“Great value near river in Bangkok”

Ranked #96 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
New Jersey
“Great value near river in Bangkok”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

For an very reasonable price, we got an well equipped, large apartment style room with beautiful river views. The staff was good - responsive & helpful. The location affords easy access to both river transport and mass transport. Literally on top of department store as well as Western style restaurant choices. Outside pool area was nice.

The only downside was there is very little nightlife -- restaurant choices within walking distance. To go out in evenings, cab is necessary.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MartyGirl
Tanasit T, Executive Assistant Manager at Centre Point Hotel Silom, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear MartyGirl,

Thank you very much for your kind comment and your support at our Centre Point Hotel Silom. I would like recommend you to go to the Asiatique if you like to see a nightlife in Bangkok. There is a complimentary round trip boat between the Sathorn pier (the closest pier to our Hotel) and Asiatique. You could ask for more information at our front desk.

Email: tanasit.t@centrepoint.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Australia
Reviewed August 21, 2014

The staff were excellent - nothing was too much trouble although some were less fluent in English than others. The rooms were great, well equipped with a full size fridge, microwave, stove, oven and sink. The beds were comfortable and the air-conditioning adjustable. Our party had rooms on various floors but the room on the 23rd floor was much larger than the others on the lower floors. The views from the balcony on the 23rd floor was great.

The location was ultra-convenient: next to a main wharf to catch the ferry (tourist and commuter) and five minutes from a BTS station.

Next door there is a medium size shopping mall with a large western style supermarket that sells local and imported food and drinks – fresh, frozen and chilled as well as general grocery items. The mall also has a large food section selling everything from noodles to donuts, it also have quite a few mobile phones vendors, jewellers and clothes shops.

There are also quite a few convenience stores (7/11s) nearby and lots of street food vendors. There are also a couple of tailors, a Clarkes shoe shop and other various shops nearby. Although crossing the street to get to some of them might be a challenge!

There were quite a few more westernised restaurants in easy walking distance and it is a short walk to a rooftop bar (Lebua).

The pool was great - although it is a shame that they tolerate cigarette smoking around the pool.

We were really happy with this hotel and recommend it.

Room Tip: Pay the additional extra and upgrade to a room on the 23rd+ floor - you get a useable balcony and th...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Tanasit T, Executive Assistant Manager at Centre Point Hotel Silom, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear helenmcd,

Thank you for choosing our Centre Point Hotel Silom for your "Alway a good time" experience. I would like you to know how much we appreciated your recognition of our fine hotel and for the many kind words you expressed to our staff during your stay.

I am looking forward to welcoming and servicing you.

Macau, China
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My mother and I have stayed at Centre Point Silom, BKK for 6 nights, from 01 - 07AUG2014, the location excellent, Robinson department store is downstars where you can find supermarket, MacDonald, and even a Market is nearby where you can buy fresh fruit. Within 5 mins walk will reach the pier where you can take the free shuttle boat to Asiatique. The room is spacious, with washing machine with automatic wash and dry function. The pool is lovely, with GYM and Sauna room. The breakfast is excellent, with changing manu everyday and coffee and cake is excellent.The free drink in the Lobby is impressive which can not be found in many other hotel in Bangkok I have stayed.The staff standing at the connection door between the hotel and Robinson is always very polite and helpful.As the hotel did not have twin double non-smoking room, they set free extra bed in the room in advance which is very nice. The Hotel responds to our questions efficiently and pays attention to our comments. Overall, my family and I will definitely stay again at Centre Point Silom Bangkok for its great price and location, spacious room, washing machine with dry function, excellent breakfast and facility and free drink at the Lobby.The only thing that should be improved is the receptionists should have more smile and the maintanence of the room can be improved as many places show signs of wareout. The hotel writes in the e-mail saying that they will pay attention to these aspects and I will check it up during my next trip to Bangkok. Overall, well done and should be highly recommand to others.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Tanasit T, Executive Assistant Manager at Centre Point Hotel Silom, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear San881314,

I would like to take this time to personally thank you for staying with us at Centre Point Hotel Silom and for your kind comment. Your comment is very precious for us to improve our services.

For any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me or my front desk team here at the hotel. Thank you for choosing Centre Point Hotel Silom, and we hope to see you again soon!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2014

After a long flight from France, i book in Center Point Silom for one night by the recommandation of a turism desk in the airport of BKK Suvarnabhum. I usually stay in Lebua Hotel ( 500 meters from Center point Silom) because is very close from French Embassy, and was convenient for me because i had an appointment there. I can say i was very happy of my staying in Center point Silom and will come back there for sure for my next stay in BKK . I would like to thank Mr Tan & Mr Tony from the reception who gave me an Upgreat upon C/I, they were very efficient and welcomed in a nice way. I really appreciate it after a so long flight. I had a very nice room, spacious, clean with all accomodations. In room you have everything, even a washing machine. It's a little appartment. When i enter in bathroom, i found a Japanese Toilet, was the first time i see one and was very funny to use it . All the staff are very friendly and helpfull. Especially the bellboy team. So i will like to say a special thank to Mr Alex, Mr Tiger , Mr Aaron who make our stay more comfortable. There are very polite, helpfull, smily, friendly and efficient, they make the difference. As i work as Head Concierge in big hotel in Geneva, i know witch staff are good or no. My wife join me during the night and they allowed us to park our car in front of the Hotel for the night. We unfortunately didn't try your restaurant because close very early 10 pm and the breakfast in the morning because we wake up to late. We was suppose to stay for one night but for some reason we had to extend our stay for one more night. After the experience in this hotel we decided to book for one more night. I check the price on Booking and Agoda to have an idea, and was the same price that we had but off course for a standard room not for the suite we had the night before. So we walking at the reception, and ask the price for night and they told us 3000 THB. As i see the price cheaper on the travel agent, i told them and ask them if was possible to have the same price that i saw. And they told me, no it's not possible to gave you this price you must book on the travel agent to have this price. I was really surprise about the answer from them. As i know, how it's work in hospitality business, i told them is ridiculous , that you don't gave me the same price that i saw in Booking and Agoda because if i book with them i will have the same price that yesterday, and hotel have to pay commission for them and instate of a C/I of 5 min it will take longer. They still refuse, i speak with the Duty Manager Mr Joey, but he didn't wanted to change his position because as i understand it's the politic of the Hotel and after he will have problem with Sales Department. Anyway, i directly book the room with Booking and as i was thinking when i come back with the reservation they had to search for my booking who was not update in there system, and the C/I take nearly 20 minutes, was very long and they had problem with the printer. Mr Tony was very nice, polite and finnaly gave us nice room, and i know that the fault not come from him, he really make everything to arrange the situation. I really enjoy my staying there and really like your staff but in my opignion you should change your politic about Room Booking, to not have such problem.
I will come back for sure in Hotel for my next stay in BKK but now i know that i will have to book via a travel agent to have the best deal.

Room Tip: Book a Suite Room on high Level
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Tanasit T, Executive Assistant Manager at Centre Point Hotel Silom, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Baroudeur69,

On behalf of our staff at Centre Point Hotel Silom, we hope your visit to Bangkok was memorable and met your expectations. We would like you to know how much we appreciated your recognition of our fine hotel and for the many kind words you expressed to our staff during your stay.

I apologize that you had an inconvenience during your extension period. I have discussed with the front office manager about it. We will try our best to prevent the same situation in the future.

I apologize once again and thank you very much for your kind patience and understanding.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Before we stayed at this hotel we stayed at the Lebua. From the Lebua the Centre Point Hotel looked very tiny, and as I had booked already wondered if I had chose wisely.
But we were pleasanly surprised by the standard of the inside of this hotel.
The room was large and a bit dated inside.
The room also had a washer/dryer
I would recomend this hotel as a cheap stop over in Bangkok.
I payed £80 for my 2 grown up sons and myself for one night.
The breakfast was good.
The staff were helpfull

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tanasit T, Executive Assistant Manager at Centre Point Hotel Silom, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear My_Opinion461,

Thank you very much for your kind comment and your support at our Centre Point Hotel Silom. I will pass your comment to all departments to encourage their duties.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed at the Centre Point hotel for 2 nights when we arrived in Thailand having booked the room through Agoda.

The hotel is in a busy part of town attached to a shopping mall (with a decent food court) about five minutes' walk from the Skytrain. It's very well located to explore the city.

The room was very spacious, it was clean and the amenities worked well although there was a slight whine on the aircon at certain settings. The swimming pool is a saltwater pool, it is clean and well maintained and the pool area is very pleasant with nice towels provided on arrival.

The breakfast was particularly good with a good range of Western and Asian, sweet and savoury options. Throughout our time there the service was good and we enjoyed our stay.

We paid £60 per night for our stay (approximately 3000 Bht) which may have been a little on the expensive side but overall the hotel definitely met our expectations.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Matthew R
Tanasit T, Executive Assistant Manager at Centre Point Hotel Silom, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Matthew R,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. I hope that your stay was pleasant and that our accommodations and services were acceptable to you. Please let me know if there's any ways that we might make improvements in the accommodations and services for your next stay.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stayed at the Centre Point Silom in April while I was attending a conference in Bangkok. To begin with the rooms are huge, comfortable and spotlessly clean. There's also a kitchenette which I loved. It was very convenient especially since I was staying there for six days and would often return after a long day. Adjacent to the hotel there's a shopping mall with different shops and many places to eat. There's also a large supermarket which is also very useful. The hotel's amenities are wonderful with a well equipped gym and fabulous swimming pool. A great place to relax and unwind up on the 7th floor with a lovely view of Bangkok. I also enjoyed the breakfasts which are buffet style and have a large selection of food; especially the delicious fresh fruit! What I also appreciated was the complimentary coffee and tea and juices in the lobby. I thought that was a lovely touch and shows it's a hotel which cares about its guests. The staff are extremely friendly and always ready to help you with any question or to provide assistance. The hotel is conveniently located next to the Sky Train and the hotel shuttle boats which go up and down the river. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at the Centre Point Silom and would definitely stay there again when I next visit Bangkok.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Naomikv
Tanasit T, Executive Assistant Manager at Centre Point Hotel Silom, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Naomikv,

I would like to take this time to personally thank you for staying with us at Centre Point Hotel Silom. We know that you have many choices when traveling and your business is very much appreciated. We hope you enjoyed your stay, and that our hotel property and staff exceeded your expectations.