“Nice location!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Kawin Place Guesthouse
Ranked #770 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

The location in this hostel is in Khao san rd so it's near everywhere also it's kind of noisy, I asked for a single room, I was impressed because there was a towel and paper on the bed! The room was tiny but very clean, they also have wifi and shared bathrooms

1  Thank Imecmario

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very cheap but being greeted by a sign that reads 'make sure you lock your door as we have had guests that have reported thefts' is not an ideal welcome. The room had only one power outlet, the beds weren't great, the protective grate on our interior window fell off and the door had a break near the lock where there had clearly been a previous break in. You don't get a locker like in most hostels so I had the choice between leave valuables in the room or take them all in my bag which in a touristy area neither is ideal.
I get the impression most guest houses are of a poor standard on Khao San road but this one seems to be down there with the worst. I pleasantly surprised I left with all the possessions I arrived with.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carl S
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

As a solo female traveller this is one of the nicest/safest places ive stayed.
Yes its basic and you literally get a bed, a table and a mirror in your room and Yes theres noise but your seconds away from all the hustle of Khaosan so you have to expect it.
I stayed in a single room with a fan and the fan was a treat, didnt need aircon at all!
Toilets and showers are spot on and the staff are great and friendly.
Im currently on my 5th night here with 2 more to go and havent had a problem yet.
Its full of backpackers and families and everyone seems very happy to be here.
You get a fresh towel when you want and an extra bonus of a toilet roll too!
Id defo recommend this to others. Infact I already have over the 5 days ive already been here! Keep up the good work Kawin Guesthouse!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank safc_ftm4eva
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Staff were rude just sat at reception watching tv didn't even look up at us when we asked questions liked there eyes were glued to the tv rooms dirty would not recommend stating here! I travel a lot around different country's this was my worst experience and I've been to a lot if places.. They should be very disappointed in the business they are running ! Disgusting .this is the 1st review I have ever written hopefully because I took the time to write this I'm helping others to find a alternative to staying here!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Sami127
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Booked in for 2nights but liked it so much we stayed there for another 6. for what you pay you cant complain. Our rooms were clean but being in there so long they wearnt cleaned but if you leave your bin outside the door they change it for you and im sure in request they would clean it for you

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed there for approximately five nights, you can hear the music through the window and it kind of disturbs the sleep.
Although that's a shared toilets and showers there is hot-water in the showers and it is very clean.
A liittle pricy relative for the room you get (400 baht).

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Shalevku
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights in December 2012. Rooms are very small and basic - only bed (very hard - impossible to sleep comfortably) and terrible hot (fan was broken). It´s part of Khao San - so it´s really loud place all the night. Staff is firendly and helpful. The last day, I saw a lot of bugs in the barhroom, so I was a little bit concerned, because my single bed room was next to. But it´s cheap and fine.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangkok
Taris Art Hotel Phrae
#498 of 887 in Bangkok
Thai Cozy House
Thai Cozy House
#739 of 887 in Bangkok

Been to Kawin Place Guesthouse? Share your experiences!