“Nice Hotel”
Review of Dynasty Inn

Dynasty Inn
Ranked #387 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Very nice place to be in the middle of entertainment. Almost next to Nana Plaza, for GO Go`s and plenty of bars. Many Lady boys there in late evening, if you like that sort of thing.
Hotel have very nice and clean rooms,nice restaurant, with good Thai food, and a bar where you can watch the world go by, and reasonable. Staff friendly and nice.

Room Tip: 601 & 602 quiet and clean,TV and a safe.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Staff is very friendly and efficient. Rooms are small but well laid out and kept clean The rates are affordable and the in house restaurant is a perfect place to watch the city go by. Convenient to many restaurants and outside venders.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank EricF22
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The rooms is small. TV is the old type and small, guessed 21' only. Bed is comfortable enough.

The look of this place from lobby to rooms are very dated. However, the staffs were all very helpful.

I stayed for 1 night only.

There are other better hotels at this same price.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank stcpt
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for years, two or three nights every three months. Each time we book by phone as we reside in thailand and email bookings are a waste of time as when you turn up most of the time they dont have you registered.I booked two single non smoking rooms two months in advance and was told I could have the same rooms as my prevoius stay which were fine for the price 1280 baht.The day I arrived I was informed my rooms were not available and only smoking rooms were vacant.I told them this was unacceptable as I had booked the rooms months in advance and they had my contact details and should have informed me before I arrived.When I told them to cancel the booking all of a sudden there were two non smoking rooms available but at an extra 300 baht a night.It was too late to go hunting for options and as my father is in his eighties not a good idea to go look around.This is the last time we will stay here the service is quite frankly a joke.

Room Tip: Find another place!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank andylegends
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location, a few minutes’ walk from the debauchery of Nana Plaza and not far from the Nana sky train station on the bustling and vibrant Sukhumvit Road. Make sure you get a room in the back building which contains the recently refurbished rooms because the rooms in the front building are antiquated and in need of refurbishment. For a mid-range hotel in this part of the city I think the rates are reasonable, I have stayed here several times now and the staff are always friendly and helpful. A shame they don’t have a swimming pool though, I think next time I’ll try the nearby Majestic Suites which does have a pool.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Samuel_J_Russell
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I'm stay 3 nights at the Dynasty Inn, in the Deluxe room, the building on the back side of the road, a bit more expensive than the rooms on the front but the rooms are bigger and more quiet. Very good value. I tested the food of coffee shop you can find better and cheaper around the hotel. The staff at the reception was very helpful. I recommend this hotel for a short stay.

Room Tip: Room on the back side of the road.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've stayed here many times over the past 12 years. The minus point (or plus, depending on your purpose of visit), is having to fight through food traders, arm-grabbing bar girls and persistent lady-boys as you enter the soi from Sukhumvit, especially later afternoon onwards. But once you have run that gauntlett, the hotel is a haven of peace. I usually have a budget room, which is currently 1,085 baht for a double room. The room is smallish, but sufficient if your intention is only to sleep. the bed is comfortable and clean. And I've never seen a cockroach in this hotel - something I cannot say for other 1,000 baht hotels in the area.

The decor is rather dark - wood panelling in the budget rooms, and there is only a small window. And the bathroom is small too. A large person may have difficulty with the WC as it's all a bit cramped. There are however bigger rooms at different levels of comfort. I've tried them all. Some have LCD TV's, but since I'm only in the room at night time, why pay more? It's sufficient. And there are light switches by the bed. The air conditioning can be controlled for temperature and fan speed. And the best of all, the cheap rooms are at the back of the hotel, so they are very quiet. The road outside (front) is a key red-light district as you will have guessed from my opening comments, so a room on the front can be quite noisy until late.

They also have an in-room massage service, though I've not tried it.

Finally, the breakfast is good, This morning I had the full breakfast - 175 baht. I missed the mushrooms and the HP sauce, but everything else was there including a full fry-up, a large slice of fresh pineapple, toast and marmalade (not jam!) and hot coffee. And a Bangkok Post to read (but you have to, leave it behind for someone else to read). My only complaint is that I ordered an extra coffee because the cups are quite small. They charged me 67 baht for another coffee - ridiculous. For 175 baht for a full breakfast, the coffee pot should be bottomless.

I full recommend this hotel. If you need a bathtub and a swimming pool, so around the corner to the Dynasty Grand. I've stayed there too, but expect to pay double.

Room Tip: This tip is not for the room but for getting a taxi. Do not get a taxi from the soi, especially outs...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo