“Great stay, great locale”

Centre Point Hotel Chidlom
Ranked #145 of 890 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Had a really good stay with the Centre Point. We always try and stay on Soi Langsuan as that is the area that we like, 5 mn walk to the BTS and one stop away from MBK and Siam Square. We are also close to Lumpini Park so we can run in the mornings and take advantage of the street food located in and around the park area. Always good.
The hotel is nicely decorated, actually a long stay apartment place as much as a hotel. We were upgraded to a one bed room because we were staying for many days. Our room had a kitchen as we planned to cook as most of them do here. Bedroom was large and separate from the rest of the apt. Bathroom was nice as well. Free internet with the room.
Really good work out facility and sauna area. Pool area was OK, no sun deck as it is located on the 6th floor but it's OK. There is also a library area for reading with newspapers and books, nice touch.
Breakfast in the morning was pretty good, a few things were cold, get your eggs fresh off the skillet as they like to cook them ahead of time and they sit and get cold, an asian thing.
Staff was always freindly and helpful as were the G4/S guards out front, always hailing a taxi when you needed it and a friendly greeting and of course the Thai smile.
We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Arthit W, Manager at Centre Point Hotel Chidlom, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

We want to thank you for the kind words you said about Centre Point Hotel & Residence Langsuan. Your thoughts are important to us, but we're especially pleased when the feedback is positive.

We try hard to provide the best possible service to our customers and their satisfaction is our reward. The more satisfied customers we have, the more our business will thrive.

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know we're doing something right. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Stayed for a conference. The conference facilities were poor. Not the service provided for it - the service generally was excellent: effective without being obsequious - however, the acoustics in the conference room were terrible. Combined with the noisy airconditioning, you couldn't hear someone 5 metres away. The room (1br apartment) was mostly nice and spacious, with a good kitchen and even a washing machine. However, some parts were awkward, like a door to the bedroom/bathroom that didn't stay open fully, requiring you to push it open every single time you used it. Meanwhile, the safe was in a cupboard behind this door and was difficult to get to. The aircon was very noisy and also unreliable (once the lounge room was actually blowing warm air!). The bathroom was ok but a little cramped (to the point that the toilet roll was impossible to access and I just pulled it off the holder and put it on top of the toilet) and the shower head was way too low. Breakfast was a mediocre buffet - the Asian foods were much better than the western ones - and lunch was similar. Lifts were few and were very hot. You won't hate this place but there is lots of competition in this price range and some must be better than this.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Arthit W, Manager at Centre Point Hotel Chidlom, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2012

Thank you for taking time to write this message to explain the issues that have occurred recently. We regret any inconvenience you have experienced, and we assure you that we are anxious to retain you as a satisfied customer.
Our Customer Satisfaction Team is reviewing the information you sent us and conducting a full investigation in order to resolve this matter fairly.
If you need further assistance, you may contact us directly at langsuan@centrepoint.co.
Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you’ll continue to give us opportunities to serve you.

Sincerely yours,
Arthit Waitayaphat
Hotel Manager

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We booked for 9 nights in a one bed room apartment via HotelClub. First morning we woke up with a sore back, I contact receptionist about how uncomfortable the bedroom was.

It was the hardest bed I have ever felt and the noisy air-condition that woke us up all night. That receptionist was very polite and helpful. Housekeeping fix the bed by putting a topper on the bed which is not really help but better.. After the 3rd night I had to ask for another topper because we woke up with a sore back every morning and it happened throughout stay.

Finally, we end up staying 8 nights, not because the problems are fixed but I guess we get use to hard bed after a few nights...plus change the hotel, pack-unpack is a hassle, and thanks for the sleeping pills for good nights sleep.

The hotel is in good location, reception staffs, bell boy, security are very polite and helpful but uncomfortable bed and noisy air-con that bothering us.

One more thing, regarding the early check out. Reservation staff inform HotelClub that Hotel has never promised the refund to guest. However, we were told twice by receptionist about no penalty charge if we early check out..but only 1 night is not a big deal tho.

From all the experiences above, we will just never return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jidabhas
Arthit W, Manager at Centre Point Hotel Chidlom, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Thank you for notifying us of your complaint. We strive to provide you with the best possible service, and when you feel that it fails to meet your expectations, it’s important for us to know.

We’re sorry that you received service that prompted you with a complaint, and we regret any inconvenience or frustration that your experience has caused you. To ensure that our staff conducts itself in a manner that reflects the high regard that we have for our customers, we’ve notified the proper department of your complaint.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I agree that this hotel is clean, well situated and offers reasonable value for money, however ....

