2,382 results
All reviewsdepartment storewashing machinethe riverrobinson shopping malltops supermarketsaphan taksin bts stationfull kitchenferry piergrand suitestreet foodstate towerhuge roomdirect accessa river view roomchao phrayasmall kitchenserviced apartment
Reviewed January 8, 2010

This hotel was recommended to us as a great alternative to the pricey next-door Shangri-la (we had to attend a job fair at that hotel), and we owe the recommenders a huge thanks. In all honesty, having seen numerous Shangri-la rooms during interviews at the fair, I believe the rooms at the Centre Point are nicer. Our room is spacious and equipped with kitchen and washer; the rooms are elegant and comfortable. The service is impeccable: nowhere else of many excellent places we've stayed in Thailand boasted friendlier, more generous staff. The skyline view surrounding the pool is beautiful, and the breakfast buffet is excellent. Reliable wifi is free, which as we've learned is not necessarily standard in big Thai hotels. Rooms are very slightly dated (for example, ours contains a 1980's-style stereo with dual cassette deck!), which is the only reason I can see for the cost, which is much lower than the nearby behemoths. Of course, Silom is not the best part of town for a leisurely vacation stay in Bangkok, but if you have reason to be located here, I can't see you doing much better than the Centre Point, and certainly not for the same price. I wish we had more days here - I hate to leave.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jessbarga
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I had chosen and booked most of the accommodation during our month in Southeast Asia, so I gave my husband carte blanche when it came to a Bangkok hotel - the Centre Point is what he decided upon, and we were both 100% delighted with his choice.
This hotel was lovely: the rooms were large and bright and well-appointed (even a kitchenette, which we didn't use because of the abundance of deliciousness everywhere we turned) and very clean. The shower was heavenly. Breakfast was sensational. The pool was a treat after a hot and humid day out (and we were usually the only people enjoying it!). The staff was attentive and polite. The location, though, was the icing on the cake - just a short walk to the Chao Phraya river taxi, which we tried to use whenever we could - an experience!
We did have a problem during our second night - our room connected to the one next door, and its occupant was very AUDIBLE; we could hear, through the doorframe, every word he shouted into his telephone, and every dialogue on his television until I called downstairs after midnight to complain. They phoned him to ask him to keep things quiet (I heard that too), which he did, and the next day they were kind enough to move us to a different room, a non-connecting one, which was a relief.
Our stay at the Centre Point was one of the most comfortable and enjoyable of our trip, and we would not hesitate to stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2010

great hotel - very friendly staff, good facilities, swimming pool. An central for the river water taxis.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Centre Point Silom was the best hotel we stayed at on our holiday. We loved the room, the location, the friendly staff , the breakfast (these were WOW; Oohh , the coffee), the pool overlooking BBK. I could not find fault with this hotel; great value; except for not having free internet.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2010

This new hotel was wonderful! The rooms were large, nicely decorated & clean, as were the bathrooms. There is a balcony off the room with great views of Bangkok. The location is fabulous! Right near the sky train and walking distance to the river boats on the Chao Phraya. Tons of shopping around, especially all the gem stone stores and tailors! Nice pool. The service was incredible!! We actually forgot some clothes in our room when we left the hotel and they held them for us until we returned to Bangkok after touring Thailand.
I strongly recommend this hotel! The hotel breakfast was great until I found a worm in my food...but hey, not everything can be perfect.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple