“Perfectly pleasant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #116 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Dhaka
“Perfectly pleasant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2009

My wife and I stayed for 4 nights at this hotel and found it a good base for attacking Bangkok's shopping malls. It is situated two stops away from Siam Square on the fast and efficient SkyTrain. And the hotel is a 5 minute walk to the station.

The basic double room we checked into was large, and on the whole clean. There were a few unidentified stains on one of the sofa chairs, which would have ideally not been there. We had a comfortable large double bed and clean bathroom which had both bath and shower.

The hotel has a number of good quality, although expensive for Bangkok, restaurants which served reasonably good food. We also took room service one night, and this was quickly served and tasty.

The staff are friendly and the service is efficient. On coming back one evening we noticed the toilet was blocked. After a call to reception someone came in 5 minutes to rectify the situation.

We enjoyed our stay here and would return next time we are in Bangkok.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sanjay_Singhania
aurgir, General Manager at Swissotel Nai Lert Park, responded to this review, April 20, 2009
Dear Mr. Sanjay Singhania

It was a great pleasure receiving your valuable feedback (TRIPADVISOR.COM) with kind compliments on our staff service and Hotel facilities.

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and will take great pleasure in passing on your gracious comments to all our team members
We regard your support highly and look forward to welcoming you back to The Swissotel Nai Lert Park Bangkok in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Swissotel Nai Lert Park Bangkok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2009

swissotel Nai lert Park Bangkok, dealing with the constant traffic from the airport and find that this hotel is not a high rise compared to others that I have stayed at. With the ease of the staff instructing where reception was, bell boy taking hold of luggage. Check in? straight too my room clean, modern perfect? Refined bathroom, all the amenties where up to my standard.
The most useful resource in this hotel for information, is any of the staff? Ask the any question on tours, shopping where to get ice cream. Overally helpful, drawing diagrams, getting maps and also writing in Thai where the destinations is?
Now if you are executive you have the ability too request the 5th floor private breakfast comfortable seating, without having the hassle of lining up for your omelette. It also has a coffee machine, if you are purist or have refine palette for strong coffee and resented the drip feed coffee they serve to the general public this is another plus.
Order room services not a problem enjoyed the chicken burger, if you want to play it safe.
The also have incredible pool that is wrapped with palms trees and other plants that steals you away from the beeping noise and pollution of the Bangkok street and locks you down in the cool cascade of confide area. Its restful, child friendly non intrusive.
Another plus to this resorts is that it has tennis courts and gym with all the essential. But bare in mind that this isn't a gym that has a fitness first set up, and if you are looking for this why? All the personal trainers are more than polite and helpful, and with the trademark smile.
The day spa is also something you need to try, hey it never hurts. The gym bathrooms you have own locker with 2 assign towels, showers that are not communal and are private. Sauna and water towel near the tennis courts and also in the gym itself.

I do suggested that you try swissotel as matter of convienance, everything that you need is just at touch away. And there is also a handy cafe with great assortment of sweets near the front of the hotel, on your left hand sided.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank paradises33
Dear Paradises33,

Thank you for having taken the time to review our Hotel (tripadvisor.com web site) regarding your recent stay at Nai Lert Park Bangkok.

We are pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us. We have shared your comments with our team members. Your constructive feedbacks are valuable to us in our search of service excellence.

We looking forward to welcoming you back to Swissôtel Nai Lert Park Bangkok for your next visit.

Yours sincerely,

Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2009

I normally don't write review but felt compelled enough to write this time. Stayed for 4 nights, hotel room was ok; good breakfast and nice pool.

Down side is that we felt the door staff who hailed us a taxi for the airport took advantage of the fact that we were tourists and agreed an higher than normal taxi fare for us. Though the extra amount was not huge, I hated the fact that they treated us like dumb tourists; we had told him we were in hurry to get the airport and so not in a position to haggle with them. Also the fact that we were 2 young girls could have been a factor.

Having read the comment by another reviewer just now about the increased taxi fare, this seems to be a common practice.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank IrishGirl_9
Dear IrishGirl_9,

On behalf of SwissÔtel Nai Lert Park Bangkok we would like to thank you for your feedback given (via the Tripadvisor website)
We are pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us. However, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay in regard of the service of our service staff in regard of the local Thai taxis.
I am afraid that taxis are quite a challenge in Bangkok, but I can assure you that our staff would never deliberately allow guests to get into a taxi they suspected of any wrong-doing. To minimize such incidents, I have personally spoken with our door staff, and am currently discussing ways to avoid such unfortunate experiences like yours in future.

