2,385 results
All reviewsdepartment storewashing machinethe riverrobinson shopping malltops supermarketsaphan taksin bts stationfull kitchenferry piergrand suitestreet foodstate towerhuge roomdirect accessa river view roomchao phrayasmall kitchenserviced apartment
Reviewed March 19, 2010

Spent 5 nights here in a studio room with beautiful river view and was sad to leave but appreciative of the high level of service and lovely staff. Ours was spacious and immaculately furnished room with great aircon. Breakfast was the best we had over our 5 week stay in Thailand and catered to all tastes - super fresh, a great variety and a beautiful dining room.
Location was superb as others have gone to great lengths to explain so I wont elaborate. You'd find it difficult to better this very professionally run hotel and I'm already looking forward to my next stay at the Center Point and fantastic Bangkok.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2010

We stayed in a 1-bedroom suite at The Centre Point Silom for 3 nights from 9/3/2010 to 12/3/2010.

Our room was extremely spacious and was kept spotlessly clean everyday by the cleaning staff. Everything works as it should be and is sparkingly new. Its definitely not worn down in looks or having weird mouldy smells that some older hotels have been accused of. Feels just like a home away from home, that when its time to leave there was a sense of reluctance in us.

Will not elaborate too much on the in room facilities as they have all been covered already by previous post. Will instead provide more useful infos/tips for travellers wanting to stay in this hotel .

View the pics and video I had taken of my room to see how it looks like. They say it all. Generally everything is superb (well, at least the bedroom suite that I stayed in anyway). My fav is the airconditioning tho - powerful, quiet and efficient. After a hot day walk in the baking Bangkok streets, nothing beats coming back to a cold cold room. Simply loathe staying in any hotel which has an a/c that produces more noise than cold air.

Description :- The CP Silom is adjoined with the Robinson Store (Bangrak). Before proceeding on any further, I have to say that the address (ie.Charoen Krung Soi 50) stated in the offical website is not exactly correct.
The main entrance proper to the check in lobby is facing Soi 46, not Soi 50. Soi 50 is a narrow lane lined with street vendors and hawkers selling their wares. Though it can also have access to the hotel thru a side entrance of the Robinson Store, it isnt that convenient for arriving guests with luggages to alight from their taxi for checking in.

Tell the taxi/tuk tuk driver when going to the hotel the address of Charoen Krung Soi 46 instead. Or otherwise tell them Robinson Bangrak ,which all of them would be familar with - (specify the word "Bangrak" ,which is like a district coz there are quite a few Robinsons in other districts of Bankok). When you see the big Robinson Store coming up, just tell them Soi 46. Its just a short 40-50m side lane off the main road,beside the Robinson.The proper entrance to CP Silom check in lobby (with glass doors,steps and awning and all) is right at the end of this short lane. I have attached photos of this lane to help visitors better visualise how it looks like when approaching this entrance.

How to get in and out of the hotel :- There are basically 2 ways to get in/out of the hotel. Firstly, thru the hotel main entrance itself (at Soi 46) and secondly, thru 3 exits/entrances of the Robinson store. (PS - The store closes and opens fm 10am-10pm. So will be the entrances/exits.)
There is a glass door exit from the hotel lift lobby that leads directly into the Robinson Store. This exit is always manned by the very friendly hotel security guard who will held open the door for you as you pass thru ,and will even offer you a salute too !! :)

The first exit of the Robinson Store leads to Soi 46, and its just almost alongside the hotel main entrance. The second one is next to the Macdonald and if you exit from there you come right out to the main Thanon Charoen Krung road. You will find some street vendors selling their stuffs here and after abt 6pm, there is a mini night market too. The third exit is extremely useful if you are going to take the BTS skytrain or the Chao Phraya express boats from the Sathorn Pier (Central). This is the exit I used the most often.
Once you had entered Robinson, thru the manned glass door exit from the hotel lobby, turned right and head for the Pharmacist section of the store. The third exit is just right next to it. Outside this exit is Soi 50, where there's quite a lot of street food vendors here. (Try the pushcart BBQ stall which is just at the front of the exit, manned by a lady. The BBQ squid is yummy! But she has a nasty habit of wanting to charge more for tourist, I suspect. Haha ! But its just 10bhts anyway. So no big deal.)

Getting to the BTS and river pier : - As you come out of the third exit from Robinson, cross the small street (Soi.50) and you will see some ATMs there. To the right of these ATMs, there is a small little alleyway which is only about 30m long at most. Do not be afraid, just cut thru this alleyway and you will come out right beneath the BTS track.
Turn right and you will be heading for the Sathorn Pier (see photos attached), where you can take the orange coloured flag express boats to places like Si Phraya (River City), Yaowarat (Chinatown), Grand Palace etc.
This is the fastest and shortest way to get to the BTS and the pier from CP Silom. 5 mins flat - no matter how slow a walker you are ! :) I have done it many times during my trip. Sometimes even coming back late at night around 11pm plus. No problem. The alley is actually a front for residence homes and is extremely short. As you enter it, you can already see the other end of it.

Using the Chao Phraya Express boat :- Though this is not exactly pertaining to the hotel review per se, I think it is useful to provide some infos here for travellers opting to stay in CP Silom, as one of its main advantage is because of its proximity to the Chao Phraya river - which offer an additional means of getting around in BKK besides the usual BTS, MRT and taxis/tuks tuks for tourists. It would be a waste not making use of the river boats to get around when you are staying at a riverside hotel.
I was initially quite apprehensive about taking the river express boats becoz it sounded so complicated.But it is actually quite easy really.
There are various type of river boats - express boats for the locals (coloured-flagged boats) and the Tourist Boats. Forget abt the Tourist Boat. It is not neccessary and of ocz, its more expensive, needless to say. Something like 150 bhts or so.
Take the local express boat. Dun concern yrself with memorising what coloured flag boat goes where and operates at what timing and interval. Our holiday time is too short (so is life) to be doing all these. These stuffs are for the locals who know it at their finger tips. Just go for the orange-colour flag boats. They are easy becoz they stop at all the various pier and have a flat rate of 13bhts/pax. Must be one of the cheapest form of transportation this side of heaven. And fast too. Intervals on average, they say, are 20mins. But I never have to wait for more than 10mins each time I take one.
Payment is even easier. Sometimes at the front of the pier there will be this little table where a person will be selling the boat ticket. Most times, however, no one is there. Cudnt be easier then. Just join the queue at the pier when you see a boat approaching the pier with a orange-colour flag flapping merrily on top of it.
Hop onto the boat and when a lady conductress (see pic attached) come jinggling jing with her coin box, just pay her the fare.Remember the fare is just a measly 13 bhts k, so for crying out loud, dun go paying her with a 100 or worse 500 bhts. LOL ! I always get ready the exact change of 26 bhts in coins, for my partner and I.
The boats can be pretty crowded during peak hours as this is meant for the locals, but if you are not taking it to the other end of the planet, but just a coupla of stops away at most touristy spots, then its only just a 10 or 15 mins affair. Enjoy the wind in the hair, the ocassional splash of river water (haha) and the taste of the local way of life for a pittance !! What more can one ask for eh ?;)
One very impt thing tho.......do at least try and do some homework b4 the start of yr hol, and know exactly where you are going and at which pier you must get off. Like its name said, its a "express" boat......it aint gonna wait long once at a pier.It will just bang alongside the pier , people hop off, and away it goes. The fastest I had ever timed it alongside was all of 45 secs.
So, when you board the boat dun get too excited and rush forward to the front seat in the hope of getting a better view or what. The getting on and off the boat is all from the rear. Make sure you are somewhere rear-wise (or aft-wise in nautical term ;P ) for a fast exit, when your stop is coming up .
The piers in the boats route-map along the Chao Phraya river are named and numbered. Heres just some of the usual tourist spots piers' name and nos to break you in.
From CP Silom, the Sathorn (or Central) Pier is numbered as Pier 1. As the pier goes upriver (north), the pier no. increases. To River City is Si Phraya (Pier 3), Chinatown is Ratchawongse Pier (Pier no.5) and Grand Palace is Tha Chang Pier (Pier no.9). A map showing the route of the boats and pier name/nos.can be easily obtained either thru online or brochures from any tourists booths everywhere.

Advantage :- The advantge of staying in a place like CP Silom is of coz due to its closeness to the river. So ,for river-related tourist activities like the Chao Phraya river dinner cruises, CP Silom wud have a one up as against those hotel which are more centralised downtown.
We make use of this advantage to end our holiday in BKK with a Chao Phraya Princess dinner cruise - which turned out to be the highlight of our trip. Most CP Princess dinner cruises agencies charge abt 1400bhts/pax and they boast abt "free transport transfer" to/fro hotel. But there's actually an amt of abt 200-300 bhts (depending on individual agency) included in the cruise rate for transport purposes. After almost going thru ALL the various agencies, I managed to get hold of one ( http://www.hotels2thailand.com/bangkok-day-trips/Bangkok-Chao-Phraya-Princess-Cruise.asp ) which has the lowest dinner cruise rate. They told me that if I proceed myself to the River City pier to board the cruise, without the need for transport transfer, they can offer me a total of 1740bhts for 2 persons. Thats like more than a 1000bhts lesser than the usual offer rate fm most agencies. Of coz I grab the deal since CP Silom is so near to the riverside. Took a cab there and it cost me only 40bhts one way. 2 ways 80bhts. So if you are staying in CP Silom and are going for river dinner cruise, book one that does not offer a transport transfer - free or otherwise. Cab fares in BKK are extremely cheap and if your cruise starts from the River City pier (Si Phraya), which most do, then its like only slightly more than a kilometer away.

Initially I had wanted to book Centre Point Petchaburi or the Grand Diamond Hotel at the Pratunam downtown shopping district. But am glad that I did not and chose the CP Silom instead. After having been to Pratunam for shopping and other downtown areas too, coming back to CP Silom is like a respite from all the chaotic madness I see everywhere in town. If you stay in CP Petchaburi, the moment yr taxi left the hotel and hit the main road outside, it will be almost at a standstill coz the traffic at the Petchaburi road is real bad. I know coz when I was there I made a detour to have a peep of the CP Petchaburi. Am I glad I chose CP Silom instead.
Was initially worried that it wasnt in the heart of town and its slightly off-centred by the riverside. But after staying there, we found that to be a plus point instead of a minus one. Not so busy and gridlocked with cars everywhere , yet its just a 15-20 mins taxi ride if we wanna go to the shopping areas like Pratunam. The cab ride there is only abt 70bhts.

One advice for other travellers not to make the same mistake as what we did tho......upon checking into our room, we were delighted to see that the staff had arranged a wonderfully romantic heart-shape display made of fresh rose petals on our bed. After taking pics and videos of the beautiful presentation ,we just cudnt resist the temptation anymore and jumped onto the bed and rolled around in the flower petals. When we had enough of that we got off the bed and......horror horror !!!....the colour from the rose petals had rubbed off onto the nice WHITE clean sheets with all that rolling and the whole bedsheet was badly stained with red & purple !!

I had read in some other hotels reviews that if the bedcover or sheet is stained too badly with drinks or food, or if your young ones peed on them, you are required to pay a rather hefty sum to get the stains removed. So with heart in our mouth (and a sheepish look too), we explained to the nice lady at the reception what had happened the next morning, before we set off for our sightseeing. She just smiled and said she will take care of it. When we got back to the room in the evening, the discriminating sheet was gone, replaced by a new one and they did not charge a single cent for it or even brought the matter up thereafter. Kudos to them, I say !! My impression of them went up several notches coz that alone says a lot of how much they emphasize on customers service, rather than just counting mere dollars and cents !:D

So, if you are a couple staying there and if they present a pretty flower petal presentation on the nice clean bed....admire it, take pics and pose with it.....but never jump onto it and roll around with it ! LOL

Would def be back as and when we are in BKK next time.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Lucas4060
Reviewed March 2, 2010

We paid in total about 100 € for a 2 nights stay in a large and modern equipped riverview studio with huge shower corner. There was even a washing machine (with washing product provided) and it was quite easy to operate. The location is good, close to Central Pier for water taxi, although we used taxis and tuk-tuks most of the time. We appreciated the international channels on TV. We were surprised by a “big brother” channel where you could watch live what was happening at the reception area.
The staff is very nice, polite, and most helpful.
I actually left my credit card at the reception at the check-out and they notified me directly and – on my request – they sent the cc by express mail to our next address.
Our stay in the hotel (and probably the Thai mentality in general) made me feel so comfortable that did not have a slightest fear of any bad intention with my cc.
I would like to thank the hotel staff for their proffesionality and excellent service.

• Stayed: January 2010
1  Thank ratje
Reviewed March 1, 2010

We stayed one night before getting flight home. It is spotlessly clean, everything looks brand new. Lovely pool, great breakfast, friendly staff. The room was more like an apartment with washing machine and hob. Good location, would recommend. Great value.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BerlinDublin
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Stayed there three night. Well located, close to night life and markets. Breakfast need a bit of improve but seems that Thai hostels all have same breakfasts problem.
Enjoyed the pool and room service. Nothing bad to say.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business