“nice, clean and secure. Good deal”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Kawin Place Guesthouse
Ranked #785 of 895 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We stayed at Kawin place for 8 days, it's on Khaosan-road but we didnt got disturbed by the crazy noise from khaosan-road. And we love the lady there, very helpfull and very kind to us, speak cute thai-english, and loves the cats there. It just feels homey. Though the bed was little hard, but found no biggies. We could still sleep nice. Nice and cleen bathroom. Air conditioner was good - no problem. Its a good deal tho for the price. And also very secure, not like any other guest-house in the center of khaosan. We enjoy my stay here. Would defently come back.

Room Tip: the left side room from the stairs are quiter.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MiMigoRounds

Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stayed here 3 nights/4 days, in a single room on the ground floor, from the 17th of januari. The first day i arrived i saw a huge clutter of hair & soap in the shower. I figured it was just a normal day in a shared bathroom. Unfortunately, three days later the stuff was still there. The bins didnt get cleaned out either. And ofcourse there were plenty of cockroaches, dead & alive scattered around the hallway & bathroom.One cockroach was obstructing my way to the bathroom so i had to go to the guys bathroom several times.
In the end, it was cheap and dirty, and i wont go back there. I wouldnt recommend it to my Friends.

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank JaanaM
Reviewed October 8, 2011

this place is great value if youre on a budget. the rooms are ok and quite clean, its quieter than most hotels as its slightly back from the street so you dont have all the noise from koh san road keeping you up all night.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sophie_roberts
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Kawin Place offers basic rooms with shared bathrooms. The building has a bit of a 'college dorm' feel, but for this area of Bangkok it is good for a night or two. We arrived early in the morning with no booking, and were checked in immediately- they were very accommodating. The guesthouse is located down an alley off of the main road, and we had no problems with excessive noise. The room was clean although a bit old and worn, the wireless worked well, and the staff was helpful. Adorable kittens in the lobby-- they added some character to an otherwise very basic environment. In summary, this guesthouse works well if you are in transit or are just looking for a place to crash for a night or two. If you are looking for anything more than basics, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Staff were physically and verbally abusive and we ended up leaving due to the receptionist attacking us. NOT RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NoodlesNRice
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I like this place because its specious and good price for room
Shared bathroom all times its clean one of good thing is they hold you luggage for just 10bht/ day so most people who like go out Bangkok can keep their heavy bags in hotel and trip around Thailand
Again thi place is not close to sky train stn so either take bus or taxi go around city room are fairly big and clean , with big windows, security cameras all floor , its safe for female traveller

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank idealfitness
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights in Jan 2010 and the room was basic but fine. Good location, cheap etc.. I stayed again for 2 nights in March 2010 and was put in a room with bed bugs. When I realised what it was that was biting me I asked for another room, but they said they had none. It was too late to find somewhere else, so I stayed awake all night, squashing them (and there were a lot) when they came near me.
The next day i checked out and saw staff cleaning with some ineffective bug spray. The signs of bedbugs were everywhere in that room once you know what to look for - there's no way the staff could not have known and it looked like they'd had the infestation for a long time. I told the woman on reception but they obviously don't care or they would stop renting out that room. So, my first experience here was fine but the second a complete nightmare. It almost messed up the rest of my trip and I still worry that I've brought them home with me or passed them on to people I stayed with afterwards. It's not an experience I'd wish on anyone.

Room Tip: Check for bedbugs!
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo