2,385 results
All reviewsdepartment storewashing machinethe riverrobinson shopping malltops supermarketsaphan taksin bts stationfull kitchenferry piergrand suitestreet foodstate towerhuge roomdirect accessa river view roomchao phrayasmall kitchenserviced apartment
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel for 9 nights. I was lucky enough to get a 90 SQ M suite for an excellent rate. The room was beautifully appointed and spotlessly clean. The room has a kitchenette with microwave, hotplates, cutlery and crockery. I was surprised that there was no complimentary tea and coffee sachets Not a major drama as there is a supermarket under the building - I just assumed I'd be able to make myself a cuppa. Also - some wine glasses would be a useful addition in the room. The restaurant was happy to loan me a wine glass for the duration of my stay. The restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch. The breakfast buffet was a grand affair with all the usual options plus the nice touch of fresh eggs cooked to your liking by a lovely friendly staff member. From what I could tell the restaurant was not open in the evenings, though there are loads of other food options right outside the hotel. Room service was open until about 10 PM / 10.30 and there were plently of options both in Western style and Thai cuisine. I had room service about 8 times during my stay for snacks and some evening meals. The food was always delivered exactly as ordered, promptly and was at the right temperature. I enjoyed all the items on the room service menu. There is an in-house beauty salon and I used their hairdressing services twice. The lady in the hair salon did a beautiful job of shampooing and blow drying my hair and I would definitely use her services again. Note cash only for the salon, but the treatments were very well-priced. Concierge, security and doormen were always friendly and efficient and would get you a cab at a moments notice - making sure the driver knew where he was taking you so there was no confusion for non-Thai speakers. Daily maid service was excellent with sheets and towels changed daily and, as I mentioned above, the room was spotless. I dropped an earring which rolled under the vanity in the bathroom and when I bent down to pick it up, I could see that even under the vanity had been regularly mopped as there was no dust or fluff to be seen. There was also a washing machine / dryer in the room which was a handy addition. Front loading detergent was supplied and replenished each time it was used which was a nice touch.
The hotel is 3 mins walk from the BTS and suited me perfectly as I was having dental work done in Silom - though I mainly took cabs as they were so well-priced.
Would definitely stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: All reviews seem to favour the river view, but the trade off may well be in the price of the room - I got a great rate - but not a river view. Still the city view was excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Julia K
Reviewed October 15, 2012

around 35 minutes from bangkok international airport by taxi.
this is a serviced apartment not a hotel . . .
i stayed in centre point silom for 3 nights . . .
and luckily we stayed in chaopraya river view room .
the location of this apartment is near to BTS and chaopraya river . . .
so you don't have to take a taxi to go around bangkok city . . (which is very crowded & traffic jam is terrible)
very good service and nice staff . . .
you can see the lobby right from channel 1 of your television . . . :)
the location is next to dept store and local food centre . . .
and you can find three 7 eleven around this area . . .

breakfast is decent . . . didn't have many choice . . .

Room Tip: ask the reservation staff to provide you room with chaopraya river view . . .
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Raymond P
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just returned from a 10 night stay here. Overall this place is not too bad but we were left feeling like they get close to getting it right but just can't get there. The biggest issue for us were the shockingly hard beds. The bed in the first room left us in pain after the first night. The staff tried to make the bed softer for us with extra blankets, but after 4 nights we could stand it no more and were looking at booking another hotel. The staff were kind enough to change our room to one with a 'newer' bed. The bed in this room was slightly softer but still way too firm for us. We didn't end up having a decent sleep in 10 nights.

Other annoyances included a total lack of facial tissues in either room, we had to go and buy our own. Other little things like no wine glasses and no washing up detergent in the kitchen were also a let down. On a couple of occasions we also had smelly towels.

The staff n the hotel couldn't be faulted and were always very attentive, friendly and welcoming. They are to be congratulated or that. This includes the awesome security staff who greeted us and opened doors for us every time we entered the hotel.

The rooms are kept spotlessly clean which is another plus. Food at the hotel is also quite pleasant. The property is well situated for getting around Bangkok. The awful beds and lack of attention to detail are what let the hotel down. I sure hope they innest in some pillow top mattresses soon. Could never stay there again until they do...

Room Tip: See if you can get a river view. We had a one bedroom apartment.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Glen T
Tanasit T, Front Office Manager at Centre Point Hotel Silom, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear TommyTravels2,

Thank you very much for choosing our Centre Point Silom as your second home in Bangkok.

First of all I would like to apologize for our lack of services which made you experienced some
inconvenience during your stay.

Kindly be informed that our beds installed at our Centre Point Silom are all standard beds.
I will brief the Housekeeping Team to prepare a softer mattress upon your next arrival.
And they will set daily facial tissues and 2 wine glasses in your room as well.

Normally our Housekeepers set detergent daily but you could ask them to set more by
calling at the front desk. The Housekeeping Manager will brief the laundry team to be more
careful with all towels before sending to your room and brief the rest of the team to prevent
the same situations in the future. I promise that we will do our best to make our services meet
your most satisfaction.

I apologize once again and thank you very much for your kind patience and understanding.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Bangkok 10500
Tel no: 66 2 266 0521 Fax no: 66 2 266 0520
Email: tanasit.t@centrepoint.com

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel is fantastic on many levels: great location, great facilities, great rooms, very good service and close (walking distance) from the river boat terminal and Skytrain station.
I would highly recommend this place for both a family stay or business trip in Bangkok.
Central Point Silom is set above a shopping centre and in a street full of merchants for whom want to experience something different that the McDonald at street level.
Rooms are large and conveniently appointed with plenty of storage space.
Great address in Bangkok to base yourself be for an overnight stay or couple of days. Loved it!

Room Tip: Ask for a River view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yann-in-Oz
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in September. Picked the hotel as it was close to Saphin Taksin and central pier. Room was big with good amenities. Thought the staff and service was slightly impersonal compared to other hotels/apartments i've stayed in Thailand. Breakfast was good with plenty options and choices. Room was clean, very large clean bathroom. Maid service was very good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo