The staff were excellent - nothing was too much trouble although some were less fluent in English than others. The rooms were great, well equipped with a full size fridge, microwave, stove, oven and sink. The beds were comfortable and the air-conditioning adjustable. Our party had rooms on various floors but the room on the 23rd floor was much larger than the others on the lower floors. The views from the balcony on the 23rd floor was great.
The location was ultra-convenient: next to a main wharf to catch the ferry (tourist and commuter) and five minutes from a BTS station.
Next door there is a medium size shopping mall with a large western style supermarket that sells local and imported food and drinks – fresh, frozen and chilled as well as general grocery items. The mall also has a large food section selling everything from noodles to donuts, it also have quite a few mobile phones vendors, jewellers and clothes shops.
There are also quite a few convenience stores (7/11s) nearby and lots of street food vendors. There are also a couple of tailors, a Clarkes shoe shop and other various shops nearby. Although crossing the street to get to some of them might be a challenge!
There were quite a few more westernised restaurants in easy walking distance and it is a short walk to a rooftop bar (Lebua).
The pool was great - although it is a shame that they tolerate cigarette smoking around the pool.
We were really happy with this hotel and recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centre Point Hotel Silom, situated on the top of Robinson Bangrak Department Store and at the bank of Chao Phraya River, is in proximity to Saphan Taksin skytrain (BTS) station and Sathorn ferry pier; aiding quick and easy transfer to: The Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha Temple, Wat Pho Temple, Temple of Dawn (Wat Arun), and Asiatique - the Riverfront and Community Mall (night bazaar). The hotel’s building is in the Jewelry Trade District of Silom and Sathorn road. It takes just a 5 min. drive to BKK Sea Shell Museum, and Sri Mahamariamma Temple; a mere 10 min. drive to Pat Pong (night life), and a short 15 min. drive to China Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Centre Point Hotel Silom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centre Point Silom Bangkok
- Centre Point Silom Hotel Bangkok