“Lousy service! Will not stay again”

Centre Point Pratunam Hotel
Ranked #148 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore
“Lousy service! Will not stay again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I'm still at the hotel while writing this review. I must say the service is poor and very disorganize. First of all, I have booked a junior deluxe room, they give me a deluxe room. The guy at the front counter has even took my credit card and swiped the fee for a deluxe junior but still assign a deluxe room for me. I'm carrying a baby and it caused me a lot of hassle to shift everything again plus tiredness from the flight and the traffic jam. Secondly, I have booked a room with breakfast but these people are so screw up. First morning, after swiping the room card for verification purpose, it reflected that breakfast is not included. Nevertheless, the staff took the initiative to call the front counter to verify. I suppose they have rectify the problem but no. On the second morning, my husband was allowed to enter the restaurant and after selecting his food halfway, they asked my husband to go out of the restaurant and wait. Then they call the front counter to verify. Is this the right way to solve the problem? Should not they call and verify before asking my husband who was picking his food halfway to go out of the restaurant and wait?
The room is clean but don't expect the interior to look like the picture. The room is getting old. The breakfast is not good and selection is limited.
I have been to bangkok numerous time and stay in many different hotel. For the price I pay and the service and room I'm getting, I would say it is not value for money. I would never ever book this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank 5piderman
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear 5piderman,

I have got your feedback and thoroughly understand while reading it. I can not refrain from writing this to say how deeply I was to hear from you. I very much appreciate your bringing your experience stayed to our attention.

That said, I was very disappointed to learn that you left feeling that the hotel service by our team was less than satisfactory. Please do allow me to take this opportunity to offer my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused. Please rest assured that this type of comment is not one we take lightly, and our relevant department head is currently looking into this matter further. We will take any necessary action to ensure that this situation does not recur, and ensure any appropriate retaining take place. Our team is here to ensure that all our guests' stays are as comfortable and memorable as possible, and in no way would there be any intention to make any of our guests feel uncomfortable.

We view all our guests as special and valuable and hope that you will give us another opportunity to make you welcome and to restoring your faith at Centre Point Hotel Pratunam in the future.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Guantánamo, Guantanamo, Cuba
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have stayed many times here and always request the same room and could not be happier, clean, great food, service quick and correct. Great morning breakfast buffet with lots of choices. I really like the location and places to relax at the hotel, pool clean and refreshing, gym same , and quite in room off the main drag , but close to may things by short walk. BTK sky rail, cloths shopping, and Siam Paragon mall ( I think the best in Bangkok --high end) any food you could want , fresh made and any country, great market , bakery .

The one trip I arrived late in the day and they said , we have to give out your room as we are fully booked, I was upset but then they said , you are always booking here so we have moved you up to Presidential suite if you like it and took me up and honored the lower suite rate I booked and full time at hotel, it was great 3 rooms and a outside shower and walk-in closet with everything .

I never have stayed at any other place after first trip here, I have stayed at 50 + others in Bangkok now only here , 3+ times a year.

Room Tip: I always book a suite as it has a full kitchen with clothes washer and large refer so we can bring f...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Tim M
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Tim M,

I cannot thank you enough for the very kind words you took the time to write such a terrific review following your recent stay with us

Thanks for affirming what the reviews say about us. It really feels good to be appreciated just as we make it our goal to make you feel good with all the amenities and room we have to offer. Our staff are naturally helpful and friendly not as a duty but from the heart. We're so glad to note that you were entirely very happy your time in here. Your comments serve as a real motivator and confirmation that we're searching our aim and I would also like to thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel. Your kind patronage is very much appreciated.

We very much look forward to your return visit and opportunity to welcome you back at Centre Point Hotel Pratunam again and again!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Rooms - very spacious and clean! We had connecting rooms, and my 3 year old was so excited by the space she had. They even had a fully equipped kitchen, with stove and kettle. Even the fridge was huge.
Location - Superb! Exit by the side door, and cross an overhead bridge... and you'll find yourself swarmed with shopping shopping and more shopping.

Massage - can be found just downstairs, along the road at the entrance of the hotel.. Went to Number One massage, but didn't quite like it as the staff were all busy chatting away whilst you were being massaged. Totally not relaxing. Went on to another massage place, just across Number One massage, REBORN. Wow. Cheap & Good. totally relaxing. only about SGD7-8 per hour. In fact, we went for massage almost twice a day when we were in bkk.

Service - Fantastic! They actually go thru the trouble to help you get a meter taxi to wherever you wana go. And after a long wait, they will ask you if you wana pay a small fee instead. They even help you negotiate with the taxi drivers.

Breakfast - Mediocre. The only downside of our stay. Couldnt comment much, I'd rather eat outside.

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ph0ebeLim,

How wonderful to read your invaluable feedback! The rest of the team are all delighted to read your appreciation of our hotel.

It pleases me that you were satisfied our room and your kid enjoyed the time spent running there and that you found our service was fantastic and also good to know the location of the hotel met your needs. I am happy that you enjoyed these particular aspects of our hotel. Despite the one that you mentioned the mediocre breakfast that I've liaised to all concern staff including the restaurant manager and head chef to note and to be improved the breakfast. I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectations.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to Centre Point Hotel Pratunam soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Location is very good esp we can drop things back aft heavy shopping.And nearby hv good foot massage esp Lavender spa(green color shop)
Added n extra bed.. paid about BHT1000+ per night although I got a very good deal fr Agoda.
Overall still a good stay..will be back!

• Stayed June 2013
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear ozone9,

I am so pleased to read your wonderful feedback. Many thanks for taking the time to do this.

Our guests have always found the hotel strategically located & we're glad you did too. I am happy that in general,you seemed to have a good time staying with us and everything went well. I am sorry to note that the side entrance close too early. This issue is regrettable and I hope you will accept my sincere apologies.

I am even more delighted to here that you will be back and stay at Centre Point Hotel Pratunam. I look forward to welcoming you with our warm hospitality in the not too distant future.

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

First day: not hot water in the the shower, sink is blocked and there is no coffee in the room. The latter point is that yes, the kitchen is equipped and one can make one's own coffee, BUT, if only they had left a couple of complimentary sachets of tea and coffee...Oh and there is no coffee maker in the room per se. Its just a hot water dispenser, so "instant" is the only coffee you will have.
All said, its clean and the location is good. Its good value for money but with a few inexpensive changes they could make it great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Sonia 1001,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review of Centre Point Pratunam.

I am grateful for your feedback,which is such a valuable source of information for me regardless of whether it is good or bad and help me monitor the service and amenities we provide
First, we very much apologies for the hot water and the sink issues. Please note that we are currently on the process of reviewing of the water pressure and the fixing of the hot water is on progressed and be assured that I have since instructed my chief and housekeeper to fully service the sink.
Second, we would like to apologies for not provided a complimentary set of the sachets of tea and coffee including the coffee maker in your room. I took note of your constructive remarks and will make sure that your comments will be considered by GM.
Once agin,thank you for your comments and please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.The good recognition is very important to us. We will try our best to mak you have a good time an more comfortable while staying with us.

I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back at Centre Point Hotel Pratunam in the near future.

Khartoum
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

the hotel is clean quite and secure .. I have stayed there twice .
one time they had changed the whole reception, entrance and look over the night .\
how amazingly fast and professional construction. the management are always there, checking and measuring performance and satisfaction ,
location is very near to Fashion city , computer shopping and local restaurants.
MBK is almost one block a way where you can find every think

Room Tip: all rooms are almost the same , bit I think only one or two floors has washing machine inside the r...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank AnasMadani
apicha s, Resident Manager at Centre Point Pratunam Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear AnasMadani,

Please be informed that from May 15,2013 onwards, our hotel name has changed from Centre Point Hotek&Residence Petchburi15 to Centre Point Hotel Pratunam.

What a joy to read your marvelous feedback! Thank you very much for that.

I am equally thrilled that you found the improvement of our performance team and our property. Your kind comments regarding the performance and satisfaction are most appreciated. We aim to make our guests feel have a good time and comfortable during their time with us to ensure their stay is one that is memorable. You're so right ! There are 2 floors on 29 and 30 which are suit rooms and we have provided washing machine each room. Our hotel location is right in the busting fashion district, Pratunam is a gateway of city life providing everything Bangkok has to offer.

We very much look forward to your 3rd stay with us at Centre Point Hotel Pratunam.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. The rooms are big but on the old side. I wouldnt say the bed's comfortable, more on the hard side. Location is pretty good, about 5 mins walk from Platinum Mall. Service staff is subpar, asking for the wifi password took my wife and me 3 calls to them before they finally got someone to bring up a piece of paper with username and password.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear mcji2010,

Please be informed that from May 15,2013 onwards, our hotel name has changed from Centre Point Hotel&Residence Petchburi15 to Centre Point Hotel Pratunam.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience whilst your stay with us recently.

I am glad to hear that you was satisfied our room size. Indeed one of our asset is our central location really close to all Bangkok attractions. I am sorry for the delay issue. I've liaised with the relevant staffs in order to avoid future occurrence. In case of the guest prefer the softer bed or need on the soft side. Please don't hesitate to request the mattress that we can put on top of the bed! Just call our housekeeping by dial 4005. In addition we have provided the flat pillows and healthy pillows service as well. I took good note of your constructive remarks and be assured that your next stay will more comfortable.

I really hope to welcome you back at Centre Point Hotel Pratunam.