We were 'walk in' customers without pre-booking. At first I was quoted 2700 baht for a room. Then the price suddenly escalated to Bt 2920. No problem, having viewed the room and liked it I was not going to argue over a few hundred baht. Then, at check out I was presented with a bill for over 3100 .... service charge not previously mentioned "had" to be included.

On principle I complained and the staff were defiant and adamant. No problem, speaking reasonable Thai AND being used to this kind of arrogance I stood my ground. I called for the head manager who sensibly agreed to my offer of meeting each other half way. Problem solved ... but the staff were absolutely furious! Loss of face!

As I left with an airy smile to rub it in I thought .... only in Thailand! Have to find another hotel next time ..... ;-)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DavidRhodes
Arthit W, Manager at Centre Point Hotel Chidlom, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2012

Reviewed January 9, 2012

For what I paid, my stay at the Centre Point on Langsuan was great. The hotel was really nice, kept up well, and the room was nice, clean, and comfortable (it included an air conditioner, which even in December, was a must). The included breakfast was definitely Asian-style, but was adequate. Service was good, too, making my overall stay a very good experience, one I would recommend, and one I would consider making again should I ever want to repeat my vacation to Thailand.

The lobby is pretty fancy looking — it makes a good first impression. Check-in, check-out, and any questions I had were taken care of pretty well, and definitely with a professional, customer-first attitude. Some of my more complicated requests, like requesting some detailed information about one of the tour packages you could book through the hotel resulted in the limit of the desk staff's English skills being reached, but they sincerely tried. I was happy with the service and the lobby.

My room was a studio suite with a kitchenette. Everything was clean, in working order, and well taken care of. I was very happy with it. I was slightly perplexed by the electricity situation, but the hotel staff showed me that you need to put your key card in a slot in the wall before the switches, outlets, etc., work. It saves energy, but it can be slightly annoying since you can't keep something like your computer going while you're out. The clocks on the appliances also always reset. The bathroom was spacious and nice and included one of those super-fancy Japanese-style toilets with a heated seat, a bidet, etc. My big complaint with the bathroom was that the shower head was installed for miniature people. It was at 5' at best. The bed was comfortable for me, there was tons of shelf space for your stuff, and even a desk, coffee table, and love seat. There was a small balcony, which could've been nice, but the air conditioning unit was placed about 1/3 of the way from the right side, making the balcony even smaller. The view of the skyscrapers mixed with palm trees was still really neat, though.

There is a super small pool, a small workout area (for 3 or 4 people, maximum), and a dining area. Breakfast is included in the stay. It is not very American or European in nature. There was a very small sampling of bread, bacon, and jams (and peanut butter!), but the real meat to the breakfast was a large variety of Asian cuisine. Most of it was really good, but I still found myself wondering where the cheese was or where some hash browns were. I was fine with it, and even really liked some of the fish and pastry items, but it might not be to everyone's liking.

A decent wireless Internet connection was always available in my room, which was nice and something I consider essential. The location wasn't bad. There's a large variety of restaurants within walking distance, including all the stuff, including many more Western-style options, in the nearby mall. The BTS station, which isn't too far way at all, makes a lot of things even more accessible. Finally, street vendors are everywhere, and there's a 7-Eleven a block away, where you can buy some good Strawberry Fanta. Most people will want to ride something to get to the major touristy stuff, but it's all within walking distance if you're up to it. The hotel lets you book tours through them. Depending on what you like to do or how much time you have, this may be a good option.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank UtahJohn22

Thank you for the kind words you said about Centre Point Langsuan. Your thoughts are important to us, but we're especially pleased when the feedback is positive.
We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review that we're doing something right. We look forward to serving you in the near future.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

First time back after refurbishing. I have stayed at several of the centepoints over the years but I have always had a softspot for the Lang Suan building. It was always a little creaky compared to Soi 10 etc but it had charm. Anyway after a cloure and refurbishing I went back in december. It was great value, and unusually for Bangkok had a pretty good breakfast buffet. Rooms and facilities now very modern very good but perhaps now a little more cold than my favorite creaky residence. Great location, great offers well worth trying and LangSuan is a good location.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 31, 2011

This is a nice hotel, friendly staff, great location (near BTS Ploenchit), well decorated rooms, fast free internet, lovely balcony, nice pool, decent breakfast. Really had no complaints at all and will use it again during my next stay in Bangkok.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo