“Two sides to this place”
Review of Grace Hotel

Grace Hotel
Ranked #813 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was dropped off at this hotel by the taxi driver because he assumed I was muslim due to the color of my skin. I rented a hotel room for 1300 baht per night and I was led to what turned out to be the old side of the hotel. It was a dingy room and my view out the window was the backside to one of the letters that made up GRACE HOTEL. I figured I was only going to spend a couple of nights so I didn't sweat it too much but I ended up having to stay a couple of extra days before I could get my flight out to Phuket I requested a better room. At this time I was told I still owed for the previous two nights and when I told him I had paid he didn't believe me. I told him I had a receipt as proof which he wanted to see. Even then he was convinced I hadn't paid. It was only when the original woman I had dealt with came into work I was able to prove that I had paid as she confirmed this. I then went over to the other side of the hotel which is much better and cleaner! This hotel is about 99 percent Muslim. The majority of the middle eastern women that hang out in this hotel are prostitutes and expensive ones! There is a disco bar in the hotel which pumps out music but once again it caters to the muslims. Personally I wouldn't stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the new side are much better.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Vik_R72

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Most of the people know grace hotel in Bangkok. I stayed the hotel several times and I am very happy with it, no problem at all.
Nice and wide rooms clean and tidy.

It is also good for Muslims because it has Mosque in the second floor where where it is very reachable place to find and easy for those who are not able to go to anywhere else to go for his prayers with well settings.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank lordcom2009
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Jeez, is this place still going. I remember it from the 70's, in particular the coffee shop where the girls from the bars who had not copped off with anyone would go after work . Wonderful bargains were to be had. Can't remember anything about the rest of the hotel, but I'm sure it was excellent in every way.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Micky_Mayer
Reviewed January 31, 2013

i have stayed there many times, i find it a great place, the rooms are big ,clean and updated now. so all u grumpy people, this is real thailand in the heart of everthing you need, no cabs,,,nice pool, and foyer, and ameneties are good, 5 min to foodland, at last 1400 bht, a good deal,and tollway easy to get to if flying, so happy days.

Room Tip: middle block.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
15  Thank michael h
Reviewed January 18, 2013

the last review i wrote i still stand by it was here with friends and its still the same the same old bad rooms rude staff and lots of girls for us it was the place to be cause we were singles and were there for some fun but family and couples are a no no

Room Tip: in the new wing
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank irfanind
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I have been twice to this hotel. It's located to the centre of all the nearby attractions. The red district is walk able distance & so are the massages. The hotel has in room massage & even in the basement. Superb place & the club "Shock" is nearby, all you need to do is board a cab, tell him that you want to go to shock (They pronounce it as chowk) its free & you don't have to pay for the cab because the club shock will pay them. One of the best party place is shock. YOu can get a suite for 1700-2200 BHT. Good security & room service. It has swimming pool. Overall a lovely place. There is a lane on the right hand side of the hotel which is full of Muslim halal food. Yummy :D

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
13  Thank Abids21
Reviewed July 22, 2012

first time i was staying in grace hotel since 5 years ago it was my trip of bangkok for visit i feel every thing is good there so now i have many trip of there thailnd every time i staying in grace hotel i say to my friend if they go to bangkok for visit so staying in grace hotel specially it has a nice lobby and service.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends