Pratunam City Inn
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This is the first time I stay at Pratunam City Inn. It is such a "memorable" stay until I would recommend other traveller NOT TO STAY in this hotel. The room was very dirty. It seems that the housekeeping did not clean the room and refrigerator when people check out. Have asked them to clean but nothing was done. Worst, they didn't do the housekeeping, rubbish was not throw the next day. Towel not change for the 3 days stay. We have put the towel on the floor to indicate to change the towel but they just pickup and put it on a chair to air-dry. The rooms have cockroach and lizard too.
I normally stay at the hotel next door, P2 Boutique Hotel, which is so much better. P2 Hotel is very clean and friendly staff and value for money. As this hotel is fully booked, I have no choice and try this Pratunam City Inn.
My last advice, please don't stay at this Pratunam City Inn.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

The hotel has an unspoken rule revolving around petty inventory, including the glass bottle containing the complementary drinking water. However my room mate and I had to find out in the most unpleasant manner.

On the day of the check-out, the dustbin containing the glassbottle (which contained the complementary water) toppled and the glass bottle shattered into smithereens. Impossible to clean that up, we worried for the hotel staff's safety and informed them at the reception when we checked out.

To our horror, we had to pay 50B for the broken bottle because it was apparently re-cycleable and they get money from that. We were upset as

1. We were not informed during the check-in and there were any notifications in the room to tell us that the glass bottle was part of their inventory. This is indicative of the poor staff training or rather dual-standards practised (not warning & practising the unsaid) by the hotel.

2. On the first night, we headed down to the reception and we queried again if the water's for consumption at no additional cost. They failed to inform us about the glass bottle being part of their inventory.

3. They claimed to have kept an inventory list everyday (maybe there was communication breakdown) but it was no more than a piece of paper glued onto a notebook with the list of inventory and cost if damaged. Futhermore, my room mate and I had been bringing the bottle glasses out on our day trips and they failed to address that for the past 4 days.

In another's words, if we had just tidied the mess, we would have gotten away with the 50B. Of course, even if the bottle was 10USD, my room mate and I would be more than willing to pay if we were informed about the costs involved.

A cockroach, the size of my index finger, was spotted in the kitchen on our last night where daily complementary breakfast is prepared. We might be a little loose on our causation links but it seemed to explain my room mate and my coinciding bowel movements which sent us to the toilet every morning after breakfast- except for 1 morning we headed to ayuthaya and skipped breakfast of course.

End note is we were not impressed by the non professional service and hygiene standards we received.

Alternatively you may want to consider P2, the hotel next door with affordable massage service at 300B an hour and 500B for 2 hours.

The hotel manager at P2, A-Mei who speaks Mandarin, English, Hokkien and Thai, will gladly assist you with your problems with just a phone call. Note: She wasn't our travel agent and we are in no way afflilated to her.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank aswhy
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Was staying in this hotel for 3 nights with friends. My friend's room aircon system is faulty and also comes without a phone. Informed reception and a room changed was done without any fuss. General condition of the room is all right with clean bed sheet, towels and other necessities.

Breakfast is only bread and fried eggs with hot coffee/teao during our stay. Nothing to shout about. You can have better food just outside the hotel - cheap and tasty.

Going to BKK shopping areas is just a short walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel is for budget travelers which are not fussy with the food.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank greenarrow2k6
Reviewed January 29, 2012

we stay here for a night, starting from check in until check out, nothings happen..near to platinum fashion mall and pratunam market.. only walk around 10 minutes less with many stalkers around the street.. only a lil bit old hotel, but with big flat LCD.. thats awesome..

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ocyd85
Reviewed December 22, 2011

If you're travelling to Bangkok and especially looking into fashion shopping, this budget hotel provides a simple place to sleep in. It's about 10mins walk to the Platinum Fashion Mall and Pratunam Market and the cost of the hotel is reasonable enough to provide you with a basic and comfy sleep after a whole day's outing. There's a 7-11 conveniently just around the corner.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends