed the spaciousness of your room and your quality of sleep. Our friendly staff are always ready to assist you at anytime.

We do hope you have recovered and that the rest of your stay was as memorable as the start. We look forward to having you stay again on your next holiday in Thailand.

Best wishes,

Suresh Subramaniam

Write a ReviewReviews (2,046)

Reviewed May 17, 2014

The hotel staffs all are really nice, helpful and polite especially receptions and door girl. This is the mid sized hotel in the midtown location. Easy to access by sky train and also surrounding with shopping mall and restaurant. I've been stayed in many hotels in BKK but this is the most greatest one with excellent and unique service style. I will come back here again in nearly future. See you there

1  Thank aimjt

Dear aimjt,

We appreciate you taking the time to place an excellent review of your stay. We are very delighted to learn that your experience has exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel.

We will look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bangkok.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Booked room with deluxe room, early check in at 10am (feel so good)There are very beautiful rooms! Good location, 5 mins by walk to the sky train(nana station), breakfast is very delicious and service also great! I'll chose this hotel at next time!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear kimiliang90,

Thank you for taking the time to write your excellent review of our hotel. We are happy to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and that you enjoyed the hotels location, breakfast and our friendly staff.

We will look forward to having you stay again in the near future.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

I and my husband went to stayed to celebrate our 5th year wedding anniversary.

Bed is really comfortable, A/C is great, shower room with bathtub and convenience location near by BTS Nana.

We had dinner at the hotel which was perfect. great service and delicious cuisine.

All the staff always say "hello" and acknowledge your presence. F/O staff really pro and nice.

We only satyed 2 night but would've loved to stay more.

Cheers

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear jjuunnee,

We appreciate you taking the time to place your excellent review of your stay. Happy anniversary to you and your husband. We are so happy to learn that you had a memorable stay and that we managed to exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed the hotels location, food and service provided from our friendly staff.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay at Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok and we will look forward to having you stay again on your next trip to Bangkok.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

I love the hotel so much. It is wonderful service and good location. Quality foods. Room is really clean. The best choice for who love to drink and hang out with friends. I like Breakfast Plan to go back again soon.

Dear wanly,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotels location, quality of food and spaciousness of your room.

We will look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Bangkok.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Great Hotel- excellent location and very good breakfast. Book the Deluxe Suites as they are excellent rooms with a lot of space. Wish would have stayed longer. It is very close to the Metro rail way station. Easy to commute to any part of the city.

Will stay again when I return.

Room Tip: Choose Deluxe Suite.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Karan B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of our hotel. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your spacious deluxe suite along with the hotels location, which provides you with easy access to Nana BTS sky train station.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to having you stay again on your next return to Bangkok.

Best wishes,

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Booked this through Last Minute as a 5 Star Mystery hotel. Definitively a mystery. Took ages to book in and when taken to our room it was old, smelly, and very dirty. Shower over bathtub, which I said on check-in that I needed a normal walk-in shower. We went back to reception with our bags to ask for another room. We had trouble trying to explain the problem. I smiled a lot and said thankyou as I knew that showing I was cranky would do me no good. We were given another room but they wanted to charge us. I showed them my paperwork again as I had already paid showing what was included. We finally were taken top our room which was huge, a lot cleaner and with a suitable shower. Whilst functional not a 5 star very drab. Breakfast was not included in our package so we paid the first day. Did not go back. Lots of flying things and insects and not a lot of normal breakfast things to choose from. We went to the coffee shop on subsequent mornings. Much better and cheaper too. Location of hotel was good and we had tours booked so did not spend any real time there at all. Went to restaurant on two occasions for alacart, but again found hard as no one spoke English. Probably would stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vicki B

Dear Vicki B,

Thank you for providing a review of our hotel. I was disappointed to read that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies. Please be assured that we do take all feedback we receive from our guests seriously.

The team work hard every day to ensure our guests are comfortable and experience our true hospitality, and it saddens us when this is not the case. I wish you had conveyed to the team your level of unhappiness that you have portrayed in your review, as they would have resolved these issues at the time. If something is not right or if we fail at providing an exceptional level of service, we are very keen to put it right.