“Great food, but in a mall??”

Laem Charoen Seafood - Central World
Ranked #255 of 10,959 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Neighborhood: Siam
Description: Seafood Restaurant
Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
“Great food, but in a mall??”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Disclaimer: this is a restaurant chain, so perhaps others have had the opportunity to eat in other restaurants, like in Rayong or Chiang Mai. Anyway, the food was fabulous! We had a wide variety of dishes, and none were short of excellent. The staff was also amiable and efficient. The only downside for me was that I had to have this experience in a mall. Admittedly, my dislike for malls may not be generalized, but I think such food deserved a more relaxed context. As it was, being in a mall, turn-around is key and we ended up feeling slightly rushed, which was a shame. But returning to the food: I've been travelling regularly to Thailand since 1995, and can honestly say the food served here was one of the most memorable.

• Visited July 2014

• Thai first
A TripAdvisor Member
“Delicious seafood”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I went with my wife after we asked our tour guide for a good seafood restaurant. It didn't disappoint, the menu had everything you want. They had so many crab dishes we weren't sure what to choose but we ended up buying the crab coconut curry and it was yummy!! The price was fantastic for a well presented restaurant. They also had a live band playing and the table settings were fantastic. I would definitely eat there again.

Oslo, Norway
“We'll be back”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was our second visit to this restaurant and we went a bit crazy ordering ending up with six dishes for two people. And we really enjoyed all of them. The crab in curry might be the favourite but the New Zealand green shells were also very good as well as the oysters.
With a bottle of white wine it totalled a little short of 4000 Bath which seemed reasonable for that amount of quality food.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank SawadeeOslo
Vienna, Austria
“Fantastic Thai Seafood”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I have been living in Bangkok for more than four years, and this shop has some of the finest Thai seafood the city has to offer. There are multiple shops, I've always visited the one in Central World, which seems to be very popular with locals, you rarely see foreigners there. My last visit was this January. I love their Tom-Yum-Goong soup, the grilled prawns and the yellow crab curry. At dinner time the place is often full, so call ahead or stop by for a reservation. Interior and ambiance are nothing special, service is very good, as it is common in Thailand.

• Visited January 2014
“the best deep fried sea bass”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

don't forget to order they best seller food "deep fried sea bass in sweet fish sauce" and steamed egged squid with chilli,garlic, and lime sauce

Visited June 2014