If size is important ... this fits the bill ...... and I must admit, it was the feature I was chasing.
Two of us stayed here and it was extremely spacious. (We chose a one bedroom apartment).
Roomy apartments (70 - 80 sq. metres); separate bedroom; kitchen/kitchenettes; spacious living areas; plenty of storage; CLEAN.
I'm a girl who loves a firm, big bed & these digs have it. (If it's not my own bed, I want my own territory in it!).
Reasonably sized balcony, but no patio furniture unfortunately.
Had the desire to do a little furniture relocation to make the huge space more appealing, but didn't want to overstep the mark.
Hotel foyer is understated but has a sense of space and is a cool respite from Bangkok's steamy climate.
Corridors leading to rooms once again give a sense of serene space.
Pool area is modest, but adequate, with gym, steam & sauna facilities attached.
A bit of a walk (500 metres) in this heat, to the main drag & the relatively new 'Terminal 21' building (a themed shopping mall. Worth a look, but mmmmmmm???).
Skyrail (Asoke) & 'Bangkok Underground' MRT (Sukhumvit) reasonably close (500 metres), but on those days when you are feeling a bit precious, there are always Bangkok's cheap cabs.
Complimentary internet access, modest pricing, spacious, comfortable & CLEAN .... will stay again.
Value for money ++ (have to confess to getting a bit of a discount with an industry pal / the things you do for better value :-( )
Negatives .... lots of hard surfaces/coverings inside apartment; layout could be better, as could the natural light situation at one end of apartment.
Seriously folks ..... a value for money stay.
Would be nice for all rooms to have flat screen tv's, stereo systems, etc., but for a week's stay, it is good value (despite the tv reception lacking ..... but eh, we're on holidays with a laptop ..... nice if they fix it, but if they don't ... keep the tariffs down :-)
ps .. Decided to join the 'Gazman' in the gym this morning ..... self serve gym (good); equipment (I was happy, the gym junky a bit miffed); stereo/cd (there alone and wanted to funk up the joint, but couldn't play my own cd's 'coz it was broke :-( ..... only reason I went to the hell hole :-). Not sure how it would cope if more than 4 guests went in though????
'It's the little touches that are missing, and we all know how the little touches help' ;-)
But, as I said, "I will return!"
Back packers ..... No, unless you want to stay a couple of nights in unadulterated sleeping space that you have craved for the past month & give the contents of your backpacks a good wash; then YES!
Budget seekers ...... really only worth it if you are staying for a week & want to end the holiday with a big smile, and then .......
Middle rangers ...... live it up & do it!
High enders ...... you won't be devastated; but then I can't see you doing cartwheels in the street either!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in Bangkok's trendy Sukhumvit Area, 5 minutes walking distance to Asoke BTS skytrain and Sukhumvit MRT subway stations, GRAND MERCURE Asoke by AccorHotels, is located in the city centre. It offers an easy and quick access around Bangkok in a calm street, with bright Suites, apartment like, from 71sqm. Discover Terminal21, a famous shopping centre around the corner, then relax and enjoy the view at our rooftop swimming pool or dive into the great nightlife only steps away. GRAND MERCURE Asoke is pet friendly and our WI-FI access is complimentary. We have 40" smartTVs with Japanese, Chinese, French channels. Ideal for a family or couple stay. Fully renovated in 2017, each Suite has a full kitchen with a private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Grand Mercure Bangkok Asoke Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Bangkok Asoke Residence Hotel Bangkok
- Grand Accor Bangkok Asoke Residence
- Sofitel Bangkok
- Bangkok Sofitel