Please accept our sincerest apologies, and thank you again for your invaluable feedback.

We hope that you will visit us again sometime in the future, where we promise you things will have improved. We have shared your comments with our team members. Your constructive feedbacks are valuable to us in our search of service excellence.

Best regards

Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2009

I have been staying at the Swisshotel Nai Lert Park for over 15 years. Well before it was taken over by the Swisshotel group. There is simply no better Hotel in Bangkok and I have visited most of them.

This hotel is only 5 stories tall. It makes moving around & going up & down from your room a sinch. For someone who shops as much as I do, this is a great bonus.

The Hotel is built on what I believe is the only park land within Bangkok. The views from the ISO Restaurant are incredible and beyond relaxing. A real treat to have breakfast / lunch / dinner there as you are "transported" to a special place as you relax and dine. The atmosphere in the pool area which is surrounded by the park is unbelievable and I found myself lounging about often. I wasn't the only one, there were lots of folks enjoying the huge pool. Needless to say, towel service is always offered as well as by the pool dining / drinking.

This time I chose an "Alcove suite". It was a two room suite, 2 TVS, 2 bathrooms etc.. UNREAL. It was a very large suite which really made my stay that much better. Room was very clean and maid service was very efficient. Bed was also turned every PM wth chocolates & orchids left behind. Even though its wasnt far from the Elevator.. it was dead silent and I slept like a log.

One of the best attributes of this hotel (in my opinion) is that it is considered "small". This of course in comparison to the 25-30 floor(s) monsters in Bangkok. There is always a feeling of quietness & tranquility the second you come into the hotel grounds. Never any of the loud noises, yelling, people running around that you unfortunately find with the very huge hotel chains. Granted, some of the huge hotel chains have unparallel luxury. However, Nai Lart Park makes up for it ten times over with the atmosphere and ambiance.

Though the Staff doesnt remember me as they see many tourists.. I do remember each & every one of them. It is amazing how after so many years, its the same people working the front counter, door, restaurants. Says a lot about the quality of the Hotel and its employees.

The Front Desk team has always been great and have helped me out with every single request I had. I even had the concierge shop around for me for a specific cell phone. They found it.. and left me a note under door with price and location. How can you beat that ?

There are several restaurants @ the Hotel. To be honest, I have only dined at one of them. Its calls "ISO". For breakfast/lunch its buffet style. The buffet is simply awesome and the taste/quality of the food is 2nd to none. I also appreciate the open kitchen concept. Its nice to see from a distance who & how your food is being prepared.

The hotel also has a lovely coffee shop within walking distance from the hotel lobby. Patries etc are fantastic as well as the esspresso & cappuccinos they serve. I really enjoyed a nice coffee in the afternoons.

There isnt enough space here nor time to express how much I like this hotel. Go there and I assure you that you will not be dissapointed.

I will be booking my annual trip to Bangkok in a few months and will stay @ the Nai Lert Park again.

If you have any questions etc.. please feel free to ask them.
Rgds, Shawn

• Liked — Clean / safe / functional
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank ShawnShamgar
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2009

Firstly, this hotel has a lot going for it. The location is great - very convenient to the sky train and shopping centres but off the main streets. The decor of the public areas is very nice, as is the pool.

Two big problems ruined our stay however!

1. I had booked the hotel because it had been described on tripadvisor as a quiet oasis and I liked the sound of a room in bustling Bangkok facing gardens and a swimming pool.

The reservation was originally for myself and my husband so I booked a king bed but in the end myself and my sister travelled together. Upon check-in we were asked if we'd prefer twin beds to which we happily said yes but the most important thing to us was that it would be a quiet room. We were then told that there were no quiet rooms with twin beds. This was fine, it being quiet was more important to us so we took a king bed and off we went to our room - which turned out to be the second room from the corner at one end of the building.

As soon as I entered the room I could hear a lot of noise so I looked out the window and found that we were beside a very large noisy outside airconditioning unit for the hotel and a noisy road.

Desperately in need of a good night's sleep after travelling all day I went back down to reception and asked if they had a quieter room. I was told that we could move rooms but that it would cost extra. I said that this was fine and was given the key to another room.

When I went up to this room I found that it was even more noisy than the last one (facing the road at the front of the hotel) which I couldn't believe given that I had specifically asked for a quieter one.

I went down to reception to complain yet again and this time the staff member miraculously found me a twin room facing the gardens at the back of the hotel that was very quiet and fit the description perfectly of the type of room that I had expected in the first place. I asked if the hotel was full and the man replied that no they were only at about 60% occupancy. So I don't know why they didn't offer a nice room in the first place!

2. After a good night's sleep we were pretty happy the next day. We had an evening flight so the hotel let us leave our bags there for the day which we appreciated. We came back at 6pm and the concierge got us a taxi. We had told him that we wanted a 'taxi meter' as we had read warnings about making sure that all taxi fares in Bangkok are on the meter.

The taxi man pulled up in a cab with a taxi meter sign and spoke to the concierge in Thai. The concierge then said that the driver wanted to charge us a 500 Baht flat charge to go to the airport. Having got a taxi to the hotel from the airport the night before including all tolls and the airport surcharge for less than 400 Baht we said no, that we wanted the meter on. The driver was arguing this with the concierge so we said we wanted another taxi. 400 Baht is not a lot of money but I hate dishonest taxi drivers no matter where they are in the world.

The concierge then said its's ok he'll take you for 400 Baht. We said '400 total including the tolls and airport charge' and he said yes.

We were only around the corner in the taxi when the taxi man said 'You want expressway?' We said 'Yes' and he said 'Ok, you paty tolls'. We said no, we were paying him 400 including the tolls. He argued with us and we told him to let us out of the cab. Then he said 'Ok 400 total'.

We ended up in a taxi with no passenger seatbelts with a driver we didn't trust and very annoyed with the concierge for having got us into this position. The concierge knew well that our taxi man was trying to rip us off but went along with this instead of looking after his guests. This a very poor reflection on the hotel.

Stayed January 2009
2 Thank TheDublin2
aurgir, General Manager at Swissotel Nai Lert Park, responded to this review, February 13, 2009
Dear Dublin2,
We were most distressed to hear of your unfortunate experiences at our hotel, and we can only thank you for telling us about it (via the Tripadvisor website) so that we can do everything we can to avoid such things happening to our guests in future.

Firstly, as far as the room is concerned, you should never have been given a room in a noisy wing when you had specifically asked for a quiet location. We have already talked with our reception team members, and taken steps to make sure that such requests are more seriously acted upon in future. When unsure, they have been asked to contact me personally.

Secondly, I am afraid that taxis are quite a challenge in Bangkok, but I can assure you that our team members would never deliberately allow guests to get into a taxi they suspected of any wrong-doing. Some bad taxi drivers here in Thailand have given drivers a bad reputation, though I have to say that most of the time they can be very helpful and reasonable, just like most of the Thai people. Unfortunately, you were unlucky with yours.

To minimize such incidents, I have personally spoken with our door team members, and am currently discussing ways to avoid such unfortunate experiences like yours in future.

mh77
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2009

This is a great hotel, nice pool scene, excellent lobby! They have several choices of rooms and we stayed in the non-remodeled part. It was still completely fine, just older decorations. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. It's close to everything! We booked on a travel website rather than through the hotel directly and saved quite a bit of money.

• Liked — Pool Scene
  • Disliked — Broken hair dryer in room
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank mh77mh77
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2009

From check-in th check-out this place was amazing! Great service with a smile, every door was opened for us, always a "hello, how are you" or a "SawasdeeKa" and not to mention the location is great - in the middle of the city yet hidden by a peaceful garden. The food is perfect offering all from great Thai to luxurious Chinese to European classics, and a great little coffee shop with Real coffee (something a little hard to find in Thailand). The rooms are extreemly large with a balcony and the pool is the largest I have ever experienced. There is also an entire spa and fitness complex located behind the pool. You will not regret your decision to stay here.

• Liked — Service, Comfort, Location
  • Disliked — about a 10 minute walk to BTS train station.. would have been nice if it were closer
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business