“Disgusted”

Ranked #706 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
Sydney, Australia
“Disgusted”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I had booked and paid on line as I have done with all of my bookings with the Accor and previously have never had an issue BUT this hotel woul NOT accept my paper working indicating that I had paid Accor would not assist me over the phone. Really disappointed with Accor and The hotel. We booked a family room indicated at time of booking that there was two adults two children. We arrived and were given one king size bed the children were expected to sleep on a lounge with no linen.

Having to pay twice for a dirty and smelly hotel. We wanted to book a day trip and was told to catch a boat and look around they would not book a day trip for us. Asked them if they could exchange Aus dollars into Baht for me was told to go to a bank. When I joined the Accor I expected that the hotels they are link to would be of a certain standard and service was sadly mistaken.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ASVoices, Manager at The Seasons Bangkok Huamark, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Sir

Thank you for taking your valued time to inform us of the dissatisfaction you have encountered during your recent stay with us.

After investigation with concerned staff, I would explain that firstly your booking is prepaid condition which normally Accor had to charge upon the time of booking, unfortunately your case is different because your credit card has a security code and decline the charge that is why you understood that it has been already charged. Therefore we have to ask again your credit card upon check in. Our Front Office Manager tried to explain by connecting the phone to wherever you required connecting to clear cut for you but the result was as you knew.

With reference to family room, your booking mentioned for Jr. suite room which we can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children sharing with existing bed with parents, and also in this room type we also have sofa bed where the guest can use; at All Seasons, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer, therefore at the end our Front Office was so kind to arrange extra bed for you to at least make you to satisfy, I believed.

Thirdly, we very much appreciate your constructive comment regarding the room cleanliness. This issue has been well noted. Please rest assured that our Assistant Housekeeper has been noted and he will take immediately action to rectify the problem. An appropriate training will surely be conducted to all Housekeepers in order to improve the level of cleanliness standard accordingly.
We never ever refused to book a day trip if you asked for it but you just asked only information where to go and how to go only. Lastly, to exchange AUS dollar at the hotel counter, Front Office staff member has presented the rate to you but the exchange rate is not reached your expectation so that they recommend to exchange the rate at the bank to get the better rate where the bank is also closed to the hotel just a distance walk (across the street).

Sir, we did not take your comments as negative one as I only appreciate for all kind of comments from your constructive comments, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I stayed in AccorHotels in different countries. This was the worst. A small room, bad internet connection, a nasty smell in the corridors. Too far away from the center.
I was sharing the room with one of my colleagues, we paid for 2, yet the hotel refused to give us separate internet pass. Every other day you have to ask for a new password.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2012

not sure about reviews that say this hotel is centrally located. it's not: bangkok centre is about 60 minutes away in taxi.
paid for 3 nights up front..they didn't want to give me 3 x 24 hours wi fi codes because today i'm checking out. evening manager said he would book me a taxi in the morning staff had not been told, did not understand english: no taxi booked; photographs illustrate: lift carpet dirty and smelly; room smelly; air conditioning noisy and inefficient; unidentified brown stain on quilt; nail holding shower together; overheating plug...kettle melting; hairdryer not working windows dirty; everything dirty; room furniture warping plywood. room 630. there are other all seasons and ibis hotels in bangkok. other reviews could be confusing hotels. we definitely stayed in Ramkhamhaeng. my advice: invest in IBIS..someone must be profitting out of this...the money is definitely not being reinvested in this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ChinaBuddy
ASVoices, Manager at The Seasons Bangkok Huamark, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the All Seasons Bangkok Huamark. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We did not take your comments as negative one as I only appreciate for all kind of comments from your constructive comments. As mentioned, we use guest comments for training topics, operation improvement and integrate future investment plan as much as possible.

