“Delicious Spicy Food and Good Service”

Esaan Nation Kitchen
Ranked #1,293 of 12,404 Restaurants in Bangkok
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Thai restaurant, specializing in food from the Esaan North Eastern region of Thailand. Great value authentic food and a friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed June 24, 2018

I came upon Esaan Nation Kitchen whilst wandering around one night in Sukhumvit.

Let me say this place was a good discovery. If you like spicy foods, it's a good choice. I ordered the Tom Yum soup, and it was definitely the most complex and strong-tasting Tom Yum soup I've tasted. The quantity of shrimp was generous, though I was a bit frustrated that many of the ingredients were not edible and apparently were just present for seasoning / spice purposes.

I had some problems communicating with the people here. The food came with some kind of mystery sprout vegetables as appetizers - see the photo in this review. I tried to ask the staff if you eat the whole vegetable, or just the seeds inside. The message didn't get across, but somehow they brought me another plate of the vegetables. A strange experience of good service indeed, but it was not what I was expecting!

Regardless, the pricing here is fair and I think Essan Nation Kitchen merits a repeat visit.

Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

Verry spicy food, the glass noodles seafood and Laab kai recommended of You like spicy Isaan Thai food, this is the place to be, friendly staff

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Red curry was spicey but had medium heat, this allowed the flavour to really hit the pallet. It was salty, sour and slightly sweet. Had me salivating and trying to scoop up every last bit of curry.
Sticky rice was also sensational. Mango wasnt too ripe, and again, the perfect balance of salty and sweet. Being the first time I'd tried this dish i was impressed. It wasnt too sweat, very morish.

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

Real sized food, the deep fried prawns I highly recommend there huge servings for a great price and the Green Curry is delicious!

Reviewed March 10, 2018

This is a small little place on Sukhumvit road at less than a five minute walk from the Sukhumvit station. We tried a few Thai dishes and they were quite delicious and the service was also warm and quick. All in all, a good place for a taste of local cuisine, at reasonable prices.