Wild Orchid Villa Khaosan
$85
$159
$91
Travelocity
All reviewskhao san roadtravel deskno elevatorrestaurant downstairsrooms are basicsoi rambuttrigrand palacehot showerdouble bedthe riverbars and restaurantsmin walkensuiteayutthayamadnessrooftopstalls
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed 3night. no balcony room. with AC
room was looks old but clean. 800baht per day.
maybe i can find good room more than here with same price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This place has a great location, decent rooms, and a great vibe in the street-level lounge/restaurant. However, a couple of the staff at the reception were extremely unfriendly, even rude. I was ignored while standing at the desk on several occasions, while the staff were talking amongst themselves or playing with their cell phone. Communication was not courteous, and certainly without the hint of a smile. They did not try to accommodate or even explain their policies. I was made to feel as if this establishment did not care much about my business. I should point out that one of the staff was friendly and wished us a nice trip as we were checking out.

I was also disappointed that they tried to overcharge us for the transfer to the airport. When the shuttle bus turned out to be full, they offered to arrange a taxi for 450 B. We opted instead to flag our own taxi out front at 4am. It only cost us 350 B, and I did not bargain particularly hard.

I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Right in the middle of Ko San Road, this was a good little place to stay. The room was small and so was the bathroom, but both were clean. Very easy to get around and sight see around Bangkok. The restaurant was decent. Staff were nice all around. The lady at the travel desk helped us book our bus ride to Hua Hin and was very helpful. Some people have complained about the stairs, but no place in Thailand has elevators, so you'll have to tone up your legs. Would recommend for travelers looking for a cheap guesthouse.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have stayed here many times and while living in Thailand brought my mum to stay here. THe first impressive part of this place is the location which is down a little lane about 5 mins away from the hustle and bustle of khao san road, next to the temple. The restaurant, bar and internet cafe downstairs are all lovely decorated and the staff helpful and a great atmosphere. In the rooms you really get what you pay for, I stayed in a single room with fan which was basially a cupboard with no window and a bed, but I didnt mind at the time considering the price. The rooms with AC are decent and clean, and the rooms you pay a little more for with a balcony are lovely and very comfortable. You can pretty much stay here on any budget.

Room Tip: If you can afford to, get a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed here twice, once at the beginning of our trip and once at the end. Rooms were reasonable and comfortable, glad I went for the deluxe as it had a window. Can get noisy if there are large groups. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends