“Some will love it and some will hate it!”
Review of Dynasty Inn

Dynasty Inn
Ranked #366 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Australia
“Some will love it and some will hate it!”
Reviewed July 22, 2008

I first stayed here early in 2005 for one night due to the fact my uncle’s partner used to manage the front desk and obtained for me a discounted room rate (around $20US at the time). They never informed me of the surrounding area; they just stated that it was central, close to shops and skytrain and not too far a drive from the then international airport (Don Muang). These facts were all correct but I guess the biggest point they failed to mention was that the hotel is virtually next door to one of Bangkok’s biggest red light areas, NEP (Nana Entertainment Plaza). I imagine many people will find this quite off-putting. Personally, as an open-minded male travelling solo, I found the place to be quite interesting and something of an eye opener to say the least. I stayed here again for one night in mid 2007 and there had been some improvements, with new rooms added out the back. However, I would still bracket it in budget class but for around 1300 baht per night it is reasonably good value. The room I stayed in was clean and tidy but not overly big. The décor was a little drab with no great view from the window but at least it had a good air conditioner. An interesting observation was that on both my stays here I don’t believe I saw one western woman. The clientele seemed to be guys on their own, guys in groups, or guys with Thais (male, female and a cross between the two if you know what I mean)! From those observations I believe I am correct in assuming that this hotel is a sex tourist favourite. Would I recommend this hotel? Yes, but with some reservations. Due to its location some will love it and some will hate it!

• Liked — The location of the hotel is quite central and has good transportation options
  • Disliked — The hotal has a bit of a sex tourist feel about it
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
3 Thank Camjar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Thai first
USA
Reviewed May 4, 2008

I stayed at the Dynasty Inn Bangkok on a recommendation from a friend. I only booked one night there (being my first time - I wanted to make sure that was going to enjoy my experience first). It is right next door to the Nana Entertainment Plaza which fit my needs perfectly. If you are a family and or a couple or whoever, that doesn't want to see the red light district then you should book elsewhere. The room I got was clean and suited my needs. It has a lot of wood (not paneling). Being a woodworker, I was able to appreciate the quality and care given to the wood. It was very well taken care of and adds warmth to the room. I ordered food from the 24 hour room service and it was very good and reasonably priced. It would have been cheaper if our dollar was stronger (not their fault). After my pleasant experience the first night, I asked the front desk if I could add another night. They were very helpful and found me another room. You are able to bring guests back at no extra charge (a must in my book) and the Internet access is free but you can only get signal in the main floor lobby area. This place would be great if they could get Net access in every room and if the AC in the rooms could be controlled by remote. Also would be great if their checkout time was 2pm like it is with Nana Hotel (as per their website - but I haven't stayed there yet). As a sidebar - the female staff who work the front desk are very attractive (for what its worth). Overall - a pretty good experience. If you are in Bangkok to experience Nana Plaza - this place is literally spitting distance from it. Hope this helps. I will be booking here again on my next trip. Also, I heard that they offer free airport pickup from BKK if you stay with them and also heard that they offer free or discounted shuttle service to either the Dynasty Inn Pattaya or Dynasty Resort Pattaya. Contact them or check their website before you quote me on this.

• Liked — It is Literally Right Next Door to Nana Plaza
  • Disliked — Needs Internet access in each room(not just lobby), AC needs to be controllable by remote, spruce up rooms a little
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles
Reviewed April 7, 2008

My fiance, friends and I ended up at the Dynasty Inn only because our reservations elsewhere were incorrectly booked.

The dynasty inn is in the center of a red light district. While some hotels may remain suitable despite their location in this area, the Dynasty Inn is a meeting place for girls and tourists.

There is a bar and diner on the first floor of the hotel. This is the an eye opening experience for any traveler who has not spent much time in Bangkok or other cities with such a high prevelance of working girls. My sister and I were the only female foreigners staying in the hotel that we saw. All other occupants were foreign men traveling to meet women.

Despite the nature of the hotel, we found our rooms clean and the hotel was actually very quiet. The rooms were cheap compared to other prices we were quoted.

For our group, all in our mid to late twenties, we took the experience in stride, but I would not recommend this hotel for familes!

Stayed March 2008
4 Thank deiuliis0916
bangkok
Reviewed October 21, 2007

first of all there charged me different price i was quoted in an email, put me a room not suitable for a rat, staff were very rude to me and my thai wife, deffinently the worst hotel ive stayed in bangkok, STAY AWAY, -- absulutely poor, BEWARE.

• Liked — nothing stay away
  • Disliked — poor service and staff very rude
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
10 Thank dynastyinn

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Chicago, U.S.A.
Reviewed October 10, 2007

I stayed at the Dynasty Inn and thought the location was awesome and the price was right. For $40 a night I had a clean room that was in the heart of the nightlife and only a 5 minute walk away from the skytrain.

Stayed October 2007
3 Thank thedude24
LV
Reviewed August 28, 2007

Good clean Budget priced Hotel, arrived 8.30am allowed in room before 10am very friendly staff, and quiet considering location , good food at reasonable price.. Not a young family hotel mainly due to outside environment but a great base to see Bangkok with all modes of transport within easy reach, if going to Pattaya free transfer if you stay 2 nights at their hotel or resort.
Price 1280 baht/night double in Bangkok same rate at Pattaya, resort even includes American Breakfast.

• Liked — Private and quiet
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank hodki
california usa
Reviewed August 19, 2007

i contacted the dynasty inn on the 16th of aug 2007 to make a reservation for the 21st of aug. it was for my fiance who was going to be in bkk. i specifically told them i wanted to pay by credit card in both emails i send to them, and to please email me directions on how to pay. i got an email from then saying the reservation was confirmed, and the cost would be 1280 baht for the night. Well when my fiance got to the hotel, she was told we could not pay by credit card and the price of the room was 1800 baht. dynasty inn is the worst hotel on sukhumvit. dont even book with them.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything was bad
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple