“Good location”

Centre Point Pratunam Hotel
Ranked #152 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Quite a pleasant stay and location but be sure if you have 2 rooms to be allocated on the same floor otherwise you will face some issue to get up to a higher floor if your room is on the lowest one. ( your key card is restricted to go to other floor except yours) Upon check in they told us the rooms will be on different floors and we said its fine but we didnt know the policy with the elevator that you can go only to your floor. And we had rooms on 7th and 11th floors..sometimes I used the stairs. By the way we stayed for 7 nights so I least they should allocate the rooms from the beginning.
Another issue was the missing hot water.
Anyway the staff at the restaurant was very nice. The Breakfast was rich, full of exotic fruits and there was live cooking for eggs and pancakes. My father requested an boiled egg so they were more than happy to help us, especially the supervisor.
The location is perfect for everything, for shopping, for thai massage, for thai cuisine, for everything if you want to experience the Bangkok. Its a walking distance to the metro station.
I will deffinetely recomand the hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear AdnanaGin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such kind words about your stay at Centre Point Hotel Pratunam and please accept my greatly apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We endeavor to allocate rooms of family and friends as near to each other as possible and kindly be informed that all guests can request the extra key card to get up/down to another floor (in case you and your family/friends stay in other floor) I'm sorry to learn that our front desk staff lack to gave you fully information and you have to faced the difficult time during stay with us including you have to used the banister for sometimes.

Our central location is ideal for those who are visiting on business as well as for those who are explore Bangkok for leisure.

I'm pleased to note that you were enjoyed the breakfast and the restaurant staff looked after you so well especially the supervisor. The chef and I were delighted in offering you this great selection of the seasonal freshest product for breakfast. I shall ensure that your kind comments are passed on to them.

I would like to thank you for your personal recommendation our hotel to your friends, your kindness is very much appreciated and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you bak to the hotel soon.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We booked the hotel in the airport and didn't have to disappoint. Huge rooms, very friendly staff and and superb location made the stay comfortable. We were only for 1 night but would come back if staying in Bangkok.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KaiaSing
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear KaiaSing,

We are all delighted to read your review and it is nice to know that your stay was comfortable and staffs were friendly. We are indeed centrally located which is provided a convenient base for visiting Bangkok attractions.

We are truly happy to hear that you will stay with us if you come back to Bangkok. We look forward to welcoming you on your future visit.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

The place is conveniently located. Close to many shopping areas & eateries. However BTS station is quite a good 20 mins walk away. May be an issue if you have elderly or young ones. Staff are helpful & polite. Only 'flaw' would be that the place seems dated, though clean.

• Stayed: November 2013
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear LimCL,

Indeed one of our assets is our central location, our hotel situated amidst the renowned Bangkok's fashion and entertainment center, you can go shopping, sightseeing and explore the multi-facet of Bangkok. It is nice also to read that you felt that nothing was missed and staffs were helpful & polite.

Thank you so much for taking time to leave your positive feedback. Please do come back and visit us once again on the near future.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I'm not sure if it's the language barrier issue but seems like we were over-promised that we will be getting a high floor with both rooms side by side but as the room wasn't ready, we gotta come back after 1pm. To our surprise, we were given a level 6. Reason: That's the highest floor they have for double double bed rooms. First impression: Bad

Room: The size was good, looked like an apartment as there was quite a few drawers here and there which i don't find it useful for travellers (at least for a short stay). No coffee or tea in the room but you can have a drink at the lobby and it's complimentary. Bring your own adaptor as their's doesn't work. The TV allocation was rather not that centralised between both beds. Air-con leaking in one of our 2 rooms. Poor friend gotta endure the dripping sound throughout the night. Zero Service Recovery for that. Relatively good sized empty fridge for you to put your stuff.

Beds: Single beds with wheels so don't be alarmed when the bed moves. A not so thick blanket placed in between 2 white sheets.

Bathroom: Hated the shower. Never seems to get the temperature right, no matter how tactful I tried to turned the tap. It's either cold or hot. What a bumper! Old towels - no weird smell which is good but you can tell it's been used for a while (holes and marks)

Location: Unless you don't mind, you can take a 15mins or so walk to the nearest train station under the blazing sun. However... i prefer to use the side entrance to head down to places like Platinum mall, the streets and so on. At least there's more things to see rather than the other direction.

Pool: It's salt water with a sheltered jacuzzi. The water was chilling due to the good weather.

Breakfast: Good, almost loving it! You can even make your own milo. Fresh veggie for your salad. Orange juice tasted fresh.

In-Room dining: Love the tom yum soup and the veggie! You can skip the green curry set, too watery and not much taste.

Service: Not bad. Nothing WOW about it.

Will i come back again? - Doubt So.
Will i recommend this place to my friend? - Don't think so too.

Room Tip: You may wish to get a room that faces the pool!
1  Thank jazsimplyme
apicha s, Resident. Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear jazsimplyme,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback and please accept our greatly apologize for not having met your expectations.

I would once again like to apologies for your disappointment of your room booking and I would like to keep you inform that there are all double bed on high floor,if you prefer the twin bed we have only on floor 5-10 (lower floor) as I surmise, it was miscommunication .

I have shared your comments with our relevant department heads and we're all appreciated that you bringing to our attention. We will certainly look into the matters and we will be used some beneficial information to improve the services and amenities provide to make your next visit more satisfy. Your kind patient is very much appreciated.

We views all our guest as special and valuable and hope that you will give us another opportunity to make you welcome at Centre Point Hotel Pratunam.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Nothing really outstanding for this hotel except the room is really spacious. Even add in another bed, there is still too much space to spare. You can skip in the room too from one end to the other end of the room.

Room is clean & well-equipped. Thumbs up for the good service provided by the reception & housekeeping. Extra pillow, towels & toothbrush set requested was sent promptly.

As mentioned by other reviewers, experienced the same issue with the water level. Water turned cold very quickly with the knob pointed at hot water. Really frustrating. Fortunately the weather was hot outside so don't mind the water issue. If not, it will be a really disadvantage for the hotel for this bad point.

The good point of the hotel is the location. Right in the mid of Pratunam, which easily allows tourist to access to some of the attraction such as Platinum Fashion Mall, Pantip Plaza and Pratunam market.

Tried the sauna for two consecutive days. It actually cover up the disadvantages of the hotel during my 3 days stay in Bangkok. My friend has no complaint too thanks to the chrysanthemum tea provided in the lobby everyday....

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear SKid_10,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review of our hotel.

First of all, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience case including the hot water issue had occured during your stay with us and please note that we are on the way of working on it and will complete by the end of November. I'm so glad to note that the size of our guest room was satisfied you. This is one of our strong features! I'm even more delighted to hear that we have provided you with a fantastic lever of service. I thank you for specifically mentioning the reception & housekeeping teams as well as strive for excellent standards of service. We love to look after you all but not as a duty but from the heart and it's also nice to know you found the hotel location was good.

I do hope that you will return to us once again in the near future.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed there 4 nights with friends just last week. The service was okay, the staffs were friendly. The lady at the counter right outside the entrance tried recommending us some activities but we knew better after seeing the price (overpriced) so I will say plan your own, it'll be cheaper.

The room was okay, it was cleaned up everyday when we pressed the light to ask them to made up our room, but there's this serious problem with not enough toilet paper. Seriously, their toilet rolls are like one layer only (very, very thin kind on top of that) and the rolls are tiny. Me and another girl friend stayed in the room together and we had 'lack toilet paper issues' quite bad. The first day we were there? The toilet roll is already 3/4 gone, we had to survive on our own packet tissue paper that night since the rest was gone after two more use, and BOTH room service and housekeeping weren't picking up AT ALL after I tried calling at about 9 plus.

They replenish it the next day, but again, the toilet roll was so small it wasn't enough to last us til the next day (we were two girls who needed toilet more often I guess). And there is no other source of tissue in the room except this one roll, so when we spilled some drink we had to go in and take from there.

I had my own toilet roll I brought from home since I was having a flu (this was three layer, and the expensive kind), I left it on my bed before I went out the second day and there was about 1/3 of it left, and guess what, it was GONE after I came back. I was too tired to being it up as an issue to the hotel since I was very tired, and it was just a toilet roll, but lets just say I'm glad nothing else was missing (but that may be due to the fact I pack and locked everything I owned into my luggage before leaving).

The room was kind of old, the fridge was woobly, every time I open or close it, it felt as if it might topple over if I use too much strength.

The door lock felt unsafe, the whole knob area was half falling off, and looked as if it would come out with one one good tuck. But we were travelling with guy friends next door so I didn't give it much grief.

Otherwise, the rest of the room was clean, comfortable and spacious, enjoyed the mini kitchen space where we could sit together and snacked at in the middle of the night.

Location wise it was okay as well, the main entrance was facing a mini street which had nothing but massage parlors, but they had a side entrance which is diagonally opposite Platinum Mall (which was the best place to shop at, they had 3 zone there and has about everything you want to shop about, if you're a girl. There's one one men section as opposed to five for the first 3 floors. Muslim friends might be happy to hear that there is one Muslim food stall at level 5 there)

There's a 7-11 beside the side entrance which is convenient. BUT the train station is far, far away, don't be fooled. It's walk-able but takes around 15-20 min under the blazing sun. Much easier to take a cab, or a tuk-tuk, but we had four people, so instead of taking two tuk-tuk at 100 baht each vehicle, its much cheaper to take one cab at 100 baht, and its air-conditioned as well. Even the cab's meter run much slower than those in Singapore. We just asked the hotel staff to help us call one, and it comes pretty quickly (or, its parked right in the car park already).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear darksage,

I am sorry to read that you were not entirely happy with your recent stayed with us and thank you very much for your detailed feedback.

The lady that you mentioned she works as taxi service and of course the price is higher than taxi meter but we can monitor and control them which they have to follow by the standard price list. All guests can onsider using taxi meter or taxi service which you may know the situation of taxi meter in Bangkok now.

I would like to apologies for the discomfort for the toilet paper and some inconvenient case that you mentioned. All guests can request the extra of toilet paper by calling to Housekeeping 4005 or Guest Service Executive. I took good note of your constructive remarks and I have liaised with all concern departments head in order to avoid future occurrence.

However, I'm glad to hear that the rest of that you satisfied our services and facilities provide. We always aim for the best in everything for you and look forward for your next visit.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed here recently for 4 nights with my family & a friend's family. Found the overall experience very good. Hotel was clean, rooms were big & comfortable, staff were friendly. We especially liked the kitchenette as it had a fridge & microwave which proved useful as there were a few mornings we made breakfast in the room.

This hotel is also well located in the Pratunam area & is within walking distance to places like Platinum Fashion Mall (good shopping) as well as the nearby Pratunam Market. The BTS station was also nearby & we used it on some occasions to move around Bangkok.

Special mention goes to the hotel's concierge manned by Nena who helped arranged transportation for us when we needed to move our group of 6 people to certain places of interest. During our stay, Bangkok was having the demonstrations going on & Nena made it a point to monitor the situation & kept me updated. There was once the demonstration marched near our hotel & caused a massive traffic jam. She actually called me to advise that I not make my way back to the hotel yet until it cleared. Really appreciated that bit of pro-activenenss on her part.

This was our first trip to Bangkok & I must say we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Will definitely recommend this hotel to others. *two thumbs up*

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Tuck Heng L,

What a joy to read your marvelous feedback! This is our utmost reward for me and my team. We all thank you very much for that.

I am so glad to hear that the overall experienced you seemed to have such a very good time here and it is also nice to know you have found our hotel strategically located. Pratunam is a gateway of city life providing everything Bangkok has to offer and thank you for specifically mentioning Nena who work as taxi service and her arrangement has been appreciated. I shall ensure that your kind praise is passed on to her.

As we. rely on word of mouth referral, your kind offer to recommend us to other tripadvisor members is very much appreciated. We very much look forward to your 2nd stay at Centre Point Hotel Pratunam.