Once again, thanks for your valuable time taken and gave us your constructive comments.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Had a great experience here! I stayed here for 1 night on 13 December, 2012 for my last night of 5 nights in BKK. My rate was 603 THB (about $20.54 USD) for a basic single room with a decent sized bed. My rate was a special rate contracted by a U.S. airline carrier. The normal rate is about $10 more.
The hotel is a little out of the way from major Bangkok attractions; I chose it for its proximity to the airport. Not so much AT the airport, but closer than the hotels in central BKK, and much cheaper. Getting around BKK from here is easy, it just may take a bit more time than if you're staying in the center of the city. Taxis are readily available as is the train. The hotel is located about a mile-ish from the new airport rail. I arrived by riding the train from Makkasan to Ramakampaeng station for a few baht. Getting off at Ramakampaeng I jumped on the back of a motor scooter taxi, who delivered me to the hotel for 40 baht. The trip was a total of 20 minutes and cost about $1.50
Check-in was quick and pleasant. The desk manager was very polite and informative, and I was offered a very nice cool orange juice welcome drink. I had booked a single room, just basic accommodation for the night. My room was on the 7th floor. Elevator worked fine with no waiting like in some hotels. The room was clean and well made up. The bed was clean, comfortable and large enough for 2 people, I believe it was a queen size bed. The room has a phone, TV, mini refrigerator, closet, desk, mini bar, but no safe in the room. The bathroom had a sink, toilet and shower. The shower was hot and had good water pressure to wash away the Bangkok dirt and sweat! The zircon worked like a champ, I woke up in the middle of the night, freezing, and turned it off.
The restaurant is open for dining or room service 24 hours, which is convenient, but the prices seemed a little bit steep. A bowl of noodle soup is somewhat pricey at 145 baht. Those noodles can be had out on the main road for 30 or 40 baht, nearly a quarter the price. I cannot comment on the quality of the food in the restaurant since I didn't eat there and missed the comp breakfast. Mini bar prices are reasonable, and it's very well stocked with several different beers, sodas, gatorade, tea, club soda, juices, mid-sized bottles (not those tiny little mini bottles) of Jack Daniels, JW Black Label, Gordon's gin, Smirnoff, chips, nuts, chocolate and a box of condoms.
Walk a block to the top of the soi. There, you will find some American fast food places and a Starbucks. Take a left and walk a few minutes to find some excellent Thai food street stalls cooking up everything you can imagine. I had some delicious bah-mee noodles and a fruit shake (60 baht, $2 total) at a food stall area just off the main road next to a Family Mart, Along here are the obligatory Thai sidewalk market vendors selling mostly clothing. Further along, there is an elevated crossover where you can go to the opposite side of the street. I went across the road and back toward the hotel. At the corner of soi 16, I saw a Thai massage place on the 2nd floor that is very cheap at 140 baht an hour. I indulged in a 2 hour massage for under $10 that left me feeling like a human rubber band. Perfect relaxation before a long flight home. A few blocks down there is another elevated crossover (with moving walkways!) to take you back to the proper side of the road and back to soi 15 and the All Seasons. I enjoyed the neighborhood here quite a bit. There are not many Farangs hanging around this neighborhood, so it is an authentic Bangkok experience.
Since my flight left very early, the desk manager offered to have the restaurant fix up a box lunch for me to take out since I would be departing before the breakfast (which was included in my room rate). The box lunch was decent--a chicken sandwich, croissant and bottled water.
I had a very good night's rest, the wakeup call was spot on time and they had a meter cab waiting to take me to the airport. Hotel to Suvarnabhumi airport was 150 baht.
Overall I give the All Seasons Huamark hotel excellent marks for service, facilities and comfort. The local area is definitely not geared toward tourists, and if that's okay, you should enjoy this place. If the location is okay for your Bangkok travel needs, I enthusiastically give the hotel 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SiamJam
Dear Sir

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the all seasons Bangkok Huamark. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We will continue our little efforts at every minutes ensuring our guests enjoy their stay and left Thailand with good memories. And eventually if our small efforts are appreciated by our guests, it is our real pressure and joyful moment.

I will share yor comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank your again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights:

Pretty good place neat and clean, Breakfast: Indian food options are kind of limited.
Not near to the center of Bangkok (a travel of at least 45 Min’s).

Biggest mistake they did: did not give my messages left by my guide in time, it was given to me after I asked for it and by then it was too late.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ASVoices, Manager at The Seasons Bangkok Huamark, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the All Seasons Bangkok Huamark. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies regarding the delayed message. After receiving your useful feedback, please rest assured that an appropriate training will surely be conducted to all Front Office staff members in order to improve the customer’s focus.