“Inexpensive Price- Descent Location- Good Value for Money”
Review of Malaysia Hotel

Malaysia Hotel
Ranked #400 of 895 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in May, 2012. The hotel is accessible by cab, and they know where they are going from the airport if you provide them with an address. The hotel is descent quality with a nice pool and internet in the building for a small price. The price is quite cheap, so if you are hoping for a very nice hotel with all the fixings- looks elsewhere. Good for the budget traveller. It's quite far from Koh San Road- so if you want to be close- i would look elsewhere. It's good for a gay traveller since its close to the gay area- and they don't seem to charge for extra friend.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Steven O

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel is a good 3 star type hotel offering good value. Location is good with a MTR Station about 7 min walk from the hotel. I found the staff very helpful and went out of their way to give directions and offer advice. If you need a taxi or tour guide the hotel has one on offer for airport drop offs and other trips. Ask for the driver Mr Lee, has worked for the hotel for 51 years and is a wonderful. Very helpful and kind, a real father figure, the hotel should be proud of him. He took me to the airport and saved me from a disaster, I was flying Air Asia and my travel agent put the wrong airport on the ticket and he picked up n it. Thanks Mr Lee.
Plenty shops and restaurants around the hotel, has a nice pool, offers internet, free drinking water in your room and safety box at reception.
I am happy I stayed there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Brian1313
Reviewed October 4, 2012

the hotel is one old hotel, but air con works fine
rooms are nice, nothing more
a swimming pool with lot of boys hanging around...to find some 'friendship'
restaurant is really not good at all, but nearby are two nice restaurants to have nice breakfast, lunch or diner
nice location not far from patong night life
excellent traditional thai massage, excellent prices, and oerfect massages

Room Tip: any room but basic, best is high floor swimming pool view avoid the restaurant!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Guy534
Reviewed September 21, 2012

this is a good hotel for the price you pay. it is a little bit worn off but okay. be carefull though all prices are exclusive the service charge, something i never understood. good service, quiet andcentrally located near important things. every taxidriver knows where it is.

Room Tip: make reservations on forehand and demand room at the poolside
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights a couple of days ago. The maxim you get what you pay for applies to this place.

We booked into a superior room for 2 days. We had to extend our stay in Bangkok by a day, and that was no problem.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. Their English language skills are good and the reception staff were able to extend our stay without us changing rooms.

The room ticked all of my boxes. Air con that works, a hot shower, a sit down toilet and cable TV.

The bed was hard, but that is to be expectEd

Room Tip: get a view of the pool if you can
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night on my recent visit to Bangkok. My first thought on the hotel was it looked clean and basic. The room was clean, however the staff at the reception were unfriendly. They have a pool which I didn't use but it did look clean. After checking in I went to the cafe for a coffee, in the cafe I felt a little uneasy and something wasn't quite right. I later found out the hotel is a gay hotel which didn't bother me, however the 'boys of the night' did. I didn't feel comfortable staying at the hotel where this sort of thing was happening right in-front the guests so I checked out early the next morning. The hotel is basic and a little over-priced for what it is as nothing is included, Wifi wasn't included but you can buy the password. There are nicer hotels for a cheaper nice in the aera.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank girltraveller139
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed here almost 4 years ago & always remember the Pool I loved it & the Tanning Chairs
The internet was ok (but you had to pay) but that was ok too
I own a hotel now in Patong / Phuket / Thailand the Phuket Tropical Inn & have made my place as comfortable as this one if not better its not Gay Exclusive but as I am gay EVREYONE is WELCOME
I actually forgot the name of this place but was looking through pool photos & remebered that I had not left feedback & was happy that I had found it again
we are coming to Bangkok again soon & I look forward to staying there again
Lindsay

Room Tip: go to MBK it is great shopping
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo